Colossus The Fire Dragon Discussion
I've never seen Dragon in three train mode and I worked at Lagoon during the 1999 season.
I'd like them to run it in 2-train mode more often
linearinduction Wrote: The Last Time Dragon was in 3 Train Mode Was 1999! Laugh Running Dragon in 3 Train Mode is Fairly Pointless, as a Train is always going to be stopped in Waiting Zone 2, so the capacity won't be much greater. I also believe that a Coordinator or Manager has to be at the Ride for it to Operate 3 Trains if I'm not mistaken. Mike, care to chime in?

Sid, you are correct that they prefer a Coordinator or Manager running the ride when it is in 3 train mode.
I used to love Checking Lapbars on Dragon. I still have a "pop" in my collar bone from running into one of the station roof supports after I ran into it checking lapbars in 2000. I made Josh feel it. Tongue I think he was a little uncomfortable feeling my chest area. Wink Laugh
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Oh yes, running into stuff while checking lapbars.
HA HA! I had never thought of that b4!
I've never "Gated" anybody on Dragon, but I have on Roller Coaster! Wink Laugh
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
After Fire Dragon opened, I oftentimes saw a train sitting at the top of the climb for a few moments to a few min before proceeding, I assume that the old Gal was running in 3 Train mode at the time.
If I remember correctly from when I was young, three train mode on dragon ran smoothly. Smile I believe they dispatched a The Second Train when the First Train exited the Second Loop and that way the Third Train didn't wait in Waiting Zone 2 (WZ2) very long, not to mention there were no gates. Smile
I just wish they'd pull out a 2nd train more often.