“Snapping the cables” Flying Aces
Hey! I’m new here. I just wanted to see what your guys’ opinion on “snapping the cables” on Flying Aces is. Is it safe? I feel like I have gotten really good at it, and I have read on other websites and forums of other people complaining and arguing about the safety of snapping. It seems like you guys know what you’re talking about and I wanted to see your thoughts. If it’s unsafe or bad for the ride I’ll stop doing it.
Snapping the cables is safe on a ride like Flying Aces. In fact, some parks with a Flying Skooters ride allow people to snap the cables as part of the experience. Lagoon has a policy against the practice, so you should not actively attempt to snap the cables on Flying Aces.

I see this is your first post, so I also want to say welcome to the forum!
(05-04-2019, 11:18 AM)Willenator Wrote: Snapping the cables is safe on a ride like Flying Aces. In fact, some parks with a Flying Skooters ride allow people to snap the cables as part of the experience. Lagoon has a policy against the practice, so you should not actively attempt to snap the cables on Flying Aces.

To add to what will said, Lagoon has 4 Cables on each plane, 2 Main and 2 Safety's. I've seen fewer cables on other "flyers" type rides that don't have the same size cables, as Lagoon uses larger/stronger cables. Additionally, as I understand it, the structure was built new for the ride's return in 1986, as well as the hardware on the planes.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(05-04-2019, 11:18 AM)Willenator Wrote: Snapping the cables is safe on a ride like Flying Aces. In fact, some parks with a Flying Skooters ride allow people to snap the cables as part of the experience. Lagoon has a policy against the practice, so you should not actively attempt to snap the cables on Flying Aces.

Where is said policy?

Wait.. I don't want to know so I can say that I don't know lol
Just kidding.
I always love seeing how high I can get my plane to go....if it snaps the cables, it's not cause I am doing so purposely, but just trying to get as high as possible
(05-04-2019, 08:39 AM)SnapKing Wrote: ... I feel like I have gotten really good at it ...

Is this some sort of challenge? Tongue
(05-04-2019, 03:41 PM)JordanM Wrote: Is this some sort of challenge? Tongue

Lol it can be if anybody else wants to challenge me! Jk, I just thought maybe more severe actions could be more potentially dangerous for the ride idk
(05-04-2019, 05:22 PM)SnapKing Wrote: Lol it can be if anybody else wants to challenge me! Jk, I just thought maybe more severe actions could be more potentially dangerous for the ride idk

Snapping is for amateurs. Call me when you complete the 360!

-Z
(05-06-2019, 11:36 PM)Z Wrote: Snapping is for amateurs. Call me when you complete the 360!

-Z

Now that is amazing... I think that I have only gotten to about a 180
(05-06-2019, 11:40 PM)DeLorean Wrote: Now that is amazing... I think that I have only gotten to about a 180

I will also scare you when it happens! It is also uncomfortable when the ride stops and the cables unwind long after the ride stopped. It was definitely an accomplishment though.

-Z
(05-06-2019, 11:36 PM)Z Wrote: Snapping is for amateurs. Call me when you complete the 360!

-Z

Where do I claim my prize? Happy