Getting to know everyone at LIF
(04-05-2019, 01:08 PM)linearinduction Wrote: There used to be a thread called "The OFFICIAL Meet and Greet Thread" for people to introduce themselves and you could read back from the beginning to learn about LIF Users.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
I should have checked for a thread, my bad! See ya in an hour after I go through that thread...

It's HUGE!
Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
(04-05-2019, 02:21 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: I should have checked for a thread, my bad! See ya in an hour after I go through that thread...

It's HUGE!
Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
It is ok most of us don't mind telling about our self in here.
(04-05-2019, 02:54 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: It is ok most of us don't mind telling about our self in here.

Your all narcissists
Everyone of you!
(04-05-2019, 03:08 PM)DeLorean Wrote: Your all narcissists
Everyone of you!

Not everyone, but glad to see you're catching on.
Banana
Everyone of you!

Hey I think  u are the narcissist!  Grin
Tuck, Roll, and Aim for the grass!
(04-05-2019, 11:51 AM)LSFMAN Wrote: Hi guys!

I have been on the forum for around a year and a half now, and I really love it, but when I read through older threads, I feel like that everyone from the 2007-2010 LIF knew each other a lot better than the 2019 LIF users. That might be because of us not doing potlucks. I know I'm not down at the park a lot, but I would absolutely love to plan on meeting you guys!

Anyways, I just felt like we should all introduce ourselves to each other. I want to get to know you guys better, and make this forum rock!

My name is Calvin Stewart. I am 14. I currently live in Rexburg Idaho. Before moving to Rexburg, we lived in Ammon and Logan. I have always loved roller coasters. Whenever we made it out to Lagoon, which was only once every few years, it was a real treat. Wicked was the first "big" roller coaster I ever rode. In fact, I actually rode it before Colossus. I work at Five Guys, and it's super fun, but I have always wanted to work at Lagoon. Hopefully I can get the chance some day. It's my dream to work there! I've always wanted to be a ride operator at Wicked or Roller Coaster!

(Julie, if you see this, maybe you can let me run the ride for a day. Wink )

Anyways, if you guys would introduce yourselves, I would love that! I'm excited to get to know all of you better, and hopefully we can have a LIF meetup day sometime this summer!

My name is Ian. I live in Utah and run Utah Coaster Enthusiasts Youtube Channel. I am a former ride operator and ride supervisor at Lagoon for 5 years.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(04-05-2019, 11:51 AM)LSFMAN Wrote: Hi guys!

I have been on the forum for around a year and a half now, and I really love it, but when I read through older threads, I feel like that everyone from the 2007-2010 LIF knew each other a lot better than the 2019 LIF users. That might be because of us not doing potlucks. I know I'm not down at the park a lot, but I would absolutely love to plan on meeting you guys!

Anyways, I just felt like we should all introduce ourselves to each other. I want to get to know you guys better, and make this forum rock!

My name is Calvin Stewart. I am 14. I currently live in Rexburg Idaho. Before moving to Rexburg, we lived in Ammon and Logan. I have always loved roller coasters. Whenever we made it out to Lagoon, which was only once every few years, it was a real treat. Wicked was the first "big" roller coaster I ever rode. In fact, I actually rode it before Colossus. I work at Five Guys, and it's super fun, but I have always wanted to work at Lagoon. Hopefully I can get the chance some day. It's my dream to work there! I've always wanted to be a ride operator at Wicked or Roller Coaster!

(Julie, if you see this, maybe you can let me run the ride for a day. Wink )

Anyways, if you guys would introduce yourselves, I would love that! I'm excited to get to know all of you better, and hopefully we can have a LIF meetup day sometime this summer!
Hi. My name is Jonathan. I am VERY skinny and a theme park nerd, and can either have valuable information or ramble on in that subject with useless information Tongue . I also ask lots of questions. I love Halloween, and haven't worked at any BIG theme parks yet that aren't carnivals or fairs. I am really bad at coming up with creative names. (Lagoon Lover) I would also like to meet up with some of you guys at some point to as well.

And my favorite food is pizza Smile
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
I would agree that people don't know each other as much as they used to. Mostly because those of us that have been using the site for multiple years already know each other from previous meetups and stuff, so I think it doesn't hurt to do some introductions again for those who are interested. By the way, it is okay for any user to start a meetup topic announcing when you plan to head to Lagoon to try and hook up with other LIF users.

My name is William (Will), and I'm the guy who runs the place. Ok, maybe it would be more accurately worded that I'm the one that pays for this place and attempts to keep all the lagoonatics under control. Happy

I worked at Lagoon starting in 1997 thru 2000. I then returned to the park at the end of 2002 and worked thru 2003 before I moved to Idaho. It was around the end of 2003 that a friend of mine started a Yahoo Group called Lagoon Is Fun and asked me if I would like to help moderate it. Around February of 2004, I decided it might be fun to create a website to go along with the Yahoo group. Use the website for Lagoon information because at the time, Lagoon's website offered very little in terms of info, and I thought people might enjoy reading about the stuff I learned while working at the park. Later that year, I decided it might be fun to set up a web forum to bring the discussion and information together in one place. Thus the Lagoon Is Fun that you know (with some changes) was born.

Fun fact: I just realized this website is older than some of the users! Shocked

I'm Lagoon's biggest fan (that uses this website), and I do mean that literally. Wink I'm a fairly large guy, so I don't really get to ride much of the rides. I've never been on many of the rides that have been installed in the park since 2004, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the park. I just enjoy being there. I've always loved the atmosphere of amusement parks. I did move back to Utah around 8 years ago, and I seem to slowly move closer and closer to Lagoon each time. I actually live six minutes away from the park now, so that is a big bonus from some of the drives I used to do when I lived in Idaho Falls.
Everyone of you!

I prefer the term self-absorbed but that's just me.  This is my world you guys just have the pleasure of living in it Tongue
Tuck, Roll, and Aim for the grass!