The Great Taco Debate
(03-12-2019, 07:51 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Let's not talk about the foodborne illness outbreaks traced back to Costa Vida restaurants and the problems with Food Safety within their Management and Culture.....

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Yeah I have heard about some sketchy things going on in their kitchen.
(03-13-2019, 12:49 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: Yeah I have heard about some sketchy things going on in their kitchen.
People have forgotten about the Costa Vida problems since Chipolte had issues.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(03-13-2019, 01:19 PM)linearinduction Wrote: People have forgotten about the Costa Vida problems since Chipolte had issues.

Yes. A friend of mine, who was training for assistant manager, quit because the manager would not address serious food safety issues.
(03-13-2019, 01:19 PM)linearinduction Wrote: People have forgotten about the Costa Vida problems since Chipolte had issues.

Tuck, Roll, and Aim for the grass!
I thought you guys had gone totally off-topic but then I checked the menu and it turns out Chipotle does have tacos. I had no idea.
Banana
I know quite a few people on here who like station park Costa vida. I know Will, wife, Braden, Greg and me.
(03-14-2019, 09:58 AM)Spy Hunter Wrote: I know quite a few people on here who like station park Costa vida. I know Will, wife, Braden, Greg and me.
You pays yous money, you takes yous chances.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
(03-14-2019, 09:58 AM)Spy Hunter Wrote: I know quite a few people on here who like station park Costa vida.  I know Will, wife, Braden,  Greg and me.

We eat there a lot! I haven't had any food borne illness issues there since I got the colostomy bag. It also makes life easy when I travel, since I can literally go anywhere and you just have to disconnect and leave the bag behind Wink

Seriously though, I haven't heard anything about food safety issues at Costa Vida, while I have heard them about their biggest competitor. Furthermore, my wife and I eat at Chipotle about once a week. I guess I just like living dangerously!

-Z
(03-14-2019, 12:00 PM)Z Wrote: We eat there a lot! I haven't had any food borne illness issues there since I got the colostomy bag. It also makes life easy when I travel, since I can literally go anywhere and you just have to disconnect and leave the bag behind Wink

Seriously though, I haven't heard anything about food safety issues at Costa Vida, while I have heard them about their biggest competitor. Furthermore, my wife and I eat at Chipotle about once a week. I guess I just like living dangerously!

-Z
It was a whole culture issue within the company and it's management. We're talking about basics here, like proper hand washing, correct storage temperatures, proper cleaning and sanitizing, stock rotation and inventory control, storing ready to eat food items under uncooked/raw foods, etc.

Costa Vida is eh. I prefer Cafe Rio. I think this thread is about a roller coaster lol.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West