The Great Taco Debate
The topic changes in this thread are hilarious!

Also Del Taco!
I'm sorry, but it's always the taco stand on the corner! Lagoon scattering in a couple taco truck and stands every Tuesday

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
(03-12-2019, 12:21 AM)RCF Wrote: I'm sorry, but it's always the taco stand on the corner! Lagoon scattering in a couple taco truck and stands every Tuesday

Too bad for the 'no glass bottles' policy... a few good carnitas street tacos and a bottle of Mandarina-flavored Jarritos... mmmm.
(03-12-2019, 12:21 AM)RCF Wrote: I'm sorry, but it's always the taco stand on the corner! Lagoon scattering in a couple taco truck and stands every Tuesday

Yeah for sure. The place I mentioned as the best is totally the taco stand on the corner. It's soooooo good. Heart

Lagoon ought to just let them set up their cart and charge like a 100% additional fee for the space. That'd give us the best food in the park at $2.50 a taco, it'd give Lagoon free money, and it would give the taco cart a ton of business.
Banana
Semi-related: I wouldn't mind seeing Lagoon host some local food trucks on occasion, just to mix up the options a little.

(03-10-2019, 11:22 AM)CPrider Wrote: you are a live...

I wouldn't be so sure about that...
Great. Now I'm getting Taco Time ads on Tapatalk. [Image: 85fd310e24399b01b5e1ffe37b0ed57f.jpg]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
(03-12-2019, 12:33 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: Yeah for sure. The place I mentioned as the best is totally the taco stand on the corner. It's soooooo good. Heart

Lagoon ought to just let them set up their cart and charge like a 100% additional fee for the space. That'd give us the best food in the park at $2.50 a taco, it'd give Lagoon free money, and it would give the taco cart a ton of business.
The only problem with that would be the competition with The Mexican Hat, not that it would really be the same food or anything. I know several years ago Cedar Fair and Six Flags tried doing In Park Food Truck Rallys. Cedar Fair ended up installing their own food trucks for a couple seasons and changing the menu up each year. Those have disappeared now.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(03-12-2019, 01:42 PM)linearinduction Wrote: The only problem with that would be the competition with The Mexican Hat, not that it would really be the same food or anything. I know several years ago Cedar Fair and Six Flags tried doing In Park Food Truck Rallys. Cedar Fair ended up installing their own food trucks for a couple seasons and changing the menu up each year. Those have disappeared now.

When I was working for Cedar Fair the food trucks were out on the park but now Cedar Fair has moved all their food trucks to Backstage Cedar Fair still owns them I believe they also use the food trucks at their housing and dorms for their work and travels. 
So Disney does food trucks in Downtown Disney but they're owned by independent contractors and it seems to be working out for them.
Disney also has food trucks Backstage that are owned by independent contractors it gives the cast members more options backstage then the (Inbetween cafeteria) which is owned by Magic Johnson which his food prices are ridiculous. 4 bucks for a PB&J that you can buy for a $1. At Lagoon.
Also Cowabunga Bay Las Vegas did food trucks for a while and it didn't seem to work for them. So they stopped.
Tuck, Roll, and Aim for the grass!
(03-11-2019, 08:39 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: Yeah I want Costa vida!  Sorry sid
Don't be sorry...
(03-11-2019, 08:53 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Costa Vida is only good in one way... in the trash can! Wink If I served my customers trash like that I'd lose my business!
Costa Vida is only good in one way... steak burrito smothered in red sauce with extra rice...
(03-12-2019, 04:53 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: Don't be sorry...
Costa Vida is only good in one way... steak burrito smothered in red sauce with extra rice...
Let's not talk about the foodborne illness outbreaks traced back to Costa Vida restaurants and the problems with Food Safety within their Management and Culture.....

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island