Wild Kingdom Train 2019 Update
It looks like the first section of the WK train's track and the crossing for Tidal Wave/Swingamajig are being redone. I wonder if there's any other improvements that you like to see done to the ride?
Banana
Two things:

1) The railroad nerd in me wishes they'd fix the crew training to use proper whistle signals in a couple of instances.

2) Bring back the PA system to talk about the animals seen during the trip. Rather than having a recording, have a zookeeper along to educate about the animals (what they are, where they came from, fun facts, etc.)
I'd like to see it be re-imagined somewhat. I'm a bit torn about the tunnel... I'd hate to see it go but I'd also think that a much cooler and more interesting tunnel could be created today. If Lagoon plans on keeping the animals as part of the experience for the long-term it would be cool to see new enclosures that are more natural looking and visually appealing. They could use forced perspective to make the environments look like they cover a wider area than they do
Banana
Update today
https://www.facebook.com/groups/10442819...523685492/
The guy says that they will have it done with in the next two weeks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-17-2019, 12:25 AM)DeLorean Wrote: The guy says that they will have it done with in the next two weeks

He didn't say that; he was asking if it was going to be ready in two weeks, but forgot the question mark.  Someone else answered by saying, "That's the plan".  Now, I'd be surprised if it wasn't, but nobody in there was giving any official updates or schedules.
I think it would be nice if they open the tunnel to allow for a longer view of the lagoon/lake/pond whatever you want to call it.
I wonder how many people realize that the tunnel is where the train is stored at night and fired up in the morning?

Too bad they didn't think ahead & install a door that could be opened on the lake side of the tunnel, allowing them to blow down the train first thing in the morning before driving halfway around the track & stirring up all the mud.
(03-17-2019, 03:50 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: He didn't say that; he was asking if it was going to be ready in two weeks, but forgot the question mark.  Someone else answered by saying, "That's the plan".  Now, I'd be surprised if it wasn't, but nobody in there was giving any official updates or schedules.

That was me asking if it would be open in two weeks LOL
And he was saying that's the plan

So yea... we will see shortly wont we?
Here is another view
https://app.box.com/s/dcjiei4uuxe39uzcx6la35ycb3giz64i