Website Updates - March 2019
The plugin is here and yes it is written in PHP: https://community.mybb.com/thread-162649...pid1195131

I just rolled back my changes to what it was before to fix the issues. I'll dig a little more into the other problem identified and see if I can find a solution.

Update: I'm not seeing the issues with it not marking a forum read now. Anyone else seeing this?
(03-17-2019, 11:19 PM)Willenator Wrote: Update: I'm not seeing the issues with it not marking a forum read now. Anyone else seeing this?

It looks like it's working for the moment, but it was sometimes random earlier.  Seemed like it was mainly affecting the 'Rides' forum.  I'll have to watch next time somebody replies to the Primordial thread in there & see if it's gone or still reproducible.  Let ya know.
So far so good, looks like it's all still working the way you'd expect.
Ok good to hear. I'm curious what could be causing it myself.
After a quick look at the plugin, there's (as expected) nothing that would cause this behavior. More likely there's an issue with whatever is holding the "viewed" state of each thread/post per user, which I would assume is stored locally in a cookie.

PHP is fun.
(03-18-2019, 10:24 AM)JordanM Wrote: After a quick look at the plugin, there's (as expected) nothing that would cause this behavior. More likely there's an issue with whatever is holding the "viewed" state of each thread/post per user, which I would assume is stored locally in a cookie.

PHP is fun.

Yeah; I'm trying to do a crash course in Django/AngularJS at the moment to help integrate SSO into an open source app we're using at work right now.  I'm sure it'll make sense eventually, but compared to the comfy world of PHP I've spent the last dozen years in, this stuff looks like black box-level JFM.  Of course, after dealing with Rhino & E4X...
(03-18-2019, 11:00 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Yeah; I'm trying to do a crash course in Django/AngularJS at the moment to help integrate SSO into an open source app we're using at work right now.  I'm sure it'll make sense eventually, but compared to the comfy world of PHP I've spent the last dozen years in, this stuff looks like black box-level JFM.  Of course, after dealing with Rhino & E4X...

I've been around PHP projects for while as well, and just recently switched my personal projects to Django and couldn't be happier with it. Moving to python has also helped simplify creating some of the utilities/scripts/reports I build and use on a regular basis for work.
(03-19-2019, 08:19 AM)JordanM Wrote: I've been around PHP projects for while as well, and just recently switched my personal projects to Django and couldn't be happier with it. Moving to python has also helped simplify creating some of the utilities/scripts/reports I build and use on a regular basis for work.

Yeah, getting a bit further through the course, it's kinda intriguing how simple some of the stuff is when you see it built.  I'm kinda excited to keep learning more about it... have been getting kinda bored with PHP (ironically, considering it's basically in the most mature state it's ever been in at this point with the work that php-fig has done to get PSRs out there, and especially now that I've adjusted to PhpStorm), maybe the python universe will have to be my next bit of experimentation. Wink