RMC Gwazi Confirmed (Finally)
https://www.thecoasterkings.com/tallest-...-bgt-2020/

Well all of the rumors have come true and RMC has been confirmed to be turning Gwazi into a new RMC Hybrid.

I personally like that the ride is being saved. I know there is a large group of enthusiasts who hate on RMC's and there are some who say RMC everything. I am a mix of both. I feel RMC has its place in the industry and while the never RMC'rs will say they aren't saving rides I think they are. I'd rather have a ride be given a 2nd life than completely lost. I would say most of the RMC conversions have been good candidates. Colossus at Magic Mountain even though it became a sweet looking ride, I think it should have been left alone.

Gwazi, I never had the chance to ride but it looks sweet in POV videos and it dueling is cool as well. I kind of wish it was staying a wood coaster but like I said above I'd rather something be converted than completely lost.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(03-01-2019, 06:12 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: https://www.thecoasterkings.com/tallest-...-bgt-2020/

Well all of the rumors have come true and RMC has been confirmed to be turning Gwazi into a new RMC Hybrid.

I personally like that the ride is being saved. I know there is a large group of enthusiasts who hate on RMC's and there are some who say RMC everything. I am a mix of both. I feel RMC has its place in the industry and while the never RMC'rs will say they aren't saving rides I think they are. I'd rather have a ride be given a 2nd life than completely lost. I would say most of the RMC conversions have been good candidates. Colossus at Magic Mountain even though it became a sweet looking ride, I think it should have been left alone.

Gwazi, I never had the chance to ride but it looks sweet in POV videos and it dueling is cool as well. I kind of wish it was staying a wood coaster but like I said above I'd rather something be converted than completely lost.
If anyone is surprised about this....I have some ocean front property in Arizona! lol

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(03-01-2019, 09:07 PM)linearinduction Wrote: If anyone is surprised about this....I have some ocean front property in Arizona! lol

Im not surprised. However, with GCII's annoucment at IAAPA this last year I thought their might be a slight chance they would get to rennovate their own coaster.

(03-01-2019, 10:44 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Im not surprised. However, with GCII's annoucment at IAAPA this last year I thought their might be a slight chance they would get to rennovate their own coaster.
To me it seemed too little, too late, however, that being said, we don't know if BGT sent out a bid. If there was a bidding process, GCII may have very well proposed a rennovated Gwazi to launch their "Infinity Flyers" and RMC offered a lower bid. That whole GCII Infinity Flyer Model could have been their proposal and bid for all we know.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
(03-01-2019, 10:50 PM)linearinduction Wrote: To me it seemed too little, too late, however, that being said, we don't know if BGT sent out a bid. If there was a bidding process, GCII may have very well proposed a rennovated Gwazi to launch their "Infinity Flyers" and RMC offered a lower bid. That whole GCII Infinity Flyer Model could have been their proposal and bid for all we know.

Thats true. It did resemble Gwazi.

I am very excited for this! RMC Gwazi will be one of the best coasters in the world, if not the best. Now, for the real question: Will it be better than Steel Vengeance?
Is there a date in 2020 that this will be completed by? We are going to Disney World in Aug (And it's looking like I will be driving!)
The only thing that I am disappointed about for RMC Gwazi, is the fact that it is in the appendix of the US...
(03-02-2019, 03:57 PM)DeLorean Wrote: Is there a date in 2020 that this will be completed by? We are going to Disney World in Aug (And it's looking like I will be driving!)

No confirmed date this far out. I would imagine since work has started on Gwazi already I personally think by August 2020 it should be open. Be sure to follow Midway Mayhem on YT they give regular and usually pretty good updates on the happenings at the Florida parks.

(03-02-2019, 03:12 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: I am very excited for this! RMC Gwazi will be one of the best coasters in the world, if not the best. Now, for the real question: Will it be better than Steel Vengeance?
You've been on Steel Vengeance?