Utah State Representative Proposes Amusement Ride Safety Bill....The Sequel.
(01-17-2019, 11:26 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Pretty sure that was directed at me, and you bet I did! Fortunately I spoke with management about the situation and it was addressed, just as what I witnessed on Boomerang, Air Race, and Roller Coaster this year.

I was actually talking about a different poster in this topic but you might have been there too. I'm not sure, I think the other poster speaks louder than you so I remember him more clearly. It was on Boomerang. I never would have even noticed but I was never a ride op and don't normally pay attention to that stuff.

A major point of amusement park rides is that you perceive danger even when you are completely safe. It doesn't surprise me at all that a lot of people can't tell the difference between the perception of danger and actual danger, and therefore think the ride is truly unsafe. I honestly think the rumors and misunderstandings about safety are good for amusement parks overall as long as the government doesn't shut them down. It makes you feel like you've really accomplished a daring feat when you go on that big ride.
I like dark rides

I'm against the government regulating amusement parks. Its un-needed regulation.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
Oh I forgot to mention this previously Lagoons the only Park I've worked for where you will not get in trouble or questioned for sending an empty carrier until maintenance comes up and looks at it. Unlike other Parks you actually will get in trouble for sending empty carriers. Most Parks don't care they'll still have you load the carrier until maintenance shows up. I got an operational at Cedar Point because I refused to load carrier until maintenance came and looked at it. They said there was nothing wrong with it and so management give me an operational because of that. Because I was hurting efficiency.
If it's not going to affect you in 5 years don't spend more than five minutes of your life being angry about it.
(01-17-2019, 11:26 PM)linearinduction Wrote: In my years in this industry, as Josh touched on, Lagoon's Management is Extremely Diligent concerning the Safety of Guests. If you see something, say something. Lagoon does not see "falling short" so to speak as part of any equation. They would rather address a situation immediately than just have it ignored.
Every time that I have spoken to Guest Services about an issue, the issue has always instantly been fixed. Lagoon has always been great at addressing issues instantly.
(Yesterday, 01:17 PM)CPrider Wrote: Oh I forgot to mention this previously Lagoons the only Park I've worked for where you will not get in trouble or questioned for sending an empty carrier until maintenance comes up and looks at it. Unlike other Parks you actually will get in trouble for sending empty carriers. Most Parks don't care they'll still have you load the carrier until maintenance shows up. I got an operational at Cedar Point because I refused to load carrier until maintenance came and looked at it. They said there was nothing wrong with it and so management give me an operational because of that. Because I was hurting efficiency.
Call me GP, but what is a carrier?
(Yesterday, 03:24 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: Every time that I have spoken to Guest Services about an issue, the issue has always instantly been fixed. Lagoon has always been great at addressing issues instantly.
Call me GP, but what is a carrier?
It doesn't make you a "GP" when you ask a question. Wink "Carrier" and "Vehicle" are generic terms for anything that transports guests. It can be a Train, Car, Gondola, etc.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(Yesterday, 01:17 PM)CPrider Wrote: Oh I forgot to mention this previously Lagoons the only Park I've worked for where you will not get in trouble or questioned for sending an empty carrier until maintenance comes up and looks at it. Unlike other Parks you actually will get in trouble for sending empty carriers. Most Parks don't care they'll still have you load the carrier until maintenance shows up. I got an operational at Cedar Point because I refused to load carrier until maintenance came and looked at it. They said there was nothing wrong with it and so management give me an operational because of that. Because I was hurting efficiency.
I think that you were completely right in refusing to load the carrier, because some guests that have anxiety maybe would have had a panic attack if they saw maintenance coming while they were on the train, waiting for dispatch.