Enterprise?
(12-25-2018, 11:15 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: ...I do find showing a hand-stamp for every ride is pretty annoying, especially since the general public can't even enter the park without an all-day pass...I would prefer that they find a new home for most of the animals, especially the big cats.

(12-26-2018, 01:48 AM)Willenator Wrote: Agreed! I've felt it was time for Lagoon to get rid of the handstamp for a while now.

In case you haven't heard it here before, many of the animals at the WK Train zoo are already rescue animals being taken care of because their previous owners couldn't keep them. (Couldn't afford them, had to close due to natural disaster, etc.). Is Lagoon the San Diego Zoo? No. But, the animals at Lagoon are well cared for by loving, trained staff and pass required inspections.

On the handstamps, I've had the same thought, but my understanding is that there are a significant fraction of people who enter the park via Group Sales (corporate events, etc. that rent out pavilions) who DON'T have rides included in their entrance. Hence the check is still required. (Sid, correct me if that's changed since I heard last.)
(12-26-2018, 01:48 AM)Willenator Wrote: Agreed! I've felt it was time for Lagoon to get rid of the handstamp for a while now.

2019 the year that the hand stamp ends?

(12-26-2018, 02:23 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: In case you haven't heard it here before, many of the animals at the WK Train zoo are already rescue animals being taken care of because their previous owners couldn't keep them.  (Couldn't afford them, had to close due to natural disaster, etc.).  Is Lagoon the San Diego Zoo?  No.  But, the animals at Lagoon are well cared for by loving, trained staff and pass required inspections.

On the handstamps, I've had the same thought, but my understanding is that there are a significant fraction of people who enter the park via Group Sales (corporate events, etc. that rent out pavilions) who DON'T have rides included in their entrance.  Hence the check is still required.  (Sid, correct me if that's changed since I heard last.)

(12-26-2018, 02:23 AM)DeLorean Wrote: 2019 the year that the hand stamp ends?

The end of the handstamps would be awesome. But I don't see Lagoon doing that.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(12-26-2018, 02:23 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: On the handstamps, I've had the same thought, but my understanding is that there are a significant fraction of people who enter the park via Group Sales (corporate events, etc. that rent out pavilions) who DON'T have rides included in their entrance. Hence the check is still required. (Sid, correct me if that's changed since I heard last.)

I don't think anything has changed on that aspect that I'm aware of. For those interested, you can see some of the reasons for the handstamp in this old topic: https://www.lagoonisfun.com/showthread.php?tid=5313

I just keep hoping that Lagoon will finally reach a point where the handstamp can go away or serve a different purpose. I like to ponder ways things can be done differently and try to figure out challenges to that idea. For example, I've pondered the idea of the handstamp being used for those who get on the park for an event that doesn't include rides, so it would serve a reverse purpose. Oh, you have a hand stamp? No rides for you! The problem with that is someone can just wash their stamp off. Happy
(12-26-2018, 12:07 PM)Willenator Wrote: I don't think anything has changed on that aspect that I'm aware of. For those interested, you can see some of the reasons for the handstamp in this old topic: https://www.lagoonisfun.com/showthread.php?tid=5313

I just keep hoping that Lagoon will finally reach a point where the handstamp can go away or serve a different purpose. I like to ponder ways things can be done differently and try to figure out challenges to that idea. For example, I've pondered the idea of the handstamp being used for those who get on the park for an event that doesn't include rides, so it would serve a reverse purpose. Oh, you have a hand stamp? No rides for you! The problem with that is someone can just wash their stamp off. Happy
If u are allergic to the ink of the stamp u can always do a bracelet.   Grin
(12-25-2018, 11:15 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Everybody has different opinions. I for one don't care at all about the queue sizes, and honestly think short queues are actually helpful in keeping the lines short. I do find showing a hand-stamp for every ride is pretty annoying, especially since the general public can't even enter the park without an all-day pass (I'm using the standard English version of 'general public' here, not the insider/outsider corruption of the term that some people use). I would prefer that they find a new home for most of the animals, especially the big cats.
I do like the short queues, because I would much rather look at the midway than endless switchbacks. Also, for some reason, switchbacks stress me out.

I really want Lagoon to give all of the animals larger habitats, especially that one poor tiger. I have just started to avoid that path all together because I get really sad when I see that tiger in that small area that it can't even run in.
(12-26-2018, 02:23 AM)DeLorean Wrote: ]
2019 the year that the hand stamp ends?
We can only hope.
(12-26-2018, 05:10 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: I do like the short queues, because I would much rather look at the midway than endless switchbacks. Also, for some reason, switchbacks stress me out.

I really want Lagoon to give all of the animals larger habitats, especially that one poor tiger. I have just started to avoid that path all together because I get really sad when I see that tiger in that small area that it can't even run in.

There needs to be some switch backs. Especially on Cannibal, having a line that can stretch back past Catapult is bad line management. That coaster should have had more than a simple ramp. Even Silverwood has at least one switch back per coaster, they don't need CP sized queues but they need a few switch backs on the larger rides. Lines spilling out everywhere on the midway just makes for a mess and impedes traffic flow.

Personally the zoo doesn't bother me. I know those animals are in the tip top care. It would be nice for larger enclosures but I don't see that happening. I would be in favor of removing the zoo to use the land for picnics areas around the lake.

(12-26-2018, 05:39 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I would be in favor of removing the zoo to use the land for picnics areas around the lake.
I would rather see another coaster. As for where they could send the animals, the Hogel Zoo would probably take them, or Zootah, in Logan.
(12-26-2018, 05:39 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: There needs to be some switch backs. Especially on Cannibal, having a line that can stretch back past Catapult is bad line management. That coaster should have had more than a simple ramp. Even Silverwood has at least one switch back per coaster, they don't need CP sized queues but they need a few switch backs on the larger rides. Lines spilling out everywhere on the midway just makes for a mess and impedes traffic flow.

Personally the zoo doesn't bother me. I know those animals are in the tip top care. It would be nice for larger enclosures but I don't see that happening. I would be in favor of removing the zoo to use the land for picnics areas around the lake.

I think most of the rides could use better queue lines at least of the 42 that I am able to go on without paying extra. Here are my suggestions on what I think they could do. this is if they don't move any of them or remove them which they probably will move or remove some of them.

1.Merry go round: I think they should extend the line around the ride further to the first pole clockwise from the exit.I also think they could have bigger people stand when there aren't enough seats and also put people together on the ones that hold more than one person.

2. Roller Coaster: they could extend the line into the area between the lift hill and the loading station. I also think they should move the lockers to the north and put a single rider line there.

3. Wild Mouse. I think they should put another line parallel to the current line so there could be separate lines for each car. I also think they could turn the exit so it goes to the north then turns west and put a single rider line where the exit is right now and also put some lockers on the north side of the ride near the entrance.

4. Cliffhanger: I think they should add an extension to the line on the south side of the ride.

5. Spider: I think they should extend the line to the big spider and have the line curve so it borders the Cliffhanger and the Beirgarten. I also think they should move the exit ramp so you exit to the east and then go south and have the exit ramp parallel to the entrance and redo the current exit line so it goes slightly further west then turns south and turn that into a single rider line and also put some lockers in

6. Wicked: I think they should extend the line into the area behind the sign and have it wind back and forth a couple times and also have the line slope so there wouldn't be as many stairs on the front side of the bridge. I don't think there's enough room to have it slope on the back side of the bridge. I also think they could redo the exit so it doesn't interfere with the single rider line and move the lockers to outside the line and also have the single rider line slope up so they can eliminate the stairs. 

7. Fire Dragon: I think they could have the line slope on both sides of the bridge to eliminate the stairs and also extend the line north of the current line entrance. I also think they should move the exit so you exit to the north then turn east and turn the current exit into a single rider line. 

8. Music Express: I think they should move the next group into the holding area as soon as they start the ride more often and also put single riders together. I also think they could have the line wind back and forth a couple more times. 

9. Sky Ride south station: I think they could have the line wind back and forth about 5 times between the south restrooms and the ride entrance. north station: I'm not really sure what they could do right now in its current location. 

10. Flying Aces: I think they could move the ride entrance to the east side and have the line start just north of the current ride entrance and wind back and forth about 3 times and put single riders together. 

11. Rocket: I think they could add a single rider line for both rockets in the empty space between Re entry and the entrance to the line for Re entry and  on the west side of Blast off. 

12. Samurai: I think they could add a single rider line on the west side of the ride and also put some lockers in somewhere. 

13. Screamer: I think the line's fine for now but I do think they should install some lockers. 

14. Cannibal: I think they should move the single rider line to the east side and have it start just south of the lockers and turn the current single rider line into the line for the front car and have the other line be for the back car. I also think they should redo the ramp so it goes the full length of the ride. 

15. Sky Scraper: I think they should install a single rider line to the south of the current lines or turn one of them into a single rider line. 

16. Paratrooper: I think they could extend the line around to the north side and have it wind back and forth a couple times there. I also think they should redo the loading station and have a double loading station and also put single riders together as often as they can. 

17. Boomerang: I think they should move the control panel further north and extend the line into the empty space between the line and the ride. 

18. Tilt-A-Whirl: I think they could extend the line around to the south side and have it wind back and forth a couple times there and also put people together as much as possible. 

19. Scrambler: I think they could have the line wind back and forth a couple more times and also put people together. 

20. Dracula's Castle: I think they should extend the line to the south and have it go north and south instead of east and west and also have it be a double line so there can be 2 loading stations with a separate line for each one and also put people together. 

21. Terroride: I think they could move the Beavertails to somewhere else and put another line there and have a double loading station with a separate line for each and also put people together. 

22. Rock O Plane: I think they should have both the entrance and exit lines wind back and forth a couple times so they're not as steep. I also think they could sometimes put people together. For example: if there's a person in line with 2 kids that both require a bigger person to ride with them and they don't have another person to ride with them they could have them wait until there's a single rider and have one of their kids go with them. 

23. Wild Kingdom Train: I think they should remove both exits and have the line wind back and forth a couple times where the south exit is currently. I also think they could move the building to the west  so it's directly under the Sky Ride. I also think they could move the track near the station slightly to the west and have it where people can line up near the section they want before the train comes back and also have  the exit on the other side of the train  so the next group can enter as the one group is leaving. 

24. Tidal Wave: I think they should extend the line and have it wind back and forth a couple times between the main part of the line and the ride entrance so it's not as steep. 

25. Turn of the Century: I think they should turn the line so it goes parallel to the ride instead of perpendicular and also have it slope so they can get rid of the stairs. 

26. Rattlesnake Rapids: I think they should have the line slope down as soon as it crosses the bridge and put a single rider line to the left of the current line. I also think they should put a fence between the entrance and exit lines and also put some lockers near the line entrance. 

27. Log Flume: I think they should redo the line so there is a separate line for each log and also put a single rider line in and also add some lockers. 

28. Puff The Little Fire Dragon: I don't think there's much room to extend the line but I think they could pair single riders up more like 2 kids or a kid and a bigger person. 

29. Dragonfly: I think they should move the line to the southwest corner of the ride and move the controls to the south side. 

30. Kontiki: I think they could switch the entrance and exit lines and turn the current entrance line for Dragonfly into the entrance line for Kontiki and have it wind 1 more time. 

31. Ladybug Bop: I think they should add an extension to the line to the north of the current line and also extend the line slightly west. 

32. Dinosaur Drop: I think they could switch the entrance and exit and have the entrance go between the Moonraker and the Dinosaur Drop. 

33. Bombora: I think they should move the lockers to the north side of the ride and also turn the end of the exit so it goes to the east instead of to the west and also have the line start where the lockers are currently and have it wind back and forth a couple times. I also think they could have the line slope so there would be fewer stairs and have the the line split near where the bottom of the stairs currently is and have a single rider line on the left side. 

34. Bat: I think they could add a single rider line on the north side. 

35. Jumping Dragon: I think they should switch the entrance and exit and have the entrance line go through the dragon on the north side and also pair people up. 

36. Red Rock Rally: I think they could have the line wind back and forth a couple times to the south of the entrance and also pair people up whenever possible like 2 kids or a kid and a bigger person. 

37. Flying Tigers: I think they should extend the line around to the front and also fill the ride up more like if the next person in line is a bigger person and at least one of the planes has the back seat empty I think they should let them on. 

38. Ruka Safari: I think the line is fine as it is but I think they should fill up the ride better like I suggested for Flying Tigers and also put an umbrella over the ride for when it's really hot or when it rains. 

39. Tipsey Tea Cups I think they could extend the line further around the ride and also put small group together and put single riders with a group that has room. 

40. Oddysea: I think they could extend the line further around the line and also put riders together more often and maybe add some lockers. 

41. Air Race:  I think they should redo the line so it winds back and forth 3 times. 

42. Jet Star: I think they should move the lockers to the south side of the ride and put a single rider line where the lockers currently are.
I'll be honest. I didn't read all of your ideas, but the ones I did seem thought out. There are a few that don't need longer lines as with Rocket, Fire Dragon and Wild Mouse. They have decent queues. Not every ride at Lagoon needs a huge queue and there isn't the room to do so on most of them anyway.