Lagoon's Emails
(12-13-2018, 02:43 PM)Lennox Wrote: I've lurked here for years and finally decided to set up an account to chime in on this.  I love pretty much every roller coaster I've been on, ANYWHERE--with the exception of Wicked.  The beginning is fun, but the second it starts turning, it rattles so much it feels like it's hitting my brain against the inside of my skull.  I HATE it.  I've always prided myself on being unaffected by rides my whole life, but this is the one I just avoid like the plague now.  I'd be very interested to hear what your strategy for enjoying it is and if anyone else notices the excessive vibration/jerking.

Welcome long time lurker!  Laugh

You should have rode Wicked within the first 2 years. It was awesome...smooth as glass. The line also usually extended east, around the corner toward Dragon. Sadly, those days seem to be gone.
(12-13-2018, 11:14 PM)gregwibert Wrote: Welcome long time lurker! 

You should have rode Wicked within the first 2 years. It was awesome...smooth as glass. The line also usually extended east, around the corner toward Dragon. Sadly, those days seem to be gone.
Wicked was never "Millennium Force Smooth," thanks to ZIERER/Stengel and their absolutely abhorrent track segment joints. Really difficult to comprehend that Wicked's track segments were fabricated on the same machinery, in the same factory, and by the same company as Millennium Force's track segments. It's completely ridiculous that ZIERER/Stengel didn't fix those problems in the design and engineering of Impulse at Knoebel's.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(12-14-2018, 12:49 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Wicked was never "Millennium Force Smooth," thanks to ZIERER/Stengel and their absolutely abhorrent track segment joints. Really difficult to comprehend that Wicked's track segments were fabricated on the same machinery, in the same factory, and by the same company as Millennium Force's track segments. It's completely ridiculous that ZIERER/Stengel didn't fix those problems in the design and engineering of Impulse at Knoebel's.

Oh yeah that's for sure but Cedar Point is absolutely in a whole different playing field than Lagoon.  Laugh
(12-14-2018, 10:13 AM)gregwibert Wrote: Oh yeah that's for sure but Cedar Point is absolutely in a whole different playing field than Lagoon. 
You are absolutely right! Cedar Point may have Cedar Downs, MaXair, SkyHawk, Millennium Force, Raptor, Gemini, Magnum, and Troika, Troika, Troika, but they most certainly don't have anything in the ball park like Cannibal or Fire Dragon. I really missed Fire Dragon when I was working at the Point.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
(12-14-2018, 12:45 PM)linearinduction Wrote: You are absolutely right! Cedar Point may have Cedar Downs, MaXair, SkyHawk, Millennium Force, Raptor, Gemini, Magnum, and Troika, Troika, Troika, but they most certainly don't have anything in the ball park like Cannibal or Fire Dragon. I really missed Fire Dragon when I was working at the Point.

All cedar fair parks and six flags parks are different from lagoon. It is hard to compare them. Really, the only parks out there that are like lagoon are non corporate parks.
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
I've heard knotts is similar to lagoon
(12-14-2018, 08:50 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: I've heard knotts is similar to lagoon
Lagoon is bigger by about 100 acres.

(12-14-2018, 08:50 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: I've heard knotts is similar to lagoon

You should go and judge for yourself. Knotts is open year round.
(12-15-2018, 07:51 PM)gregwibert Wrote: You should go and judge for yourself. Knotts is open year round.
Yes, Shane should! A Knott's Season Pass is only like $99.00. Back in 1995, I would say Knott's and Lagoon felt very similar, and were similar in size as well. Since the removal of Whacky Soap Box Racers it does not feel very similar at all, and a Visit during Haunt makes the differences more stark in contrast.

(12-14-2018, 08:50 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: I've heard knotts is similar to lagoon

Yeah back in like 1995 lol
Tuck, Roll, and Aim for the grass!