Coaster Studios RANT
(12-09-2018, 11:22 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Well, where to start with Mr. Coaster Studios.......

I was introduced to him this past spring, shook his hand....was like shaking a limp fish. He also really likes talking about himself and using conjecture not based remotely in reality or facts. A friend of his also has delusions of grandeur.

Lagoon has never been a giant scare zone, nor should it. Taylor, nor his friend, have a knowledge of the History and evolution of Frightmares. There's only a handful of parks where the "free for all" haunt event works.... Knott's and Universal Parks. He's more than likely completely unaware that in 2007, Cedar Fair decided to try a Knott's Scary Farm/Haunt Model at Kings Island. They had a Family Friendly Daytime Haunt Event, like Knott's, closed the park, and re- opened with a PG-13 Haunt Event later, like Knott's. The costumes and live entertainment were edgy, racey, and not family friendly. Cedar Fair tried it for 2 Years and went back to an All Family Friendly Haunt Event.

Taylor is the epitome of an EnthusiASSt. Give me free stuff or I will write negative stuff about you. He's not very bright when it comes to riding Spider once, not spinning much, claiming the brakes that control the spinning are on too strong, and says it's tame. I've ridden Spider hundreds of times, and only a handful of times in a season or so do I get a crazy spinning ride. The other rides are in no way less enjoyable. He can't appreciate any nuances, unless he's paid to.

One thing I've always LOVED about Lagoon is that regardless of Enthusiast Groups visiting Lagoon, they must all follow the same rules as regular guests and regular guests are in no way inconvenienced by their visit. Lagoon doesn't give him free stuff. Boo hoo hoo! I loved how Cedar Point's management used to appear to cater to the EnthusiASSt community only for the free marketing from them. There was a "grin and bear it" attitude and bs when dealing with them. Dick Kinzel and the rest of management had nick names they called specific enthusiASSts thry called them behind their backs. I had a very interesting encounter in line for Millennium Force where a card carrying member of American Coaster EnthusiASSts, Ohio Coaster Club, and European Coaster Club was telling someone in line that MF was 410 feet tall and went over 100mph, and was all talking like he was this expert. The Park Orientation Test at Cedar Point included learning the stats of MF, including every world record it broke. The poor guy who was getting told this was not buying it, so I interrupted and set the record straight. He pulled out his coaster club membership cards and made a fool of himself! lol I knew most of the MF 2001 Crew well, so I had my friends set him straight when he tried to argue with me. lol I had to deal with too many idiots from coaster sites that summer because of VertiGo and I wasn't putting up with it off duty. lol

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Best post of the year in my opinion! lol
(12-09-2018, 11:36 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: My wife gets after me in line if I correct people. So I try really hard not to.
Time for a divorve! *joke*
(12-09-2018, 11:36 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: My wife gets after me in line if I correct people. So I try really hard not to. When I wait in line for Cannibal for example and here people claim all kinds of misinformation it drives me nuts. My wife and I had a substantial wait for Timber Terror and next to us we got stuck to a GP who thought he knew everything about coasters at Silverwood and all over the country. I sat there and listened and nodded my head. My wife said she could see in my face it was killing me lol.
I enjoy listening and laughing later. lol

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(12-09-2018, 11:36 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: My wife gets after me in line if I correct people. So I try really hard not to. When I wait in line for Cannibal for example and here people claim all kinds of misinformation it drives me nuts. My wife and I had a substantial wait for Timber Terror and next to us we got stuck to a GP who thought he knew everything about coasters at Silverwood and all over the country. I sat there and listened and nodded my head. My wife said she could see in my face it was killing me lol.

So can you tell me why there is no waterfall on Wicked?
I noticed that the sign showed a water fall, but I don' think that I ever saw it working
(12-10-2018, 12:43 AM)DeLorean Wrote: So can you tell me why there is no waterfall on Wicked?
I noticed that the sign showed a water fall, but I don' think that I ever saw it working
Because the Water Curtain just put more water in the Trench than the Sub Pump could handle. I mean, it was bad enough when the Sub Pump wasn't running.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
I'm glad when people make videos about what they like and put them on Youtube, as long as they get to the point and don't blather on about nothing. The Coaster Studios videos I've seen seem fine.
I like dark rides

I also forgot to mention that the "Free Parking, Free Sunscreen, Free Soda" model used by Holiday World are a Gimmick. Everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE then pays for those items, regardless of use, in Ticket and Food and Beverage Prices. Most parks, like Lagoon, don't use those gimmicks, as only those using the parking lot pay for that, not everyone. Lagoon can also offer better and more discounts on admission when they aren't trying to cover "Gimmick" expenses. There will come a time when Holiday World, like Lake Compounce, will have to discontinue their "Free Soda" gimmick, and the blowback will be a PR Nightmare. The profit margins on Soda is also insane, so not taking advantage of that is like throwing $100 bills in a fireplace.

Lol I went to Idaho with Taylor and let's just say the RMC guys wanted to kill him. The marketing director of Silverwood wanted to kill him. Lol then I didn't want to ride back with him and the other person he was with so I caught a flight out of Spokane (spent the night at the airport because I didn't want to stay in the hotel with them) to Los Angeles so I wouldn't have to sit in the car with them back to Utah.
On the bright side I got upgraded to first class and let's just say I was pretty drunk on local Brews from Seattle. That was the best part about that trip.
Also he bitched about a $5 chicken basket at silverwoods that we got a discount on even.
(12-10-2018, 01:01 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: I'm glad when people make videos about what they like and put them on Youtube, as long as they get to the point and don't blather on about nothing. The Coaster Studios videos I've seen seem fine.

I'd say a majority of his videos are ok. He is just off when discussing Lagoon. His Coaster parody videos can be funny but his Lagoon Roller Coaster one is based on that the coasters name is Roller Coaster and it was eh at best lol.

(12-10-2018, 02:06 AM)CPrider Wrote: Lol I went to Idaho with Taylor and let's just say the RMC guys wanted to kill him. The marketing director of Silverwood wanted to kill him. Lol then I didn't want to ride back with him and the other person he was with so I caught a flight out of Spokane (spent the night at the airport because I didn't want to stay in the hotel with them) to Los Angeles so I wouldn't have to sit in the car with them back to Utah.
On the bright side I got upgraded to first class and let's just say I was pretty drunk on local Brews from Seattle. That was the best part about that trip.
Also he bitched about a $5 chicken basket at silverwoods that we got a discount on even.

LOL. That's pretty funny. The food at Silverwood is good and the prices aren't bad. Is the other person the goober that is his Lagoon "expert"?
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West

I do that all the time!  I was at lagoon once, and some kid was being asked what the spider was(By another GP) And this was the kids response!
"It is where you spin around in circles, while being on top of the coaster." It was the least informative thing he could have said. I wanted to walk up to this kid and tell him to say what the spider really was, but my older brother told me not to bother. I feel your pain.....
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
(12-10-2018, 02:06 AM)CPrider Wrote: Lol I went to Idaho with Taylor and let's just say the RMC guys wanted to kill him. The marketing director of Silverwood wanted to kill him. Lol then I didn't want to ride back with him and the other person he was with so I caught a flight out of Spokane (spent the night at the airport because I didn't want to stay in the hotel with them) to Los Angeles so I wouldn't have to sit in the car with them back to Utah.

I live in Eastern Idaho and have gone to lagoon way more times than Silverwood. So my home park is not even the park in my state. Off topic sorry.

That sounds so annoying! I used to love his video's, but realized his facts were not very good, and he judges people for being protective of their home parks when he is over the top about his home Park, KD. Also, Silverwood has great prices!
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.