Coaster Studios RANT
(12-09-2018, 01:20 AM)Lagoon Lover Wrote:  I just realized that a-lot of sources I get my info from are from Coaster Studios. I have watched some of his videos, but I feel like he judges lagoon a little to harshly, especially when it comes to Frightmares. What can I say? OF course I am going to be protective of my home park!

Anyways, Steel Curtain is going to be a nice fit for the park. Not that if I end up going I will get to ride it. The lines will be worse than ever. Thanks for the update.

(12-09-2018, 01:24 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: He judges l
Lagoon too harshly and acts like he is a Lagoon expert. Most of his videos are decent but his Lagoon videos bug me.

(12-09-2018, 01:27 AM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: PHHEEWW! I thought that was the only one who thought that! When he talks about "No thrill rides almost at all" or "Frightmares is only medicore without scare zones even though I did no research, and if I knew about Séance, or the fact that the park was a scare zone I might have different thoughts!" Okay, rant over. Of course, like I said, we are going to be biased because we know it better. But the fact that it is our home park means we know more than he does, so we have a right to judge his lagoon videos!!!!! AHHHhh

(12-09-2018, 12:54 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: Although, now that he is going to school in Utah (I got really bored one day and was looking at his Twitter, and he has a very... interesting professor) , that has made Lagoon his home park, so, he should start to learn a bit more about how the park operates and the style of ownership. Also, I would argue that scare zones would never happen, because of all the families that go to the park, which, if one of the scare actors/actresses/(Whatever the Gender Neutral term is) scared the little kids, they might try to sue the park for emotional distress.

Also, I am transferring the posts about Coaster Studios to a new thread called “Coaster Studios Rant”

(12-09-2018, 01:44 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: Still, if it was his home park, he would know more about it. If he researched more, then he would realize that the whole park used to be a scare zone. And if he did more than just go, and then just do things instead of look around, he would find Séance, which was the best thing at Frightmares, which would probably change his review. I know that scare zones are not coming to lagoon besides the PV one, which he gave up one after one year, and it is actually better this year. And he does judge the park unfairly, the park has a large amount of thrill rides, sure, not as many as a Six Flags park, or Canada's wonderland, but it has more than he says. Also, he talks about the parks coasters besides Wicked, Cannibal, and Colossus are all "Family or Kids rides!" The Spider is not a kids ride! Besides, Lagoon is a family park! Okay, NOW rant is over.

Thought these posts deserved their own thread.

I wasn't able to quote these posts and put them in their own thread because of a strange glitch with quoting.
There's really no nice way to put it he's cheap he likes free stuff and when Parks don't give him free stuff he criticizes them. He also expects everything free at parks. He's cheap he's truly truly cheap. Oh and then he judges you if you're not Mormon.
(12-09-2018, 04:16 PM)CPrider Wrote: There's really no nice way to put it he's cheap he likes free stuff and when Parks don't give him free stuff he criticizes them. He also expects everything free at parks. He's cheap he's truly truly cheap. Oh and then he judges you if you're not Mormon.

Well it's time to start building up my You tube channel!

Actually I am working on doing so now... I want to do an engine swap in my DeLorean and gear it up to take it out to the drag race track.

Should be a fun year next year!
(12-09-2018, 04:37 PM)DeLorean Wrote: Well it's time to start building up my You tube channel!

Actually I am working on doing so now... I want to do an engine swap in my DeLorean and gear it up to take it out to the drag race track.

Okay dude you got to show me your DeLorean I've always wanted to ride in one.
(12-09-2018, 04:37 PM)DeLorean Wrote: Well it's time to start building up my You tube channel!

That sounds fun!
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
(12-09-2018, 04:16 PM)CPrider Wrote: There's really no nice way to put it he's cheap he likes free stuff and when Parks don't give him free stuff he criticizes them. He also expects everything free at parks. He's cheap he's truly truly cheap.
Just look at his Holiday World review... he loves that park just because of the free sunscreen and free soda. (I do remember that he liked the free parking, but it is worked into your entry cost, and I do think that every park should decide to do that)

Delorians are sweet. It would be cool to see one on a drag race.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(12-09-2018, 04:16 PM)CPrider Wrote: There's really no nice way to put it he's cheap he likes free stuff and when Parks don't give him free stuff he criticizes them. He also expects everything free at parks. He's cheap he's truly truly cheap. Oh and then he judges you if you're not Mormon.

I didn't pick up on that part of his channel but now that you mention it it makes sense. I guess when your only income stream is from YouTube you'd have to cut costs anyway ya can, but to criticize parks for not giving ya free stuff is ridiculous.

Well, where to start with Mr. Coaster Studios.......

I was introduced to him this past spring, shook his hand....was like shaking a limp fish. He also really likes talking about himself and using conjecture not based remotely in reality or facts. A friend of his also has delusions of grandeur.

Lagoon has never been a giant scare zone, nor should it. Taylor, nor his friend, have a knowledge of the History and evolution of Frightmares. There's only a handful of parks where the "free for all" haunt event works.... Knott's and Universal Parks. He's more than likely completely unaware that in 2007, Cedar Fair decided to try a Knott's Scary Farm/Haunt Model at Kings Island. They had a Family Friendly Daytime Haunt Event, like Knott's, closed the park, and re- opened with a PG-13 Haunt Event later, like Knott's. The costumes and live entertainment were edgy, racey, and not family friendly. Cedar Fair tried it for 2 Years and went back to an All Family Friendly Haunt Event.

Taylor is the epitome of an EnthusiASSt. Give me free stuff or I will write negative stuff about you. He's not very bright when it comes to riding Spider once, not spinning much, claiming the brakes that control the spinning are on too strong, and says it's tame. I've ridden Spider hundreds of times, and only a handful of times in a season or so do I get a crazy spinning ride. The other rides are in no way less enjoyable. He can't appreciate any nuances, unless he's paid to.

One thing I've always LOVED about Lagoon is that regardless of Enthusiast Groups visiting Lagoon, they must all follow the same rules as regular guests and regular guests are in no way inconvenienced by their visit. Lagoon doesn't give him free stuff. Boo hoo hoo! I loved how Cedar Point's management used to appear to cater to the EnthusiASSt community only for the free marketing from them. There was a "grin and bear it" attitude and bs when dealing with them. Dick Kinzel and the rest of management had nick names they called specific enthusiASSts thry called them behind their backs. I had a very interesting encounter in line for Millennium Force where a card carrying member of American Coaster EnthusiASSts, Ohio Coaster Club, and European Coaster Club was telling someone in line that MF was 410 feet tall and went over 100mph, and was all talking like he was this expert. The Park Orientation Test at Cedar Point included learning the stats of MF, including every world record it broke. The poor guy who was getting told this was not buying it, so I interrupted and set the record straight. He pulled out his coaster club membership cards and made a fool of himself! lol I knew most of the MF 2001 Crew well, so I had my friends set him straight when he tried to argue with me. lol I had to deal with too many idiots from coaster sites that summer because of VertiGo and I wasn't putting up with it off duty. lol

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(12-09-2018, 11:22 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Well, where to start with Mr. Coaster Studios.......

I was introduced to him this past spring, shook his hand....was like shaking a limp fish. He also really likes talking about himself and using conjecture not based remotely in reality or facts. A friend of his also has delusions of grandeur.

Lagoon has never been a giant scare zone, nor should it. Taylor, nor his friend, have a knowledge of the History and evolution of Frightmares. There's only a handful of parks where the "free for all" haunt event works.... Knott's and Universal Parks. He's more than likely completely unaware that in 2007, Cedar Fair decided to try a Knott's Scary Farm/Haunt Model at Kings Island. They had a Family Friendly Daytime Haunt Event, like Knott's, closed the park, and re- opened with a PG-13 Haunt Event later, like Knott's. The costumes and live entertainment were edgy, racey, and not family friendly. Cedar Fair tried it for 2 Years and went back to an All Family Friendly Haunt Event.

Taylor is the epitome of an EnthusiASSt. Give me free stuff or I will write negative stuff about you. He's not very bright when it comes to riding Spider once, not spinning much, claiming the brakes that control the spinning are on too strong, and says it's tame. I've ridden Spider hundreds of times, and only a handful of times in a season or so do I get a crazy spinning ride. The other rides are in no way less enjoyable. He can't appreciate any nuances, unless he's paid to.

One thing I've always LOVED about Lagoon is that regardless of Enthusiast Groups visiting Lagoon, they must all follow the same rules as regular guests and regular guests are in no way inconvenienced by their visit. Lagoon doesn't give him free stuff. Boo hoo hoo! I loved how Cedar Point's management used to appear to cater to the EnthusiASSt community only for the free marketing from them. There was a "grin and bear it" attitude and bs when dealing with them. Dick Kinzel and the rest of management had nick names they called specific enthusiASSts thry called them behind their backs. I had a very interesting encounter in line for Millennium Force where a card carrying member of American Coaster EnthusiASSts, Ohio Coaster Club, and European Coaster Club was telling someone in line that MF was 410 feet tall and went over 100mph, and was all talking like he was this expert. The Park Orientation Test at Cedar Point included learning the stats of MF, including every world record it broke. The poor guy who was getting told this was not buying it, so I interrupted and set the record straight. He pulled out his coaster club membership cards and made a fool of himself! lol I knew most of the MF 2001 Crew well, so I had my friends set him straight when he tried to argue with me. lol I had to deal with too many idiots from coaster sites that summer because of VertiGo and I wasn't putting up with it off duty. lol

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

My wife gets after me in line if I correct people. So I try really hard not to. When I wait in line for Cannibal for example and here people claim all kinds of misinformation it drives me nuts. My wife and I had a substantial wait for Timber Terror and next to us we got stuck to a GP who thought he knew everything about coasters at Silverwood and all over the country. I sat there and listened and nodded my head. My wife said she could see in my face it was killing me lol.