Lagoon News Holiday Pricing
(12-02-2018, 03:33 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: There's always the Station Park trick for those not wanting to pay for Lagoon's parking.
Which works great if ya don't have little kids lol.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(12-02-2018, 04:57 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Which works great if ya don't have little kids lol.

Ian u can still  make it work with a bit of effort
(12-02-2018, 08:39 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: Ian u can still  make it work with a bit of effort

Oh I have lol. That's why I park at the park lol
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(12-02-2018, 02:03 PM)Willenator Wrote: I think this is the first year that I've seen the season parking pass go up after the Black Friday pricing for season passes.

WAIT?!?! I don't see any increase in the price... They where $62 on the black Friday prices and the website is still showing $62
Lagoon has got to make a boat load of money on parking one way or another... Maybe they are looking to save up to build a parking structure?
Speaking of holidays at lagoon, what ever happened to Christmas Town? Or whatever it was called. What was it like? Why did it stop.
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
(12-02-2018, 10:02 PM)DeLorean Wrote: WAIT?!?! I don't see any increase in the price... They where $62 on the black Friday prices and the website is still showing $62
Lagoon has got to make a boat load of money on parking one way or another... Maybe they are looking to save up to build a parking structure?

It was definitely $60 last time I looked before Black Friday, so unless they INCREASED the price for Black Friday... that's strange.

You made me curious.

I counted.  By hand.

Excluding accessible parking and premium paid parking near the ticket booths, Lagoon has approximately 2,350 paved parking spaces (give or take a few where a tree was blocking the view).  Even if you don't include overflow, even given just an 80% capacity day in the paved lots (which looks to be a good guess for the average summer evening based on my anecdotal experience the last few times I went), that's a potential of over $20,000 in revenue (assuming 100% of the vehicles paid the $12 regular parking).  Obviously, I'm sure it's nowhere near that number of vehicles who actually pay the regular parking price.  Now I'm curious what the fraction of visitors who use a season parking pass is.  Heck, even if fully half of the vehicles parked on a typical day had season parking, that's still possibly upwards of $10,000/day in revenue, just from parking.

In my next life, remind me to run a parking lot...
Maybe you should have purchased property next to lagoon charging less for parking to undercut lagoon just a little... Even with running a shuttle you could come off well
(12-02-2018, 10:57 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: It was definitely $60 last time I looked before Black Friday, so unless they INCREASED the price for Black Friday... that's strange.

You made me curious.

I counted.  By hand.

Excluding accessible parking and premium paid parking near the ticket booths, Lagoon has approximately 2,350 paved parking spaces (give or take a few where a tree was blocking the view).  Even if you don't include overflow, even given just an 80% capacity day in the paved lots (which looks to be a good guess for the average summer evening based on my anecdotal experience the last few times I went), that's a potential of over $20,000 in revenue (assuming 100% of the vehicles paid the $12 regular parking).  Obviously, I'm sure it's nowhere near that number of vehicles who actually pay the regular parking price.  Now I'm curious what the fraction of visitors who use a season parking pass is.  Heck, even if fully half of the vehicles parked on a typical day had season parking, that's still possibly upwards of $10,000/day in revenue, just from parking.

In my next life, remind me to run a parking lot...
I believe Lagoon has Parking for approximately 6,000 Vehicles. Back when I worked there, there were approximately 5,000.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(12-02-2018, 11:07 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I believe Lagoon has Parking for approximately 6,000 Vehicles. Back when I worked there, there were approximately 5,000.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Is that including overflow?  My count was just paved spaces in the main lots.
(12-02-2018, 11:10 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Is that including overflow?  My count was just paved spaces in the main lots.
I believe that with the overflow added, it would still be around that number, maybe 6500. I always get a parking pass, it is a pain coming to lagoon and then remembering I have to pay parking. There goes my dirty soda from swig.
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.