Unnecessary Banning
So, I always check the "Newest User" tab on the homepage, and I have noticed that some users have been banned even if they haven't posted ANYTHING!
(11-25-2018, 01:50 AM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: So, I always check the "Newest User" tab on the homepage, and I have noticed that some users have been banned even if they haven't posted ANYTHING!
There are these things called Bots, they will find adbots and spambots and automatically ban them by checking databases. The more traffic this site gets, the more adbots and spambots try to join. Some get through from time to time however. It is much easier than when we had to manually ban adbots and spambots. That was like a full time job on here. lol

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I check the email addresses of every new member sign up against the StopForumSpam.com database. I ban any new member that is a known spammer on other forums. This keeps spam off this forum before it even starts, so I would call it necessary banning. Tongue
(11-25-2018, 05:22 PM)Willenator Wrote: I check the email addresses of every new member sign up against the StopForumSpam.com database. I ban any new member that is a known spammer on other forums. This keeps spam off this forum before it even starts, so I would call it necessary banning. Tongue
I noticed some new people being banned to and was wondering about it, but that makes sense. How many people log into this website just to spam anyways?
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
(11-26-2018, 10:29 AM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: I noticed some new people being banned to and was wondering about it, but that makes sense. How many people log into this website just to spam anyways?
Well, you, for one. LOL J/K

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
(11-26-2018, 01:11 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Well, you, for one. LOL J/K

Ha Ha? You make the oddest jokes. I like them. Also, were is everyone getting these giant emoji's?
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
(11-26-2018, 09:50 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: Ha Ha? You make the oddest jokes. I like them. Also, were is everyone getting these giant emoji's?
Uhhhh, I just use the Emojis on my phone in Tapatalk.