Discourse Amongst the Troops
(11-25-2018, 04:22 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: Okay, I'm sorry, but it really bothers me when you correct me. If you can stop correcting me, then I will never send you a PM again.
That's still no excuse to attack my sexuality or nationality for that matter.

I like facts and statistics, as anyone on here can attest to. It's probably the accuracy that was inbeded by Lagoon.

Vekoma and B&M have elements called "Cobra Rolls" and the exact same element on Arrow coasters are called "Batwings." You wouldn't say that Raptor at Cedar Point has a "Batwing" and you certainly wouldn't hear an op on spiel saying as much either. A "Corkscrew" to you is actually a "Wing Over" on B&M Inverted Coasters and a "Flat Spin" on their Sit Down Coasters.

Likewise, Lagoon officially calls the first Inversion on Cannibal an "Inverted Loop" and is an Immelmann Type Loop, but experiencing it, there's few similarities to an Immelmann Loop. In an Immeann Loop, the roll off the top has you diving down at a much shallower angle. In Cannibal's Inverted Loop, the roll off the top includes a nearly vertical dive. Likewise, there's no similarities between the Top Hat on Top Thrill Dragster and the Launch Tower on Wicked. Totally different forces. We actually called it a "Top Hat" until we learned it's proper name was a Launch Tower.

As I've explained many times, it's not some sort of personal attack on you, just a minor correction to keep the conversation clear and on topic. It's not as if I'm some how attacking your ancestors or something offensive like that.

I still do not see how homophobic remarks towards me were warranted or appropriate in any case. You might not be aware of this, but Utah has the Highest Rate of Teen Suicide in the Country, and a large majority of those teens are LGBTQ. You have no comprehension of how your homophobic remarks could hurt someone, especially not knowing me personally. You should really take a step back and look at your behavior. If you that, I will sincerely accept your apology (with the ", but").

On my part, I will try to sound less abrasive in tone.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(11-25-2018, 05:08 PM)Willenator Wrote: That's not how this works. Harassing other members via the PM system is not tolerated. This is the second offense. I've handed out a 30-day ban for this. Many of us don't always agree on this forum, but we try to keep it mostly civil.

I also have a reminder to more established members of this forum that not everyone that uses this site has the same level of knowledge that some of you do. Please try to be more understanding of newer members even if they are a little stubborn. I haven't exactly been thrilled with some of the responses I've seen written in response to DaSpanishPotato. I do expect better from those of you who have used my site longer.
Will, it is my humble opinion that the 30 day ban is too harsh. I hope he will read my response to his apology and we can all learn and move forward. A 30 day ban seems like he/she won't be able to show they have learned and can become a welcomed member of our community. I think the point has been made.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(11-25-2018, 05:31 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Will, it is my humble opinion that the 30 day ban is too harsh. I hope he will read my response to his apology and we can all learn and move forward. A 30 day ban seems like he/she won't be able to show they have learned and can become a welcomed member of our community. I think the point has been made.

Ok. Since you were the target of the offense and think the point has been made, I will lift the temporary ban.