Discourse Amongst the Troops
At which point do we reach harassment regarding someone's sexuality?

I received this in a PM:

DaSpanishPotato Wrote:Your "fairly certain" is actually quite misplaced, as I did know the difference between an Immelmann and an Immelmann Turn. Also, I do read the ride descriptions, AND I don't need person who is presumably very high on estrogen telling me every little thing.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Enough already potato. I don't know what you're trying to accomplish on this site. This is a place for discussion and sharing of a common interest. STOP poking the members of this forum with your stick.
Just wanted to make it clear that I did not post this to "gang up" on Potato, just that the Sexual Harassment has finally gotten out of control. I would like to think that Potato has something to add to discussions, but it seems like these personal attacks on my sexuality is becoming just too increasingly common. I was also unable to forward the PM to Will, as "Willinator" does not exist as a recipient.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
(11-25-2018, 01:19 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Just wanted to make it clear that I did not post this to "gang up" on Potato, just that the Sexual Harassment has finally gotten out of control. I would like to think that Potato has something to add to discussions, but it seems like these personal attacks on my sexuality is becoming just too increasingly common. I was also unable to forward the PM to Will, as "Willinator" does not exist as a recipient.

I didn't think you did. Just in the five or so years I've been on here I've never seen anyone act like this.
(11-25-2018, 01:19 AM)linearinduction Wrote: I was also unable to forward the PM to Will, as "Willinator" does not exist as a recipient.

Not sure if you had a typo in this post, but just in case, his username is "Willenator".

Oh, and also... what the bloody hell?!  Differences of opinion is one thing, but that's indefensible behavior.
(11-25-2018, 01:28 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: Not sure if you had a typo in this post, but just in case, his username is "Willenator".

Oh, and also... what the bloody hell?!  Differences of opinion is one thing, but that's indefensible behavior.
Yeah, just a typo. It (the PM System) let's me select "Willenator" as the recipient, but when I hit send, tells me the recipient doesn't exist.

(11-25-2018, 01:44 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Yeah, just a typo. It (the PM System) let's me select will "Willenator" as the recipient, but when I hit send, tells me the recipient doesn't exist.

Gotcha.  How strange!  I was just able to send him a new PM without incident; must be some bug in the PM forwarding system.
That is certainly out of line. Seems like the type of thing that might constitute a warning but I don't know what the rules are around here. I do know that you can ignore a member's PM's by going to UserCP up there^ then to Buddy/Ignore List over there<

I'm reminded why I consider myself GP and not an enthusiast. The upside-down parts on a roller coaster are all just loop de loops to me. Life is simple and sweet.
I like dark rides and I love tacos

(11-25-2018, 12:49 AM)linearinduction Wrote: At which point do we reach harassment regarding someone's sexuality?

Okay, I'm sorry, but it really bothers me when you correct me. If you can stop correcting me, then I will never send you a PM again.
(11-25-2018, 04:22 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: Okay, I'm sorry, but it really bothers me when you correct me. If you can stop correcting me, then I will never send you a PM again.

That's not how this works. Harassing other members via the PM system is not tolerated. This is the second offense. I've handed out a 30-day ban for this. Many of us don't always agree on this forum, but we try to keep it mostly civil.

I also have a reminder to more established members of this forum that not everyone that uses this site has the same level of knowledge that some of you do. Please try to be more understanding of newer members even if they are a little stubborn. I haven't exactly been thrilled with some of the responses I've seen written in response to DaSpanishPotato. I do expect better from those of you who have used my site longer.