New ride that would be awesome!
(11-24-2018, 12:54 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: They also have the capability, funds and partners to replace it with Jet Star 202X, a custom in-house LIM propelled spiritual successor to JS2 with better inline seating, bigger safety envelopes and smoother brakes. I realize they probably won't, but I'd like to see it. Has a spiral launch ever been done?
Technically the Backlot Stunt Coasters have one, even if a Launch into a spiral. Also, LSMs are a heck-of-a-lot more efficient.

(11-24-2018, 01:44 AM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: Not that I am aware of, but I'm sure that it could be done, especially since Copperhead Strike, at Carowinds will have an airtime hill within a launch. Honestly, if Lagoon could install a magnetic brake system on JS2, it would likely have a higher ridership. The reason why I say that is because most people that I know that are in the GP don't like that ride because of the awful whiplash that they get when going into the brakes.
Wouldn't Wicked be the First Coaster with an LSM Launch on an Air Time Hill? Doesn't the Launch Tower fit that bill? lol A couple of friends or people doth not a GP make. Regardless, there is this thing called blocking. In order for a ride to function at it's highest capacity, the train must clear each block before a train behind it could enter it. With 2 Trains in the Spiral, it would be hard to clear (a relatively flat) reduction before a train reaches Safety Brake 2, even with ECBs and the Drives. I mean, we've all seen Schwarzkopfs refurbished with Magnetic Braking lose a Train, thus capacity, due to magnetic braking. There were also 2 braking systems employed on Jet Star 2 Models, but both resulted in a clearing of reduction at the same time. I would rather have a slam into the brakes than trim it before reduction.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(11-24-2018, 03:08 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Wouldn't Wicked be the First Coaster with an LSM Launch on an Air Time Hill? Doesn't the Launch Tower fit that bill?
It's called a Top Hat, so, Copperhead is one of, if not, the first coasters to launch whilst travelling on an airtime hill. Also, you can't forget that Wicked technically has two launches when going into the Top Hat.
Regardless the airtime hill is still some of the best, longest air time I've ever had on a coaster (as long as you're not stapled). I can only imagine how much power the vertical section of the launch uses.
(11-24-2018, 06:14 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: It's called a Top Hat, so, Copperhead is one of, if not, the first coasters to launch whilst travelling on an airtime hill. Also, you can't forget that Wicked technically has two launches when going into the Top Hat.
Actually, Wicked has a Launch Tower. You don't read information signs or pay much attention to ride descriptions do you?

As the saying goes, to the winner goes all the spoils, whereas different manufacturers and parks name their own elements. Wicked has a Horizontal Launch, Vertical Launch on the Launch Tower, Immelmann Turn, Heartline Roll, and Half Pipe. I'm fairly certain you were unaware of two different elements named "Immelmann," which are completely different. An Immelmann Turn is a World War I Aerobatic Maneuver and an Immelmann Loop is a Modern Aerobatic Maneuver.

[Image: 3og0IMJcSI8p6hYQXS%2Fgiphy.gif]

(11-24-2018, 07:39 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: Regardless the airtime hill is still some of the best, longest air time I've ever had on a coaster (as long as you're not stapled). I can only imagine how much power the vertical section of the launch uses.
It is true ejector air time, very similar to that of being yanked over the drop in HangTime at Knott's from the back row.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Sid is correct on the names of the elements and features of Wicked. But Wickeds Launch tower and the 2nd launch on Copperhead Strike that is on an airtime hill are completely different and cannot be compared to each other.

The launch on an airtime hill that Copperhead will feature from what I can recollect is a first of its kind and it should be an interesting feature.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(11-24-2018, 11:21 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Sid is correct on the names of the elements and features of Wicked. But Wickeds Launch tower and the 2nd launch on Copperhead Strike that is on an airtime hill are completely different and cannot be compared to each other.

The launch on an airtime hill that Copperhead will feature from what I can recollect is a first of its kind and it should be an interesting feature.
Hey! Why can't I use the same logic as DaSpanishPotato?

(11-24-2018, 11:26 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Hey! Why can't I use the same logic as DaSpanishPotato?

Lol!
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West