New ride that would be awesome!
If Lagoon got something similar to DC Rivals Hypercoaster, but have a vertical loop, and have one of trains be reversed, I think that I can safely say that we'd all be down for that. Although, it would probably never happen. Lagoon hasn't really installed a coaster where airtime is the main focus in quite a while.
I have always, and will always think that lagoon will do great with a flying disk, or a fun fair freak out model. I once overheard that someone thought they were going to place a husk frisbee in the spot where the music theatre was, but that was before the beer garden.
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
(11-21-2018, 03:13 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: If Lagoon got something similar to DC Rivals Hypercoaster, but have a vertical loop, and have one of trains be reversed, I think that I can safely say that we'd all be down for that. Although, it would probably never happen. Lagoon hasn't really installed a coaster where airtime is the main focus in quite a while.

Yup not since 1921......
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(11-21-2018, 03:13 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: If Lagoon got something similar to DC Rivals Hypercoaster, but have a vertical loop, and have one of trains be reversed, I think that I can safely say that we'd all be down for that. Although, it would probably never happen. Lagoon hasn't really installed a coaster where airtime is the main focus in quite a while.

Maybe they will with this new coaster. When cannibal opened I focused just on the thrill, but now I focus on the airtime on the drops and hills. Some with wicked, which is impossible to the fact that is staples you into the ride.
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
(11-21-2018, 06:28 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: Some with wicked, which is impossible to the fact that is staples you into the ride.
But it is possible! If you hold your restraint up just a little, you get some great ejector airtime.
(11-21-2018, 12:47 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: Shoulder Restraints!?! I would NEVER want the headbanging that comes with those!!! That is the reason why I hate the Bat with a passion!

Ehhhhhh... I know it would be unlikely that Lagoon tears out Jet Star 2, but, I would DEFINITELY rather see a Raptor in its place. Maybe in order to save space, they could do a vertical chain lift, or an elevator.
I would say removal of Jet Star 2 is next to Impossible. Again, they have the expertise and contractors fully capable of replacing the entire structure and running track.

I believe everyone would be fine with such a project. Wink

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(11-23-2018, 06:18 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I would say removal of Jet Star 2 is next to Impossible. Again, they have the expertise and contractors fully capable of replacing the entire structure and running track.

What do you mean it's next to impossible? Is there something that makes it difficult or do you just mean they won't since they don't have to? I always figured its days were numbered.
Banana
(11-23-2018, 10:25 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: What do you mean it's next to impossible? Is there something that makes it difficult or do you just mean they won't since they don't have to? I always figured its days were numbered.
The removal of Jet Star 2 is next to impossible because it's not as if Lagoon doesn't have the engineering capability, fundage, and contract partners to build a new structure and track to keep the ride open.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(11-23-2018, 10:33 PM)linearinduction Wrote: The removal of Jet Star 2 is next to impossible because it's not as if Lagoon doesn't have the engineering capability, fundage, and contract partners to build a new structure and track to keep the ride open.

They also have the capability, funds and partners to replace it with Jet Star 202X, a custom in-house LIM propelled spiritual successor to JS2 with better inline seating, bigger safety envelopes and smoother brakes. I realize they probably won't, but I'd like to see it. Has a spiral launch ever been done?
Banana
(11-24-2018, 12:54 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: They also have the capability, funds and partners to replace it with Jet Star 202X, a custom in-house LIM propelled spiritual successor to JS2 with better inline seating, bigger safety envelopes and smoother brakes. I realize they probably won't, but I'd like to see it. Has a spiral launch ever been done?

Not that I am aware of, but I'm sure that it could be done, especially since Copperhead Strike, at Carowinds will have an airtime hill within a launch. Honestly, if Lagoon could install a magnetic brake system on JS2, it would likely have a higher ridership. The reason why I say that is because most people that I know that are in the GP don't like that ride because of the awful whiplash that they get when going into the brakes.