New ride that would be awesome!
I think that a Backwards looping ride would be something interesting for Lagoon to have!
(11-18-2018, 09:27 PM)DeLorean Wrote: I think that a Backwards looping ride would be something interesting for Lagoon to have!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCCAZtamQeY
I was always surprised Lagoon never installed a Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I was actually just about to post a thread similar to this. 

Since I am going to kings island soon, I have been researching the crap out of it, and I have a thought.

You all know the shed at the end of mystic timbers? (The one that I think is not that bad, but was overhyped. It is better than just sitting in the sun.) I always thought something like that would fit in, since lagoon likes spooky. Maybe primordial will do something similar?
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
(11-18-2018, 09:58 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: I was actually just about to post a thread similar to this. 

Since I am going to kings island soon, I have been researching the crap out of it, and I have a thought.

You all know the shed at the end of mystic timbers? (The one that I think is not that bad, but was overhyped. It is better than just sitting in the sun.) I always thought something like that would fit in, since lagoon likes spooky. Maybe primordial will do something similar?
We do not talk about "What's In The Shed?" Oh no....I hear.......Hall and Oates!!!!!

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
(11-18-2018, 09:37 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I was always surprised Lagoon never installed a Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop.

The rumor on the block is David and Schwarzkopf Didn’t have a good relationship because Dave bought Jetstar when it was getting Repo from the worlds fair in Washington and so Schwarzkopf felt that the ride was never paid for. That’s why Dave had to buy all of Schwarzkopf rides second hand. Or parts from other parks Wink
I don't think that Lagoon would ever do this or if it is even possible... but one year if they put the trains on Dragon Backwards... going backwards through those double loops would be nuts!
(11-18-2018, 11:21 PM)DeLorean Wrote: I don't think that Lagoon would ever do this or if it is even possible... but one year if they put the trains on Dragon Backwards... going backwards through those double loops would be nuts!

That would require buying a another set of trains to run backwards.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
I will be sad when the day comes that Jet Star II has reached the end of its service life. I love working and riding that ride. But I think a good replacement for it would be a RMC Raptor.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(11-18-2018, 11:22 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: That would require buying a another set of trains to run backwards.
Not to mention they would undoubtedly have shoulder restraints to keep you in the correct riding position.
(11-18-2018, 11:28 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I will be sad when the day comes that Jet Star II has reached the end of its service life. I love working and riding that ride. But I think a good replacement for it would be a RMC Raptor.
I'm sure that Lagoon will replace all of the track and structure and build new trains in the future, instead of removing Jet Star 2. I mean, it has new better built Wheel Housings they put on it like a decade ago, and how many times did Jet open late after it needed some "welding" on the structure or track? Fabriweld replaced the Carousel with new Track in 1996 or 1997, and Lagoon has re-enforced those ties since then. Lagoon totally has the expertise on staff and contractors to completely replace the structure and track.

(11-18-2018, 11:58 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Not to mention they would undoubtedly have shoulder restraints to keep you in the correct riding position.

I'm sure that Lagoon will replace all of the track and structure and build new trains in the future, instead of removing Jet Star 2. I mean, it has new better built Wheel Housings they put on it like a decade ago, and how many times did Jet open late after it needed some "welding" on the structure or track? Fabriweld replaced the Carousel with new Track in 1996 or 1997, and Lagoon has re-enforced those ties since then. Lagoon totally has the expertise on staff and contractors to completely replace the structure and track.

Shoulder Restraints!?! I would NEVER want the headbanging that comes with those!!! That is the reason why I hate the Bat with a passion!

Ehhhhhh... I know it would be unlikely that Lagoon tears out Jet Star 2, but, I would DEFINITELY rather see a Raptor in its place. Maybe in order to save space, they could do a vertical chain lift, or an elevator.