Bug - unreadable threads
(11-19-2018, 01:24 PM)Willenator Wrote: So the moderation log shows nothing, and I never saw it.

*plays creepy music*

Maybe you weren't authorized to view it either? It looked as if somebody had changed the user groups that were allowed to see the post. I think somebody is perfectly aware of what happened but I guess they don't want to clarify. Seems like discourse might be going south around here. Here's where the thread once was:

https://www.lagoonisfun.com/showthread.php?tid=5926
Banana
(11-19-2018, 06:23 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Maybe you weren't authorized to view it either? It looked as if somebody had changed the user groups that were allowed to see the post. I think somebody is perfectly aware of what happened but I guess they don't want to clarify. Seems like discourse might be going south around here. Here's where the thread once was:

https://www.lagoonisfun.com/showthread.php?tid=5926
I think you are reading waaaaay too into sarcasm bro! lol

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(11-19-2018, 08:37 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I think you are reading waaaaay too into sarcasm bro! lol

I'm not reading anything into your useless comments, I'm reporting on the behavior of a weird bug that occurred on the site.
Banana
(11-19-2018, 08:37 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I think you are reading waaaaay too into sarcasm bro! lol

Agreed ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
(11-19-2018, 09:23 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I'm not reading anything into your useless comments, I'm reporting on the behavior of a weird bug that occurred on the site.
Is there a reason you are so bothered by this "bug?" You seem extremely agitated that someone decided to post something, a few of us saw it, it disappeared, and you didn't get to see it. Never once have you asked what it was, just that you couldn't read it, like someone went out of their way to prevent you from seeing it, and you are extremely bothered by it. lol

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Ok, so this issue has uncovered a handful of problems on the backend of the forum. I've started to go through and reset everything to what I had before. It will probably take a few more days since MyBB likes to hide permissions in multiple locations. The way the permissions are handled has changed, so I'm thinking this all popped up after the last update. I now know that the missing post in question was deleted by the original author. The inability to see the topic by some was due to the permissions settings. Apparently, there was a second topic that had appeared and disappeared around the same time too.

Let me know if any of you see any other issues on the forum while I tweak things. Smile
(11-19-2018, 10:27 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Is there a reason you are so bothered by this "bug?" You seem extremely agitated that someone decided to post something, a few of us saw it, it disappeared, and you didn't get to see it. Never once have you asked what it was, just that you couldn't read it, like someone went out of their way to prevent you from seeing it, and you are extremely bothered by it. lol

Yeah, my decades of experience working with php/databases/html/etc cause me to recognize technical bugs and draw attention to them so they can be fixed and not cause even more problems in the future. I'm bugged by bugs but not extremely bothered by them. It is annoying when people are intentionally unhelpful and act like jackasses when you're trying to understand the cause of a bug though.

If I wanted to know the contents of a removed thread I'd ask the person who posted the thread. If they didn't want to share then there's nothing more to be done. When there's a clear technical issue that could continue to cause problems in the future I file a bug report. I'm glad the source of the bug was discovered.

(11-20-2018, 02:30 PM)Willenator Wrote: Ok, so this issue has uncovered a handful of problems on the backend of the forum. I've started to go through and reset everything to what I had before. It will probably take a few more days since MyBB likes to hide permissions in multiple locations. The way the permissions are handled has changed, so I'm thinking this all popped up after the last update. I now know that the missing post in question was deleted by the original author. The inability to see the topic by some was due to the permissions settings. Apparently, there was a second topic that had appeared and disappeared around the same time too.

Let me know if any of you see any other issues on the forum while I tweak things. Smile

Thanks Will!
Banana