I'm expecting Game Time to eventually make way for a spooky magic/gift shop and possibly an expanded Dracula's castle that also exits through said gift shop. The exit for Seance makes zero sense... unless Game Time becomes a gift shop. What other possible reason could there be for making you exit Seance from a different door than you entered? Loading and unloading don't take place at the same time and half of the hallway is still used for traffic in both directions.
I like dark rides

(01-23-2019, 04:00 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I'm expecting Game Time to eventually make way for a spooky magic/gift shop and possibly an expanded Dracula's castle that also exits through said gift shop. The exit for Seance makes zero sense... unless Game Time becomes a gift shop. What other possible reason could there be for making you exit Seance from a different door than you entered? Loading and unloading don't take place at the same time and half of the hallway is still used for traffic in both directions.

That would be a vast improvement to the show. Exiting into a 1980's arcade doesn't quite fit the theme lol!
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(01-21-2019, 03:29 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: With how big of a project Primordial is looking like I think we're lucky just to be getting the beer garden this year.

With some of the discussions about what we could be seeing in the near future at Lagoon, I've been pondering it a little bit, and ultimately I've been thinking along similar lines as Mark.  Why?

Cannibal (at a reported cost of at least $26 million) was the one major thing going on in a three year period at Lagoon (2014-2016).  While there have been a few other new rides since 2014 (4, by my count) they have all been Kiddieland rides, which are, as has been noted, relatively cheap in the grand scheme of things.  The only other major additions of any sort have been 2 new bathrooms (again, things which I'm sure are relatively cheap in the grand scheme of things).  All other activities (some new paint jobs, giving Terrorride a makeover, moving Centennial Screamer, taking out Hydroluge, working on the beer garden, installing Carousel Candy and PV Bakery, etc.) are also inexpensive projects.  (In short, it feels like Lagoon is working on some of the things that were further down their "To Do" list that they've never really gotten around to before because they were always working on some other bigger project each year in years past.)

With Primordial looking to be around the same overall effort and cost as Cannibal (if I'm understanding various threads around here correctly) I think we probably won't see too much else, at least nothing major.  Maybe, besides the beer garden, perhaps the long-anticipated revamping of Dracula's Castle, and perhaps some more Kiddieland rides, and some more "facelift" style activities.  I'm also wondering if something will be done any time soon with the old North and South bathrooms, although I think it could go either way (considering how long it took Lagoon to do anything with the old Music Theater spot).
The Beer garden is looking huge, like a whole themed area.
I like dark rides

(01-23-2019, 01:05 AM)DeLorean Wrote: "HOLY COW YOU HAVE HOW MANY KIDS?!?!"
The definition of most of the families in my neighborhood!
(01-23-2019, 07:52 PM)Gregory Wrote: With some of the discussions about what we could be seeing in the near future at Lagoon, I've been pondering it a little bit, and ultimately I've been thinking along similar lines as Mark.  Why?

Cannibal (at a reported cost of at least $26 million) was the one major thing going on in a three year period at Lagoon (2014-2016).  While there have been a few other new rides since 2014 (4, by my count) they have all been Kiddieland rides, which are, as has been noted, relatively cheap in the grand scheme of things.  The only other major additions of any sort have been 2 new bathrooms (again, things which I'm sure are relatively cheap in the grand scheme of things).  All other activities (some new paint jobs, giving Terrorride a makeover, moving Centennial Screamer, taking out Hydroluge, working on the beer garden, installing Carousel Candy and PV Bakery, etc.) are also inexpensive projects.  (In short, it feels like Lagoon is working on some of the things that were further down their "To Do" list that they've never really gotten around to before because they were always working on some other bigger project each year in years past.)

With Primordial looking to be around the same overall effort and cost as Cannibal (if I'm understanding various threads around here correctly) I think we probably won't see too much else, at least nothing major.  Maybe, besides the beer garden, perhaps the long-anticipated revamping of Dracula's Castle, and perhaps some more Kiddieland rides, and some more "facelift" style activities.  I'm also wondering if something will be done any time soon with the old North and South bathrooms, although I think it could go either way (considering how long it took Lagoon to do anything with the old Music Theater spot).
You've been saying "Relatively cheap in the grand scheme of things" a lot! I would dare say that you have no clue how expensive some of those things can be! As Jetstar2 said, Biergarten is looking to be a full (possibly Bavarian) themed area. Also, the cost of kiddie rides definitely adds up.
(01-23-2019, 07:52 PM)Gregory Wrote: With some of the discussions about what we could be seeing in the near future at Lagoon, I've been pondering it a little bit, and ultimately I've been thinking along similar lines as Mark.  Why?

Ummm, I wouldn't compare a 2 Acre redevelopment known as "The Lagoon Bier Garten" to the cost of a Kiddie Ride. The List Price for a Zamperla "Park Model" or Permanent Mount Speedway and "Park Model" MiDi Tea Cup were 135K each around the time they were installed. So, after all of the construction and landscaping, you were still looking at 500k+. Same goes for Flying Tigers and Ruka. So that's no small amount of change.

Now that Lagoon unofficially has the best bathrooms in the industry, with the North and South Bathrooms, it's easy to say Lagoon probably spent a Million Dollars on them. Again, not small change. Bakery Fresh was probably around 150K, as was Carousel Candy. I'm sure close to a Million was spent on the Interactive Fountain too. So, in 2018, Lagoon spent at least 1.3 Million Dollars in Capital Improvements.

I'm sure the Lagoon Bier Garten will cost more than Air Race, easily, especially depending on the F&B Infrastructure. I mean, to outfit a kitchen that size is going to be in the 350k to 500k range alone.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island

With Primordial looking to be around the same overall effort and cost as Cannibal (if I'm understanding various threads around here correctly)  I think we probably won't see too much else, at least nothing major.  Maybe, besides the beer garden, perhaps the long-anticipated revamping of Dracula's Castle, and perhaps some more Kiddieland rides, and some more "facelift" style activities.  I'm also wondering if something will be done any time soon with the old North and South bathrooms, although I think it could go either way (considering how long it took Lagoon to do anything with the old Music Theater spot).
I totally agree that Primordial will be no bigger or better coaster, as I stated before, I think it will be a faster, longer, and a bit taller version of Bombora. The Beer Garden is looking huge, so that is going to be a pretty large addition.. I am sure we are going to get some new buildings getting paint, small park updates, maybe a new kiddie ride or family ride, DC update most likely, and a new food place is not out of the question. Shake it Up is still yet to open. Besides the main things, there will probably be every other yearly park updates.
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
I see construction of the 2019 ride in the video Wink
If it's not going to affect you in 5 years don't spend more than five minutes of your life being angry about it.
I see construction at Primordial, Beer Garden, Dracula's Courtyard, Game Time, Opera House Subway/plaza, and sky ride in front of Wild Mouse.
I like dark rides

(01-23-2019, 10:44 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: The definition of most of the families in my neighborhood!
You've been saying "Relatively cheap in the grand scheme of things" a lot! I would dare say that you have no clue how expensive some of those things can be! As Jetstar2 said, Biergarten is looking to be a full (possibly Bavarian) themed area. Also, the cost of kiddie rides definitely adds up.

(01-23-2019, 10:55 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Ummm, I wouldn't compare a 2 Acre redevelopment known as "The Lagoon Bier Garten" to the cost of a Kiddie Ride. The List Price for a Zamperla "Park Model" or Permanent Mount Speedway and "Park Model" MiDi Tea Cup were 135K each around the time they were installed. So, after all of the construction and landscaping, you were still looking at 500k+. Same goes for Flying Tigers and Ruka. So that's no small amount of change.

Now that Lagoon unofficially has the best bathrooms in the industry, with the North and South Bathrooms, it's easy to say Lagoon probably spent a Million Dollars on them. Again, not small change. Bakery Fresh was probably around 150K, as was Carousel Candy. I'm sure close to a Million was spent on the Interactive Fountain too. So, in 2018, Lagoon spent at least 1.3 Million Dollars in Capital Improvements.

I'm sure the Lagoon Bier Garten will cost more than Air Race, easily, especially depending on the F&B Infrastructure. I mean, to outfit a kitchen that size is going to be in the 350k to 500k range alone.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

True, $1 million for a couple of bathrooms or $1.3 million for a lot of capital improvements isn't cheap, (and I'm not by any means trying to say that all the various things I listed each cost the same thing by any means - the beer garden is going to have a different cost that a Kiddieland ride, which is going to have a different cost than moving Centennial Screamer) but at the same time it's not even close to the cost of Wicked alone (at a reported $10 million) and especially cheap when compared to Cannibal (which I have on good authority around here comes in at $26 million).  So when I say that something is "relatively cheap in the grand scheme of things," I'm saying that Lagoon isn't plopping down $10 million plus for a single thing.