How many years worked in the industry.
I'm just curious of how many years people have been working in the amusement park industry on this website.
Next year will be 12 years in the industry.
1 amusement park
1 family fun center
2 theme parks
Technically 3 theme parks it depends if you want to count the whole Resort or each Park as its own Park.
1 Ski Resort
And I guess you can Count Me volunteering at Cowabunga Bay when they needed help......
I've also operated over a 114 different types of rides and attractions across the United States. I've operated roller coaster from every major manufacturer in the world and I'm not talking about just dispatching a train I'm talking about hours on hours of work. I'm just going to say dispatching a train and launching a train on Top Thrill Dragster when a trouble light is blinking at you is one of the most interesting experiences in my life.
I'm not going to say what Parks I have worked at openly online but if you know who I am you already know so Wink .
I worked at a place with two arcade games as well as a place with an old-school coffee vending machine so I pretty much know everything.
I like dark rides

(11-16-2018, 09:44 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I worked at a place with two arcade games as well as a place with an old-school coffee vending machine so I pretty much know everything.
Luke, are you jealous of CPRider and his experience with the the blinking Trouble light on Intamin Coasters? lol

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I have worked in a fun fair, and a food stall with my aunt at castles and coasters in Arizona. So all I know is that on a hot Arizona day, people get angry really easily.

And that one of those area 51 spinning indoor ships, or gravitrons or something, never last a day without people throwing up in them.

So I obviously I am the most expirenced when it comes to working at lagoon.  Tongue
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
I worked for 5 years at Lagoon and my wife id 10 years at Lagoon. I take all that I learned at Lagoon very seriously.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
I plan on working at lagoon for frightmares next year. The only haunt I have ever done is my local town haunted house, where I was a psycho jester. So obviously that is much more exciting than operating a roller coaster! (Joking. Also, in that haunt, all the actors were basically required to do one thing. Scream in peoples ears, and then say get out. I was one of the only people who interacted with the guests, me and my other clown buddy in the clown room. I refuse to make a Nightwalk move! Sorry, for the off topic, had to get that out.)
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
4 years here: two in ride operation, two in coaster maintenance.
Interestingly enough, I've never worked in the amusement park industry. However, in the same "touristy" field of work, I've been in the haunted house industry for over 9 years now, just coming off of my 10th season.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
(11-16-2018, 10:18 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Luke, are you jealous of CPRider and his experience with the the blinking Trouble light on Intamin Coasters? lol

Meh, I've dealt with my share of blinky lights. He probably just needed to empty the coin box or fill the powdered cappuccino hopper.
I like dark rides

(11-17-2018, 02:16 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: Meh, I've dealt with my share of blinky lights. He probably just needed to empty the coin box or fill the powdered cappuccino hopper.

Most of the time we just threw a piece of tape over it ;Wink
It burned out one day and we all thought something was wrong. Lol