Rides you think could be on their way out soon?
(11-19-2018, 12:24 AM)linearinduction Wrote: What did DTR do to you? Huh? lol While I don't ride DTR, and haven't since maybe 2004 at an Employee Party, I still observe it making money, which means more money for Cap Ex and Rides.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I had the misfortune of working the ride once for a private party and it sucked with the small amount of people, I can see why it made people swear when supervising it. The only good ride I had one it was during the spring of 2004 where the coordinator had a bunch of us supers come in and drive the cars like horrible guests in order to give her trainees a "proper" training. We were allowed to spin the cars, crash them, drive the wrong way. It was a blast.

I agree with Jet Star, Every time I see the ride its understaffed no even running both tracks and has barely anybody near it. Its had a good 19 year run, its time to tear it out.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(11-19-2018, 12:42 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I had the misfortune of working the ride once for a private party and it sucked with the small amount of people, I can see why it made people swear when supervising it. The only good ride I had one it was during the spring of 2004 where the coordinator had a bunch of us supers come in and drive the cars like horrible guests in order to give her trainees a "proper" training. We were allowed to spin the cars, crash them, drive the wrong way. It was a blast.

I agree with Jet Star, Every time I see the ride its understaffed no even running both tracks and has barely anybody near it. Its had a good 19 year run, its time to tear it out.
Trainings on DTR were always fun. Everytime I observe DTR, it's had a line. Don't think I've seen it understaffed and not running both tracks either.

(11-19-2018, 12:34 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: I blame it for killing Speedway, and I'm always looking for new stuff to complain about you know. But really, the few times I've gone over to the Cannibal observation area DTR had zero riders. With rising gas prices and the cost of paying the ride ops, does it actually make money?
DTR didn't kill Speedway Sr., Spider did! lol Speedway Sr. was a maintenance nightmare. There were some days you had to blow out the engines with the compressed air every run because of cotton and heat. There would be days you could start off with 10 - 12 Cars and only have 4 still running by 2pm. Some days, as soon as Maintenance would have one working again, another 1 or 2 would die. The amount of broken parts that would break and fall off, from the steering and guide wheels was insane. I remember several busy Saturday nights where we were down to literally 2-3 Cars, and that was with maintenance working on them all day. Lagoon should have probably purchased new cars in the 80's or early 90's and fixed up the track some.

Lagoon was already committed to the Maurer SC-2000 after it debuted in 1999 and it was no secret Lagoon was going to remove Speedway Sr. for a "Spinning Wild Mouse" as soon as 2000. After the Incident in the summer of 2000, in Germany, it was pushed back from 2001. Lagoon signed the contract for 2.79 or 2.97 (Been so long I can't remember which) Million Dollars in August of 2002. From what I understood, prior to the Incident, Spider was slated to be added in 2001 and Cliffhanger was supposed to be 2002. Funtime supposedly made an offer too good to pass up, for a Slingshot, so Spider was bumped back to 2003.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(11-19-2018, 12:49 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Speedway Sr. was a maintenance nightmare. There were some days you had to blow out the engines with the compressed air every run because of cotton and heat. There would be days you could start off with 10 - 12 Cars and only have 4 still running by 2pm. Some days, as soon as Maintenance would have one working again, another 1 or 2 would die.
This!  While it wasn't my ride, I was on the Maintenance crew that was responsible for it, and there were plenty of times I went over & helped out there after my ride was open.  Speedway Sr. was a giant, festering Maintenance suck-hole that needed to die in a fire.  Sure, the childhood memories and all, but that ride killed itself.
That *&^%$ing cotton, man... crap got EVERYWHERE.
Good riddance.
(11-18-2018, 05:15 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Dude, if that were a Kickstarter project, I'd back the hell outta that.

I second this!
(11-19-2018, 12:42 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I agree with Jet Star, Every time I see the ride its understaffed no even running both tracks and has barely anybody near it. Its had a good 19 year run, its time to tear it out.
tear it out... Tear It Out!.. TEAR IT OUT!!! TEAR IT OUT!!! TEAR IT OUT!!!
(11-19-2018, 04:41 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: tear it out... Tear It Out!.. TEAR IT OUT!!! TEAR IT OUT!!! TEAR IT OUT!!!

I agree with them, it's been at the park around 40 years!!!  Let's scrap it.
(11-19-2018, 04:41 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: tear it out... Tear It Out!.. TEAR IT OUT!!! TEAR IT OUT!!! TEAR IT OUT!!!

Not going to happen anytime soon.
Just kidding I know jet star ,2 is one of the few remaining schwartkof models still in operation. Would hate it to have it removed for that reason.

I was referring to the user on here named Jet Star, not the ride. Jet Star is staying and hopefully for a long time.

(11-19-2018, 04:52 PM)CPrider Wrote: Not going to happen anytime soon.

Thank goodness.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(11-19-2018, 05:28 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I was referring to the user on here named Jet Star, not the ride. Jet Star is staying and hopefully for a long time.

Thank goodness.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......................... sorry...