Rides you think could be on their way out soon?
(11-16-2018, 11:14 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Wait, you actually... you actually got to ride it!?  I didn't know it did that.  I thought it was just a really well-landscaped "Waiting for Parts from Europe" sign holder.

Speaking of Speedway and governors... man, you didn't live if you didn't get a chance to drive Speedway cars down the midway with the governor disabled.  Shades

With Hydro gone, the only ride I really see a pressing reason to get rid of these days is Cliffhanger.  (I know some say Musik, but it's just too classic for me; I used to love the mid-80s vibe of South Midway with Screamer, Musik, and Fire Dragon all in a row.)  Cliffhanger for me is not one I'm ever going to ride (it combines two of my least favorite ride experiences:  spinning and getting wet), and it's down for maintenance so much it's a joke.  Plus, it takes up a pretty sizable chunk of real estate:  I mean, you could almost fit another Spider or Bombora in the space its ride enclosure takes up.
Cliffhanger has actually operated very consistently the past several seasons and is very popular when open and temperatures are high. Unless there are structural problems, I don't see it leaving before it's 40+ Year Service Life is over in 2041.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(11-17-2018, 01:38 PM)linearinduction Wrote: It's actually operated very consistently the past several seasons, and is popular when open.

You... you and your empirically-based stereotype-ruining... Wink
(11-17-2018, 01:40 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: You... you and your empirically-based stereotype-ruining... Wink

Most of the time last year itcwas walk on and half empty, also sounds like a dying dinosaur.
(11-17-2018, 01:40 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: You... you and your empirically-based stereotype-ruining... Wink
Ya, ya, ya. Blame me for ruining your fun. lol

(11-17-2018, 01:47 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: Most of the time last year itcwas walk on and half empty, also sounds like a dying dinosaur.
Not on the weekends was it a walk on and it only sounds like that when the brake pads are worn. lol

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
(11-17-2018, 01:47 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: Most of the time last year itcwas walk on and half empty, also sounds like a dying dinosaur.

Unfortunately, I only made it to the park about 4 times last year, and virtually all of that time was spent in Kiddie Land, so I didn't get to see it in any state much this year.
I think that some of the older rides in Kiddie Land that don't really have a theme could be on their way out, or simply re-themed. Also, due to the fact that parts for the Centennial Screamer are no longer produced, that ride could be on it's way out, although, it did just get relocated, so, it seems like it'll be staying for a while longer. DTR is most likely on it's way out though...
(11-17-2018, 03:11 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: I think that some of the older rides in Kiddie Land that don't really have a theme could be on their way out, or simply re-themed. Also, due to the fact that parts for the Centennial Screamer are no longer produced, that ride could be on it's way out, although, it did just get relocated, so, it seems like it'll be staying for a while longer. DTR is most likely on it's way out though...
I know you are young and untraveled, but here are a couple facts that will hopefully help in your assessment of Kiddieland...

Lagoon has one of the LARGEST Kid's Areas, in any park, in the Country.

Many of Lagoon's Older Classic Kiddieland Rides are extremely rare and extremely valuable. Cedar Fair paid over 50k (rumored to be 75k) for an Everly Bulgy The Whale a decade ago, and it was in poor condition. Other rare rides include the Bradley and Kaye Red Baron, Allen Herschell Sky Fighter, Allen Herschell Helicopters, Everly Bulgy The Whale, Allen Herschell Boats (Baby Boats), Speedway Jr. (Possibly Lagoon Built/Engineered), Moonraker (Zamperla Enterprise), the Zamperla ride known as Scalawags, and of course, Puff. There's absolutely no reason for Lagoon to re-theme any of their Kiddieland rides, as they are already themed to be fun for kids.

Lagoon's Maintenance of their Rides is practically unmatched in the Industry. This is especially true for the Kids Rides.

Most parks would have removed Screamer, but not Lagoon. They spent a significant amount of money to refurbish and relocate the ride and give it a permanent concrete platform. While it has been said that a part Screamer needed might be the last one they are able to get, it's not entirely impossible, nor may be needed in the near future any way. Additionally, the dimensions of the HUSS Park Attractions Enterprise G2 has the exact same dimensions as the HUSS Rides Enterprise.

I doubt DTR is in Jeopardy of being removed, and here are just a few of the reasons why....

There's usually a line of guests waiting to ride. Go Karts are profitable, period. Lagoon has not changed the price since it opened almost 19 years ago. The tracks and cars are still in good condition.

(11-17-2018, 04:51 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I know you are young and untraveled, but here are a couple facts that will hopefully help in your assessment of Kiddieland...

Lagoon has one of the LARGEST Kid's Areas, in any park, in the Country.

Many of Lagoon's Older Classic Kiddieland Rides are extremely rare and extremely valuable. Cedar Fair paid over 50k (rumored to be 75k) for an Everly Bulgy The Whale a decade ago, and it was in poor condition. Other rare rides include the Bradley and Kaye Red Baron, Allen Herschell Sky Fighter, Allen Herschell Helicopters, Everly Bulgy The Whale, Allen Herschell Boats (Baby Boats), Speedway Jr. (Possibly Lagoon Built/Engineered), Moonraker (Zamperla Enterprise), the Zamperla ride known as Scalawags, and of course, Puff. There's absolutely no reason for Lagoon to re-theme any of their Kiddieland rides, as they are already themed to be fun for kids.

Lagoon's Maintenance of their Rides is practically unmatched in the Industry. This is especially true for the Kids Rides.

Most parks would have removed Screamer, but not Lagoon. They spent a significant amount of money to refurbish and relocate  the ride and give it a permanent concrete platform. While it has been said that a part Screamer needed might be the last one they are able to get, it's not entirely impossible, nor may be needed in the near future any way. Additionally, the dimensions of the HUSS Park Attractions Enterprise G2 has the exact same dimensions as the HUSS Rides Enterprise.

I doubt DTR is in Jeopardy of being removed, and here are just a few of the reasons why....

There's usually a line of guests waiting to ride. Go Karts are profitable, period. Lagoon has not changed the price since it opened almost 19 years ago. The tracks and cars are still in good condition.

And if I may add one thing that both of us have stated before. Lagoon has plenty of land to expand without removing something that doesn't need to be.
I found a Bulgy the Whale for sale for 25,000 dollars. I'll post the link later. My phone is not allowing me to paste it in.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(11-17-2018, 07:12 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: Lagoon has plenty of land to expand without removing something that doesn't need to be.
Well, look at Hydro Luge...