Rides you think could be on their way out soon?
What rides at Lagoon do you think are on borrowed time? This thread is just about your ideas, it would be good for your ideas to be based on trends you see and what not but let your ideas out.

I personally think DTR is living on borrowed time. With the nice half of midway they build on the south side of Cannibal, makes me think that DTR will be replaced eventually.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(11-16-2018, 11:37 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: What rides at Lagoon do you think are on borrowed time? This thread is just about your ideas, it would be good for your ideas to be based on trends you see and what not but let your ideas out.

I personally think DTR is living on borrowed time. With the nice half of midway they build on the south side of Cannibal, makes me think that DTR will be replaced eventually.
While there's been a trend to remove Go-Karts from many parks, Lagoon has one of, if not THE Best Go-Kart Tracks in any Full Fledged Amusement Park in the Country. (Mt. Olympus and the Fun Spot Parks are not included, because they are Glorified Family Entertainment Centers).

Lagoon is obviously still making money off of DTR, and there are many lines during the summer. The fact Lagoon hasn't changed the prices in going on 19 Years is incredible too.

That wide DTR Midway was really just an opportunity to do something with that otherwise empty area. I don't think we'll see DTR going anywhere at least until 2025-2030, if then.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(11-16-2018, 12:28 PM)linearinduction Wrote: While there's been a trend to remove Go-Karts from many parks, Lagoon has one of, if not THE Best Go-Kart Tracks in any Full Fledged Amusement Park in the Country. (Mt. Olympus and the Fun Spot Parks are not included, because they are Glorified Family Entertainment Centers).

Lagoon is obviously still making money off of DTR, and there are many lines during the summer. The fact Lagoon hasn't changed the prices in going on 19 Years is incredible too.

That wide DTR Midway was really just an opportunity to do something with that otherwise empty area. I don't think we'll see DTR going anywhere at least until 2025-2030, if then.

DTR's track's are good but the under powered carts make the goodness of the track irrelevant. With DTR and the rides office removed there would be a good chuck of land to do something much better. The Fun Spot tracks are amazing and the karts have a good amount of power.

(11-16-2018, 01:05 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: DTR's track's are good but the under powered carts make the goodness of the track irrelevant. With DTR and the rides office removed there would be a good chuck of land to do something much better. The Fun Spot tracks are amazing and the karts have a good amount of power.
The DTR Carts have the power, they are just restricted, in the name of guest safety. Smile

Also, it wouldn't free up that much space, considering Lagoon has the only Sky Coaster with another attraction within it's ride enclosure. Lot D didn't hold that many cars before DTR.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(11-16-2018, 01:11 PM)linearinduction Wrote: The DTR Carts have the power, they are just restricted, in the name of guest safety. Smile

Also, it wouldn't free up that much space, considering Lagoon has the only Sky Coaster with another attraction within it's ride enclosure. Lot D didn't hold that many cars before DTR.

Oh I know they are restricted. They need to lighten that a bit.

I would love to see the log flum replaced or at least fixed up and made looking new again
I still hope that cliffhanger is on the short list for chopping block.
(11-16-2018, 01:39 PM)DeLorean Wrote: I would love to see the log flum replaced or at least fixed up and made looking new again

I'd hope to just fix it up again. Lagoon doesn't have enough Arrow rides.

(11-16-2018, 01:47 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: I still hope that cliffhanger is on the short list for chopping block.

I've hoped that since 2001 lol.

(11-16-2018, 02:44 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I'd hope to just fix it up again. Lagoon doesn't have enough Arrow rides.

I've hoped that since 2001 lol.

I get that people were made that they replaced the speedway, but I like cliffhanger(Spare me everyone) I do not know why know one likes it, I have never had a bad ride on it, and I like the theming surrounding it. It is fun on a hot day. Besides the slow line, and that it is always close.
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
(11-16-2018, 05:34 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: I get that people were made that they replaced the speedway, but I like cliffhanger(Spare me everyone) I do not know why know one likes it, I have never had a bad ride on it, and I like the theming surrounding it. It is fun on a hot day. Besides the slow line, and that it is always close.

Wait, you actually... you actually got to ride it!?  I didn't know it did that.  I thought it was just a really well-landscaped "Waiting for Parts from Europe" sign holder.

Speaking of Speedway and governors... man, you didn't live if you didn't get a chance to drive Speedway cars down the midway with the governor disabled.  Shades

With Hydro gone, the only ride I really see a pressing reason to get rid of these days is Cliffhanger.  (I know some say Musik, but it's just too classic for me; I used to love the mid-80s vibe of South Midway with Screamer, Musik, and Fire Dragon all in a row.)  Cliffhanger for me is not one I'm ever going to ride (it combines two of my least favorite ride experiences:  spinning and getting wet), and it's down for maintenance so much it's a joke.  Plus, it takes up a pretty sizable chunk of real estate:  I mean, you could almost fit another Spider or Bombora in the space its ride enclosure takes up.