Lagoon as a Theme Park
The beer garden looks like it will be German themed. It's going right next to an area with 4 German coasters, 2 German flat rides, a German style tudor building (@ Cliffhanger) and a German style castle (@ Spider). Even if that's all just coincidental, the area is developing a theme.
I like dark rides

(11-24-2018, 02:30 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: The beer garden looks like it will be German themed. It's going right next to an area with 4 German coasters, 2 German flat rides, a German style tudor building (@ Cliffhanger) and a German style castle (@ Spider). Even if that's all just coincidental, the area is developing a theme.
3 Flats, if you count Musik. Cliffhanger has more of a Swiss Chalet Style than German Tudor, as there's not enough curvature. I mean, it definitely throws off more of a "Survivor: Alpine" feel. lol

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
It is definitely going to feel like a German themed area, even if it is unintentional. Maybe a German Fair? Those often have rides that most of us could never even think of as a travelling ride. Every ride in the South end of the park besides Wicked and Cliffhanger could be relocated relatively easily.
(11-25-2018, 02:23 AM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: It is definitely going to feel like a German themed area, even if it is unintentional.

I would guess that the official banners in the park using the words "Biergarten" and not one, but two direct uses of Bavarian heraldry make that pretty unambiguously intentional.

https://www.lagoonisfun.com/showthread.p...3#pid79403

I don't think there's anything beyond that except coincidence.  Heck, half the rides in the park are German or Italian...

...wait, maybe Lagoon's going for an Axis Powers theme?  Quick, somebody plan an amphibious assault on Lagoon-a-Beach, but keep it quiet.  And whatever you do, don't mention the war.  I think I got away with it once...
(11-25-2018, 02:51 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: I don't think there's anything beyond that except coincidence.  Heck, half the rides in the park are German or Italian...

...wait, maybe Lagoon's going for an Axis Powers theme?
Let's just hope that the next ride that the park installs isn't Japanese themed. WAIT!!! WE ALREADY HAVE SAMURAI!!! OH GOSH!!!
(11-25-2018, 03:09 AM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: Let's just hope that the next ride that the park installs isn't Japanese themed. WAIT!!! WE ALREADY HAVE SAMURAI!!! OH GOSH!!!

And what new rides did we get recently?  The Flying Tigers and an African-themed ride?  Shocked 

It's all coming together...

Edit... I just realized: where does all the action take place around the park? On the Midway.

I'm going to need more tinfoil.
(11-25-2018, 02:51 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: I would guess that the official banners in the park using the words "Biergarten" and not one, but two direct uses of Bavarian heraldry make that pretty unambiguously intentional.

https://www.lagoonisfun.com/showthread.p...3#pid79403

I don't think there's anything beyond that except coincidence.  Heck, half the rides in the park are German or Italian...

...wait, maybe Lagoon's going for an Axis Powers theme?  Quick, somebody plan an amphibious assault on Lagoon-a-Beach, but keep it quiet.  And whatever you do, don't mention the war.  I think I got away with it once...

Thumbs Up!
"And what new rides did we get recently? The Flying Tigers and an African-themed ride? Shocked

It's all coming together...

Edit... I just realized: where does all the action take place around the park? On the Midway.

I'm going to need more tinfoil. "
(Quoting wasn't working for some odd reason)
Guys... I have a problem... I CAN'T FIND MY TINFOIL!!!