Lagoon as a Theme Park
(11-15-2018, 10:44 PM)linearinduction Wrote: A Super Flume, like those from Whitewater West, are what I could see Lagoon eventually replacing Log Flume with, but that's all.

I would love one of those at Lagoon!
(11-11-2018, 02:59 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: Well, they would only want to get their theming department, which would put Lagoon up to the level of theming that most Merlin parks have. Theme parks have always attracted more visitors than amusement parks.

Lagoon is three separate parks you have LAB PV and Lagoon Amusement Park. 
Pioneer Village is technically a theme park just to let you know.
The logo represents all 3 parks you have the carousel horse you have the wave and you have the carriage.
I think I've worked in this industry the longest out of anyone else on this form there might be one more person but I've also worked for four separate parks. Theme parks water parks and amusement parks Wink and it's all exactly the same. It doesn't matter what name you put in front of your Park theme park amusement park Adventure Park Family Fun Center and Water Park people still show up.
Tuck, Roll, and Aim for the grass!
*whip crack
(11-15-2018, 10:44 PM)linearinduction Wrote: So, several of your friends equals the General Public as a whole? lol I can only imagine what kinds of horror are found in and on Pulsar in that untreated water.....eeek! A Super Flume, like those from Whitewater West, are what I could see Lagoon eventually replacing Log Flume with, but that's all. There is just no way the NIMBY's in Farmington are going to allow a loud ride back there in PV.

You mean the same "Safari Village" with Flight of Fear and Intimidator 305?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Let me clarify. My friends are IN the GP. They aren't the GP as a whole. I do kinda think that something themed to a safari would be quite popular at Lagoon. Just don't add something like i305.
I think Lagoon should keep on doing what they are doing in just theming rides. They could be better at their themeing but I don't want a huge themed area at Lagoon.

You could consider Kiddyland a themed area with all the flowers and stuff they added in 2004. lol
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(11-15-2018, 10:44 PM)linearinduction Wrote: So, several of your friends equals the General Public as a whole? lol I can only imagine what kinds of horror are found in and on Pulsar in that untreated water.....eeek! A Super Flume, like those from Whitewater West, are what I could see Lagoon eventually replacing Log Flume with, but that's all. There is just no way the NIMBY's in Farmington are going to allow a loud ride back there in PV.

You mean the same "Safari Village" with Flight of Fear and Intimidator 305?

Yes, that is the one! I always thought just a jungle themed section would be cool, but I see how that could ruin the logo, the "theme", ect. 

Also, I like that Super Flume idea.
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
(11-16-2018, 03:23 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: Let me clarify. My friends are IN the GP. They aren't the GP as a whole. I do kinda think that something themed to a safari would be quite popular at Lagoon. Just don't add something like i305.
That "Safari Village" is a "Themed Area" inside Kings Dominion. It contains an "Air Force Base" and Flight of Fear and Intimidator 305, themed to Dale Earnhardt Jr.. Don't read so far into random bits. lol

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(11-16-2018, 03:30 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I think Lagoon should keep on doing what they are doing in just theming rides. They could be better at their themeing but I don't want a huge themed area at Lagoon.

You could consider Kiddyland a themed area with all the flowers and stuff they added in 2004. lol
Mother Gooseland was a themed area. That basically ended when it became Kiddie Land and all the theme elements except the big shoe were removed. The rides didn't really fit the theme, though.
(11-17-2018, 09:36 AM)Brăden Wrote: Mother Gooseland was a themed area. That basically ended when it became Kiddie Land and all the theme elements except the big shoe were removed. The rides didn't really fit the theme, though.

That's a good point.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(11-17-2018, 09:36 AM)Brăden Wrote: Mother Gooseland was a themed area. That basically ended when it became Kiddie Land and all the theme elements except the big shoe were removed. The rides didn't really fit the theme, though.
There once was a old woman who lived in a shoe.....next to a Heliport and Harbor. lol

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island