Lagoon as a Theme Park
(11-11-2018, 11:07 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Only a GP would say Theme parks are more popular than amusement parks. Lagoon has a theme, its a traditional American Amusement Park.

Technically... Lagoon TECHNICALLY has a theme. Most of the GP that go to Lagoon just don't notice the "theming". If Lagoon were to open up a new themed area of the park, it would likely be one of the most crowded areas of the park.
(11-12-2018, 05:43 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: Technically... Lagoon TECHNICALLY has a theme. Most of the GP that go to Lagoon just don't notice the "theming". If Lagoon were to open up a new themed area of the park, it would likely be one of the most crowded areas of the park.
No, the joke was that Lagoon has a theme, a Traditional Amusment Park. For someone who has obviously never worked in the industry, particularly in Operations, to insinuate your average guests don't notice the themeing Lagoon has is and on their rides is absolutely laughable! As Lagoon has stated many times, it's just not enough to install a new ride anymore. The public now expects themed rides. That is why they theme their rides now. There will never be a themed area beyond PV at Lagoon. PERIOD.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Well, I'm not one to speak for the general public, so I will stick to just speaking for myself. I don't want a big themed area at Lagoon. I personally feel that would ruin the Lagoon that I have come to love. Now that I have been to Disney World, I understand the allure and awesomeness of a theme park, and I can understand someone's desire for themed areas, but I say leave the themed areas to the theme parks. The way Lagoon has handled it works well for them. I have always said that what makes Lagoon so amazing is its uniqueness. I don't want Lagoon to be like other parks. I want Lagoon to remain Lagoon. Smile
(11-13-2018, 01:50 AM)Willenator Wrote: Well, I'm not one to speak for the general public, so I will stick to just speaking for myself. I don't want a big themed area at Lagoon. I personally feel that would ruin the Lagoon that I have come to love. Now that I have been to Disney World, I understand the allure and awesomeness of a theme park, and I can understand someone's desire for themed areas, but I say leave the themed areas to the theme parks. The way Lagoon has handled it works well for them. I have always said that what makes Lagoon so amazing is its uniqueness. I don't want Lagoon to be like other parks. I want Lagoon to remain Lagoon. Smile
Well said will.
(11-13-2018, 01:50 AM)Willenator Wrote: Well, I'm not one to speak for the general public, so I will stick to just speaking for myself. I don't want a big themed area at Lagoon. I personally feel that would ruin the Lagoon that I have come to love. Now that I have been to Disney World, I understand the allure and awesomeness of a theme park, and I can understand someone's desire for themed areas, but I say leave the themed areas to the theme parks. The way Lagoon has handled it works well for them. I have always said that what makes Lagoon so amazing is its uniqueness. I don't want Lagoon to be like other parks. I want Lagoon to remain Lagoon. Smile

Well said Will. I don't think Lagoon needs themed areas, outside of PV which I wish they would improve on, but other than that Lagoon should remain like it is. The theme per rides does get better but still has much room for improvement.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(11-13-2018, 02:44 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Well said Will. I don't think Lagoon needs themed areas, outside of PV which I wish they would improve on, but other than that Lagoon should remain like it is. The theme per rides does get better but still has much room for improvement.

I'm not even sold that the ride theming is all that it's cracked up to me, but I'm old[-fashioned].  Cannibal is fantastic, don't get me wrong, but Roller Coaster and Fire Dragon are still in my top three favorite rides at the park, and there's zero theme to either ride.  A little character is fine, but yeah... theming is definitely not "what fun is" to me.

And don't mess with PV too much... I like that it's a hidden gem, a quiet refuge from the hectic midway of the rest of the park.  Let it stay that way. Wink
Lagoon A Beach is sort of a themed area. If they were to build a new water park elsewhere they could still keep some of the Easter Island heads in what I'd guess would be an extended kiddieland. The Biergarten looks like it'll be a themed area. Cannibal, Spider and Jumping Dragon have themed areas that extend beyond the ride and queue. Tidal Wave sort of lies in a water themed area I guess. There could be a themed area developing around Dracula's Castle and Seance. Primordial sounds a lot like a theme park ride.

Lagoon isn't going to become Disneyland, but I get the impression they're stepping up their theme park-esque elements in an effort to appeal to a wider audience. I think it's a good thing and will make Lagoon more unique.
Banana

Several of my friends (who are in the GP) do want more themed areas at Lagoon. I personally think that they should just add one more themed area, and then just theme the rides. Also, I say that they should NEVER change PV, if they do, I would hope that it would be only the addition of one more water ride, maybe similar to Pulsar, at one of the Wallabi parks. (I can't remember what park it is, but I'm pretty sure it is Wallabi Belgium.)
Eat me alive if you all want to, but I always thought that a themed are like safari village at kings dominion would be cool.
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
(11-15-2018, 09:59 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: of my friends (who are in the GP) do want more themed areas at Lagoon. I personally think that they should just add one more themed area, and then just theme the rides. Also, I say that they should NEVER change PV, if they do, I would hope that it would be only the addition of one more water ride, maybe similar to Pulsar, at one of the Wallabi parks. (I can't remember what park it is, but I'm pretty sure it is Wallabi Belgium.)
So, several of your friends equals the General Public as a whole? lol I can only imagine what kinds of horror are found in and on Pulsar in that untreated water.....eeek! A Super Flume, like those from Whitewater West, are what I could see Lagoon eventually replacing Log Flume with, but that's all. There is just no way the NIMBY's in Farmington are going to allow a loud ride back there in PV.

(11-15-2018, 10:16 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: Eat me alive if you all want to, but I always thought that
Severala themed are like safari village at kings dominion would be cool.
You mean the same "Safari Village" with Flight of Fear and Intimidator 305?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island