Lagoon as a Theme Park
(11-10-2018, 10:12 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I wish them luck, its going to be an uphill battle.

Why would Lagoon buy them? I do not see Lagoon ever doing that.

Well, they would only want to get their theming department, which would put Lagoon up to the level of theming that most Merlin parks have. Theme parks have always attracted more visitors than amusement parks.
(11-11-2018, 02:59 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: Well, they would only want to get their theming department, which would put Lagoon up to the level of theming that most Merlin parks have. Theme parks have always attracted more visitors than amusement parks.
Canada's Wonderland, Cedar Point, and Six Flags Magic Mountain say Hi.

Have you read the Lagoon History Book, "Lagoon, America's Largest Family Owned Amusement Park?" Lagoon is not and never will be a Theme Park, and have you even been to a Merlin Theme Park? Guess what? I have. Alton Towers being called a Theme Park is a Joke. There is no underlying theme and the themed areas are Generic at Best. X-Sector? Forbidden Valley? Nemesis and Air/Galactica had nothing to do with each other Theme wise.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(11-11-2018, 03:17 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Canada's Wonderland, Cedar Point, and Six Flags Magic Mountain say Hi.

Have you read the Lagoon History Book, "Lagoon, America's Largest Family Owned Amusement Park?" Lagoon is not and never will be a Theme Park, and have you even been to a Merlin Theme Park? Guess what? I have. Alton Towers being called a Theme Park is a Joke. There is no underlying theme and the themed areas are Generic at Best. X-Sector? Forbidden Valley? Nemesis and Air/Galactica had nothing to do with each other Theme wise.

Win
(11-11-2018, 03:17 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Alton Towers being called a Theme Park is a Joke. There is no underlying theme and the themed areas are Generic at Best. X-Sector? Forbidden Valley? Nemesis and Air/Galactica had nothing to do with each other Theme wise.

Exactly. Lagoon would want some general theming. No over the top theming like Disney, but have every ride have decent theming. Even stylizing, like what Blackpool did with Icon would probably bring in more guests than just a ride with absolutely no theming whatsoever.. I understand that they would have to rename some rides, so that they could at least have a light theme, but I imagine that most people would be okay with that. Although, if they could introduce a coaster with Wicker Man's level of theming, I think that everyone would be happy.
(11-11-2018, 05:50 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: Exactly. Lagoon would want some general theming. No over the top theming like Disney, but have every ride have decent theming. Even stylizing, like what Blackpool did with Icon would probably bring in more guests than just a ride with absolutely no theming whatsoever.. I understand that they would have to rename some rides, so that they could at least have a light theme, but I imagine that most people would be okay with that. Although, if they could introduce a coaster with Wicker Man's level of theming, I think that everyone would be happy.
Before this discussion continues, I have several questions.

1) Have you EVER visited Lagoon?

2) Have you read "Lagoon, America's Largest Family Owned Amusment Park?

3) Have you EVER visited Alton Towers?

4) Have you EVER visited Blackpool Pleasure Beach?

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
(11-11-2018, 07:04 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Before this discussion continues, I have several questions.

1) Have you EVER visited Lagoon?

2) Have you read "Lagoon, America's Largest Family Owned Amusment Park?

3) Have you EVER visited Alton Towers?

4) Have you EVER visited Blackpool Pleasure Beach?

Before this discussion continues, now it is obvious where the term "Brit Brat" comes from.
(11-11-2018, 07:32 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: Before this discussion continues, now it is obvious where the term "Brit Brat" comes from.
So, since you've resorted to calling me a "Hot Girl," we can surmise you have A) Not visited Lagoon, B) Not read "Lagoon, America's Largest Family Owned Amusement Park, C) Never visited Alton Towers, and D) Never visited Blackpool Pleasure Beach.

According to TEA, Canada's Wonderland has the highest attendance of any seasonal park in North America with 3.76 Million Guests in 2017. Cedar Point with 3.6 Million, Kings Island with 3.4, and Six Flags Magic Mountain with 3.3 Million in 2017 respectively. Absolutely none of those parks are on the same level of immersive themeing as Disney or Universal, nor are they open year round, as of 2017.

Alton Towers had attendance of 2 Million in 2017, roughly the same as Lagoon, so please tell me how Theme Parks are more popular than Amusement Parks.

Lagoon is not and never will be a Theme Park. It is a Traditional Amusement Park, America's Largest Family Owned Amusement Park, and they are mighty proud of that. If Lagoon wanted to become a Theme Park, why would they have to buy Evermore to achieve that? There are literally dozens of companies in the Industry that could do just as well, if not better, and wouldn't mean acquiring another park.

Since you've obviously never been to Blackpool Pleasure Beach, you can't say that Icon's Area is any different than Cannibal's.

Just like Lagoon, Alton Tower's Wickerman only has themed elements on the ride and in the queue. Nothing extends beyond that. At least Cannibal does extend beyond the ride.

As DragonTamer said, your unsubstantiated claims are getting old. If you don't have anything to add to the discussion based remotely in reality, don't say it. There are many other places in this forum for your outlandish opinions.

Only a GP would say Theme parks are more popular than amusement parks. Lagoon has a theme, its a traditional American Amusement Park.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(11-11-2018, 07:32 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: Before this discussion continues, now it is obvious where the term "Brit Brat" comes from.

Uncalled for. If you weren't new to this forum you would know that linearinduction knows his stuff. Let's keep this what it's supposed to be...informational and fun.
(11-12-2018, 02:38 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: Uncalled for. If you weren't new to this forum you would know that linearinduction knows his stuff. Let's keep this what it's supposed to be...informational and fun.

Win
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West