[split] Queasiness on Rides
(11-04-2018, 04:32 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Everyone who has worked at Lagoon and on this forum have dozens of puke stories we'd be more than happy to share in full detail!

I try not to remember mine. Happy
(11-05-2018, 12:10 AM)Willenator Wrote: I try not to remember mine. Happy

I had four in one day on Flying Carpet.  I try, too... Oh man, do I try...
(11-05-2018, 12:18 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: I had four in one day on Flying Carpet.  I try, too... Oh man, do I try...

Didn't I hear that ride had a special ability to induce vomiting?
(11-05-2018, 02:38 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: Didn't I hear that ride had a special ability to induce vomiting?

Oh, heck yeah... between the reflective grating baking you in the sun, to having your neck craned up to the sky half the day, it would definitely make you want to throw up seeing it on your schedule.
(11-05-2018, 10:33 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: Oh, heck yeah... between the reflective grating baking you in the sun, to having your neck craned up to the sky half the day, it would definitely make you want to throw up seeing it on your schedule.
How about those thigh and leg sunburns?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(11-05-2018, 12:05 PM)linearinduction Wrote: How about those thigh and leg sunburns?

I actually went with the pants, so that was one thing I didn't have to worry about.  It was hot as hell, but at least my legs kept their Scottish pasty whiteness!
(11-06-2018, 06:24 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: I know that it is pretty normal for a ride to get puke on it, I just expect that it is cleaned up.

I'm offended! [Image: tongue.gif]   

Also, how did you know that I am a teenager? I don't have my birthday on my profile.
If you are the first person to discover it, before an operator can see it, how can you expect it to be cleaned up if the puker slips away? lol

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(11-06-2018, 06:24 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: I know that it is pretty normal for a ride to get puke on it, I just expect that it is cleaned up.

It would improve the ride experience! Happy
(11-06-2018, 06:24 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: I know that it is pretty normal for a ride to get puke on it, I just expect that it is cleaned up, IMMEDIATELY!!!

I'm offended! [Image: tongue.gif]   

Also, how did you know that I am a teenager? I don't have my birthday on my profile.

You misunderstood my comment. I was not referring to you, I was referring to the fact that most people who throw up on rides are teens, from what I have seen. I was just making a joke on how people who are in their teen years can not handle a mild ride, and my grandmother can. lol.
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
(11-07-2018, 10:43 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: ...people who are in their teen years can not handle a mild ride, and my grandmother can. lol.

Hey, I'm approaching middle age, and I can guarantee you that most of the spinny rides at Lagoon have long been off my ride list.  It's been a heck of a long time (30+ years) since I actually threw up at Lagoon, but just looking at Screamer makes me queasy.  I'll stomach Musik or Jumping Dragon for the nephews once or twice, but that's about my hard limit.  Samurai, Paratrooper, Air Race, Tilt, Scrambler... those are all on my "will ride only under duress" list.  I can still barely do Tidal Wave, Flying Aces, and Spider.  Heck, even Merry-go-Round makes me a little woozy.

Coasters are still fine, though.  Just can't do the "twirl 'n' hurl" rides anymore.