North Entrance Gate Rumor/Speculation
(11-07-2018, 01:44 AM)Willenator Wrote: Wouldn't it be awesome for Lagoon to use the available area where the old South bathroom was for a new entrance for campground users? That would be a fun perk for those staying at Lagoon's campground.
(11-07-2018, 01:52 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: I think they'll do it. They'd only need one person to man that gate if only campground users could use it. They'd save on gas from the shuttle. It would make a huge difference to everybody staying at the campground.
Since I have experience in such a facility (Resort Gate at Cedar Point), here's some things Lagoon would have to take into Consideration.

Who would use this Park Entrance? -

A Lagoon Campground Entrance/Gate (Campground Gate) wouldn't simply be used only by guests staying at the Lagoon Campground. Local residents of Farmington, Lagoonatics, those who did not park in the Lagoon Parking Lot, and those whom are smart enough to skip the main gate and use the Campground Gate, easily accessable from Lot B.

Infrastructure -

Because not everyoane using the Campground Gate would be Campers with Pre Paid Tickets to the Park, there would need to be at least one Ticket Window and Cashier. There would need to be at least 1 hand stamper for guests entering the park and for re-entry. There would also need to be some sort of Guest Services Supervisor and/or Manager to handle re-stamps. Basically, Lagoon would need to build a satellite Guest Services office with it, to handle guest complaints and such. Lagoon could make such an entrance only for Campers and only sell Passports to Campers, but one could only imagine the amount of complaints they would receive. This site alone would garner many, no doubt.

Labor -

Adding up the additional staffing requirements, you are looking at 3 to 5 staff members per shift from opening to close. Additionally, there would need to be a second rope drop, requiring more staff each morning. Sweeping the park after close would have to be re evaluated as well.

In conclusion, you are looking at more of a Western Ave. Knott's Entrance and not just a simple, only for Campers Entrance.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
They could only allow campground users to use that entrance. Give them unique campground wristbands instead of handstamps. Sell the tickets at the campground office at the time of check-in. No new ticket booths, no restamps. Just one guy/gal to give out and check wristbands at the gate. Save on gas for the shuttle and have happy campers.
Banana
(11-07-2018, 09:57 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: They could only allow campground users to use that entrance. Give them unique campground wristbands instead of handstamps. Sell the tickets at the campground office at the time of check-in. No new ticket booths, no restamps. Just one guy/gal to give out and check wristbands at the gate. Save on gas for the shuttle and have happy campers.

Wait the campsite has a shuttle? I have always liked the idea of building new entrance plazas, and with the old bathrooms gone in that area, they are definitely doing something. 

Off topic, but I am so sad that the season is over. Cry
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
(11-07-2018, 09:57 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: They could only allow campground users to use that entrance. Give them unique campground wristbands instead of handstamps. Sell the tickets at the campground office at the time of check-in. No new ticket booths, no restamps. Just one guy/gal to give out and check wristbands at the gate. Save on gas for the shuttle and have happy campers.
Could, but it doesn't make financial sense to...

A) Have "Campground Wristbands" in addition to those they already have/use up to 3 colors of wristbands per day, when Handstamps are much more economical.

B) There would be no more than a max of 100-200 persons per day utilizing the gate.

C) Lagoon has battery powered Cushman type vehicles with passenger trailers and using the existing UTA 667 Lagoon Shuttle makes the gas argument null and void.

There's simply no way to justify the expense and labor when you already have a main gate that is easily accessible.

(11-07-2018, 10:47 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: Wait the campsite has a shuttle? I have always liked the idea of building new entrance plazas, and with the old bathrooms gone in that area, they are definitely doing something. 

Off topic, but I am so sad that the season is over. Cry
It's UTA Route 667, Lagoon Shuttle.

They are doing something with it.....Improved Access Control and Emergency Contingency Plans. With the old south bathrooms gone, it would be possible to get a larger ladder truck on the south end of the park. No dumpsters however.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I think a new entrance gate would be great right there at the end of Cannibal on the west end. Remove DTR and the rides office and use that as the main entrance to the park right next to Cannibal.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(11-08-2018, 05:15 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I think a new entrance gate would be great right there at the end of Cannibal on the west end. Remove DTR and the rides office and use that as the main entrance to the park right next to Cannibal.

What if they built a 5 story entrance building that went from the west side of the Double Thunder Raceway and Cannibal to just east of the maintenance building and from west of the north side of Cannibal to south of the sidewalk so that the south end of the building lines up with the south side of the east west midway. The ground level should have the main entrance, a secondary entrance between DTR and Cannibal, the season pasport building, the ticket building, guest services, all the other stuff near the entrance, and on the north side put either a bowling alley or an indoor water park. On the first floor on the north side I think they should move the Music Express and the Boomerang to there. In the middle where it lines up with just south of the DTR I think they should put a top hat roller coaster in and I think the tower should be just south of where Scrambler is currently located and where some of the games are. On the south end I think they should put an indoor miniature golf course in. On the second floor on the north end I think they should move the arcade and Dracula's Castle to there and also put a laser tag in. On the south end I think they should put the west loading station to an East West Sky Ride in and I think the east loading station should be just north of the north entrance to Pioneer Village. On the third floor I think they should put some restaurants in and some picnic tables in and the upper half of the laser tag in and I also think they should move some of the games to there. On the fourth floor I think it should be mostly picnic tables and towards the south end I think they should put a dive coaster in and I think they should have it where the lift hill is at the end instead of at the beginning. I also think they should build a new maintenance building in the area between Park lane and Lagoon Drive and I think they should put some parking spaces where the maintenance building is currently located so there will just be one parking lot instead of two. I also think they should add 2 more drop off areas in. One just south of where the entrance to the parking lot is currently located and another one just southeast and across the street from where I think they should move the maintenance building to.
(11-08-2018, 11:19 PM)A00967505 Wrote: What if they built a 5 story entrance building that went from the west side of the Double Thunder Raceway and Cannibal to just east of the maintenance building and from west of the north side of Cannibal to south of the sidewalk so that the south end of the building lines up with the south side of the east west midway. The ground level should have the main entrance, a secondary entrance between DTR and Cannibal, the season pasport building, the ticket building, guest services, all the other stuff near the entrance, and on the north side put either a bowling alley or an indoor water park. On the first floor on the north side I think they should move the Music Express and the Boomerang to there. In the middle where it lines up with just south of the DTR I think they should put a top hat roller coaster in and I think the tower should be just south of where Scrambler is currently located and where some of the games are. On the south end I think they should put an indoor miniature golf course in. On the second floor on the north end I think they should move the arcade and Dracula's Castle to there and also put a laser tag in. On the south end I think they should put the west loading station to an East West Sky Ride in and I think the east loading station should be just north of the north entrance to Pioneer Village. On the third floor I think they should put some restaurants in and some picnic tables in and the upper half of the laser tag in and I also think they should move some of the games to there. On the fourth floor I think it should be mostly picnic tables and towards the south end I think they should put a dive coaster in and I think they should have it where the lift hill is at the end instead of at the beginning. I also think they should build a new maintenance building in the area between Park lane and Lagoon Drive and I think they should put some parking spaces where the maintenance building is currently located so there will just be one parking lot instead of two. I also think they should add 2 more drop off areas in. One just south of where the entrance to the parking lot is currently located and another one just southeast and across the street from where I think they should move the maintenance building to.
Very interesting idea....
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
(11-08-2018, 05:15 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I think a new entrance gate would be great right there at the end of Cannibal on the west end. Remove DTR and the rides office and use that as the main entrance to the park right next to Cannibal.

I would really want a new style of entrance, because the current one is just really dated... It would be cool if at some point, if Lagoon did build an entrance near Cannibal, if they built an in-house wing coaster to go over the entrance. Wing coasters are crowd pleasers. The GP absolutely loves wing coasters.
(11-07-2018, 01:44 AM)Willenator Wrote: Wouldn't it be awesome for Lagoon to use the available area where the old South bathroom was for a new entrance for campground users? That would be a fun perk for those staying at Lagoon's campground.

I like the idea except I think this new entrance should be for everyone. How much could it cost to have an employee with a hand stamp and computer access to verify? I do realize the main gate isn't really that far of a walk but let's face it, some people don't want to walk it. lol  Tongue
(11-10-2018, 04:53 PM)gregwibert Wrote: I like the idea except I think this new entrance should be for everyone. How much could it cost to have an employee with a hand stamp and computer access to verify? I do realize the main gate isn't really that far of a walk but let's face it, some people don't want to walk it. lol  Tongue

They could easily have the person that is running the camp side letting people into the park... Wouldn't be that hard if they put the office closer to the fence or made a fenced walk way from the camping office.