North Entrance Gate Rumor/Speculation
(10-30-2018, 08:45 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: If the area inside the old racetrack was all parking lot it would be absolutely massive. More than twice the size of the current lot. Here's what I'm thinking for the future maybe.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=850]

I like it. That is what I have envisioned as well. The north end expansion I have almost completed varies slightly from yours but has the same idea.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
Is it bad of me to want to push out that map and claim it is from Lagoon just to be evil? lol
(10-30-2018, 10:51 PM)Willenator Wrote: Is it bad of me to want to push out that map and claim it is from Lagoon just to be evil? lol

You'd get quite the response. Lol

Ya know I was thinking about a new gate on the north side of the park would make Sky Ride even more popular than it has been as it would function much like Cedar Points does as in it would be inline with the main trafffic flow.

(10-30-2018, 10:51 PM)Willenator Wrote: Is it bad of me to want to push out that map and claim it is from Lagoon just to be evil? lol

Just do it.
[Image: eabb5a78400de30f580dc51edbd7ac7d.png]

This is a very roughly colored in map of my north midway expansion plans. Once I have it completely finished it will all be shown off in a video.

(10-29-2018, 09:17 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: I just left the park and was thinking how old and tired the entrance is. I wonder if they haven't updated it because they're waiting until it moves.
I hope that they build the new entrance, and then close the current one, and then build it in the style that the new entrance would be in.
(10-30-2018, 08:45 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: If the area inside the old racetrack was all parking lot it would be absolutely massive. More than twice the size of the current lot. Here's what I'm thinking for the future maybe.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=850]

It would make sense for them to tear down the race track and have parking there. It wouldn't quite be twice the size of the current car park, but it would be close. Lagoon could also put a building in that area that could act as storage for Frigtmares attractions, but also double as a scare maze, possibly themed to Cannibal?
(11-06-2018, 06:39 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: I hope that they build the new entrance, and then close the current one, and then build it in the style that the new entrance would be in.

It would make sense for them to tear down the race track and have parking there. It wouldn't quite be twice the size of the current car park, but it would be close. Lagoon could also put a building in that area that could act as storage for Frigtmares attractions, but also double as a scare maze, possibly themed to Cannibal?
There will only be one New Entrance, the new one, per plans going back decades. There was talk about moving parking across the Freeway and shuttling people over, but that land is now under part of Station Park. Before anyone brings up the Campground, I'm sure those using it would have to use the Lagoon Shuttle to access the park entrance.

Let's not start on the Tacky Haunt Buildings used by Cedar Fair. They are an eyesore and totally detract from their surroundings. Lagoon has plenty of Trailers they use for FRIGHTMARES! storage and getting use out of Terraces for Group Sales and Group Foods during the regular season makes a heck of a lot more sense than having an empty building sitting there for 9 months out of the year doing nothing revenue wise.

It may also surprise people to know that the FRIGHTMARES! houses actually double as Off Season Preventative Maintenance Workshops and the Terraces for Storage.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(11-06-2018, 10:02 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Before anyone brings up the Campground, I'm sure those using it would have to use the Lagoon Shuttle to access the park entrance.

Wouldn't it be awesome for Lagoon to use the available area where the old South bathroom was for a new entrance for campground users? That would be a fun perk for those staying at Lagoon's campground.
(11-07-2018, 01:44 AM)Willenator Wrote: Wouldn't it be awesome for Lagoon to use the available area where the old South bathroom was for a new entrance for campground users? That would be a fun perk for those staying at Lagoon's campground.

I think they'll do it. They'd only need one person to man that gate if only campground users could use it. They'd save on gas from the shuttle. It would make a huge difference to everybody staying at the campground.
Banana