North Entrance Gate Rumor/Speculation
(10-28-2018, 10:33 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: If they move the entrance where would they want to put the auto gate?

I've actually had a theory on this. I believe it is possible that Lagoon my keep the auto gate in its current location and then you just drive over to the new entrance. Cars would first fill up in what we now refer to as the overflow lot and when that is full, cars would then just fill up the rest of the parking lot that is currently used as the main lot.

Edit:

I also just realized Lagoon is using the old barrel garbage cans on top of the pilings. That made me chuckle.
(10-29-2018, 05:36 PM)Willenator Wrote: I've actually had a theory on this. I believe it is possible that Lagoon my keep the auto gate in its current location and then you just drive over to the new entrance. Cars would first fill up in what we now refer to as the overflow lot and when that is full, cars would then just fill up the rest of the parking lot that is currently used as the main lot.

Edit:

I also just realized Lagoon is using the old barrel garbage cans on top of the pilings. That made me chuckle.
Except years ago, Dick Andrew said in an interview that the Auto Gate was being moved to the north end of the property as had been planned for many years.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(10-28-2018, 08:24 PM)DeLorean Wrote: I noticed the same thing, but just haven't sent you a picture.
I will give it a couple of weeks and then take the drone out

(10-29-2018, 03:24 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Yes, and please don't fly your drone over Lagoon property. There was a drone flown over the north end of the park last summer that caused Sky Scraper, Rocket, Paratrooper, and Cannibal to shut down for 15 minutes.

Definitely shouldn't be flying a drone over an operating park, don't know the legalities of flying over a closed park. Doesn't matter, the entire construction area should be visible to a drone that doesn't even enter the space above Lagoon's property and just remains above 200 N, a public street that is immediately adjacent to the construction area.

I'd say check it out before it snows.

(10-29-2018, 06:23 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Except years ago, Dick Andrew said in an interview that the Auto Gate was being moved to the north end of the property as had been planned for many years.

I'm wondering where... Maybe Lagoon Drive will go straight in to the park where the turn is by the DMV, or maybe you'll turn in where the annex building is.
I like dark rides and I love tacos

I just left the park and was thinking how old and tired the entrance is. I wonder if they haven't updated it because they're waiting until it moves.
(10-29-2018, 08:25 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Definitely shouldn't be flying a drone over an operating park, don't know the legalities of flying over a closed park. Doesn't matter, the entire construction area should be visible to a drone that doesn't even enter the space above Lagoon's property and just remains above 200 N, a public street that is immediately adjacent to the construction area.

I'd say check it out before it snows.

I'm wondering where... Maybe Lagoon Drive will go straight in to the park where the turn is by the DMV, or maybe you'll turn in where the annex building is.
The new Auto Gate was to replace the homes along Park Lane that Lagoon tore down years ago.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Oh I know, Lagoon is finally creating a second park called Utah Adventure using the north field. Tongue
(10-30-2018, 10:39 AM)Willenator Wrote: Oh I know, Lagoon is finally creating a second park called Utah Adventure using the north field. Tongue
It's about time for Lagoon's second gate Tee Hee
(10-30-2018, 02:49 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: It's about time for Lagoon's second gate Tee Hee

You Mean 4 gate...... 
Lagoon park gate 1
PV gate 2 
LAB gate 3
(10-30-2018, 09:17 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: How about this size for the new expansion?
[Image: 74531ce3c48fdf352a608a4b7b5bd7b8.jpg]

The only problem that I see is where are they going to park everyone once the main parking is full?
A few weeks ago we had to park in the blue section that you marked. I was literally parked right in the middle there.
Lagoon is going to need to figure out this parking issue with in the next few years or they are really going to start limiting themselves.
I am all for newer and bigger rides, but with as we all know as lagoon grows the park is getting more and more crowded.

Looking at google maps for Silverwood (Which I have not been too, but I think that it's very comparable to Lagoon) you can see where Silverwood has expanded their parking.
I understand that they expanded on their water park and that has made a big impact on how many guest they can have.
Now I am not claiming to be a Civil Engineer, but I see that Lagoon is going to need to do a few things over the next 5 years.

1st: is building a new gate. I would like to have it reflect the old school gate - once you come though the gate you should have an option to go to the theme park and then also have an option to the new water park. Very close to how Silverwood is set up.
2nd: Build a new water park bigger and nicer - Give it some draw by building something eye catching that will be seen from I15
3rd: Fill in the LAB area with either A) Rides, B) maintenance C) a really nice food court - This last one actually being a great idea... cause it will connect Rattle Snake, flog flume and Pioneer Village better with the rest of the park.
4th: Build a parking garage - I would do something like Disney Land has done... Giving room for cars to pile up. I can see that Silverwood has thought about this. I am sure with as popular as lagoon is getting they should be thinking about traffic. Also have a good exit. Interesting it looks like Silverwood used to have an exit off of their I95.
5th: Expand the park where the current parking is now Maybe a really good RMC?!?!

Now if the Lotto can get back up to the 2 billion again and I actually play it and win this may happen lol
If the area inside the old racetrack was all parking lot it would be absolutely massive. More than twice the size of the current lot. Here's what I'm thinking for the future maybe.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=850]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I like dark rides and I love tacos