Thing the Dippin' Dots guy says :P
(10-24-2018, 05:43 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Bigger doesn't always mean better. Also bigger could be a relative term.

Cannibal is honestly not big of a rollercoaster, it's a compact footprint and compact.  It's a big coaster for lagoon, but not huge compared to like cedar point.
(10-24-2018, 06:05 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: Cannibal is honestly not big of a rollercoaster, it's a compact footprint and compact.  It's a big coaster for lagoon, but not huge compared to like cedar point.

True not big in land usage size as like most of Lagoons rides built in a square plots. Cannibal is still a big coaster, just a compact footprint.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(10-24-2018, 06:05 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: Cannibal is honestly not big of a rollercoaster, it's a compact footprint and compact.  It's a big coaster for lagoon, but not huge compared to like cedar point.
A world class ride like Cannibal is HUGE at any park. Cedar Point would be lucky to have such a ride.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(10-24-2018, 05:36 PM)1stRainbowRose Wrote: I really did hear this from a cannibal gift shop employee, but since she was passing it on from what she said was head of security it's hearsay enough to go here:

Apparently are investing 40$ mil into the north end, including. He had seen the blueprints and it included a new enterence. He also saw the blueprints for Primordial and it was supposed to be bigger than cannibal.
In case anyone was wondering....THIS is along the lines of what I have heard from multiple sources and 1stRainbowRose has earned her stripes, so I believe her.

The plot of land for the Ride Building is HUGE! I've heard before that $40 Million is the joke "cost" of Cannibal. lol $40 Million would be what one would expect with a new Ride Building, Ride, Park Entrance Relocation, Park Offices, and Auto Gate/Parking Lot realignment.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
I think until we actually see blue prints of the new ride almost all the sources we hear information is hearsay. A lot of the people giving out info are just regular employees, so unless u hear it from someone like in maintainai nce associated with building the ride I would take it as a rumour.
(10-24-2018, 06:57 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: I think until we actually see blue prints of the new ride almost all the sources we hear information is hearsay. A lot of the people giving out info are just regular employees, so unless u hear it from someone like in maintainai nce associated with building the ride I would take it as a rumour.
I highly doubt we'll ever see any blue prints, but what I know and what you've heard must be different.

(10-24-2018, 07:01 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I highly doubt we'll ever see any blue prints, but what I know and what you've heard must be different.

The only blue prints I have ever seen of a new ride was Terroride when it was being redone. Every other ride was kept a huge secret.
(10-24-2018, 06:40 PM)linearinduction Wrote: In case anyone was wondering....THIS is along the lines of what I have heard from multiple sources and 1stRainbowRose has earned her stripes, so I believe her.

The plot of land for the Ride Building is HUGE! I've heard before that $40 Million is the joke "cost" of Cannibal. lol $40 Million would be what one would expect with a new Ride Building, Ride, Park Entrance Relocation, Park Offices, and Auto Gate/Parking Lot realignment.

That sounds pretty sweet. Seems like the park might be aiming to make it the signature ride if it's also the entrance. I've been thinking for a long time they should build a dark-ride that crafts Lagoon's various characters into a story. Perhaps it won't be so much about dinosaurs and more about dragons, dragonflies, whales, ladybugs and so on.
I like dark rides

Lagoon has been discussing moving the entrance to the north side for at least 20 years that I'm aware of. I remember being told about it when I worked there in 1998. It will be interesting to finally see if it happens after all these years. If you think about it, Cannibal's waterfall design was done in a way that plans for people to see it before entering the park via a north entrance.
(10-24-2018, 11:05 PM)Willenator Wrote: Lagoon has been discussing moving the entrance to the north side for at least 20 years that I'm aware of. I remember being told about it when I worked there in 1998. It will be interesting to finally see if it happens after all these years. If you think about it, Cannibal's waterfall design was done in a way that plans for people to see it before entering the park via a north entrance.
Yes I also believe that is part of their master plan. I found it strange after seeing the waterfall for the first time that it would not be accessible from inside the park.