Heber Valley Railroad #300 restoration!
Heber Valley Railroad posted a couple of great images of the Heber Creeper that they are getting back into operation. Its looking good!

=68.ARCK8wVDAa2BtzrOUVrOTRpRR9WnKtVjus3mEPb_d2AmyNbDCMmXF0Tf8VtSY8f209ziDWWRibv2_BMYN-TiEVq9reQ7isktBXF9BxjD8DCi1toqPdZOxmBRIS3r_Hqc9cPGYINRajf-57Np84B08NEFGCb0L5nEqmghZkPOyTAJEQEuo2ZFtWWUzqd-UAcv8p7y7Ed6nBELiPIu2xXe1OU]HBR FB Page
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(10-17-2018, 01:39 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Heber Valley Railroad posted a couple of great images of the Heber Creeper that they are getting back into operation. Its looking good!

=68.ARCK8wVDAa2BtzrOUVrOTRpRR9WnKtVjus3mEPb_d2AmyNbDCMmXF0Tf8VtSY8f209ziDWWRibv2_BMYN-TiEVq9reQ7isktBXF9BxjD8DCi1toqPdZOxmBRIS3r_Hqc9cPGYINRajf-57Np84B08NEFGCb0L5nEqmghZkPOyTAJEQEuo2ZFtWWUzqd-UAcv8p7y7Ed6nBELiPIu2xXe1OU]HBR FB Page
Unless something has radically changed, #300 is only undergoing a cosmetic restoration. #618 and #75 are the only locos undergoing restoration for operation.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(10-17-2018, 05:06 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Unless something has radically changed, #300 is only undergoing a cosmetic restoration. #618 and #75 are the only locos undergoing restoration.

Even if it is only a cosmetic restoration is looking good. I'll have to check with my Wife's cousin, he works up there doing work on the engines and see. He did tell me last time I spoke with him that Heber Valley was making parts for the Big Boy Restoration that is underway by the Union Pacific.

(10-17-2018, 05:09 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Even if it is only a cosmetic restoration is looking good. I'll have to check with my Wife's cousin, he works up there doing work on the engines and see. He did tell me last time I spoke with him that Heber Valley was making parts for the Big Boy Restoration that is underway by the Union Pacific.
That would be something very new, considering they don't have the funding to do work for their own locos. I can't believe that HVR would have tooling that the UP Steam Shops wouldn't have.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(10-17-2018, 05:26 PM)linearinduction Wrote: That would be something very new, considering they don't have the funding to do work for their own locos. I can't believe that HVR would have tooling that the UP Steam Shops wouldn't have.

Yeah, agree... that sounds doubtful; not impossible, but unlikely as.  The only thing I can think is that with the May 10th deadline fast approaching, they may have more money than man hours in Cheyenne & granted out a few less-critical fab jobs (maybe even parts for the tender) to regional shops, but... I mean if they don't have it in Cheyenne for a standard gauge Big Boy class... ain't nowhere else going to have it.

Always good to hear about Heber Valley making improvements, though...
I was skeptical at first too but he is a quiet person and who doesn't speak much and isn't known to lie so I tend to believe him especially as he is one of the machines/ mechanics for the Heber Valley Railroad.