Lagoon Capacity
(10-15-2018, 03:19 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: I really think that Lagoon could do well with re-doing their parking system. Make it free, and do what Holiday World does, and just factor it into the cost of park entry. Maybe they could just leave the price of entry to the park at the pricing that they do for Frightmares.
That's never going to happen. I have been to allot of parks across the country and they all charge. Usually way more than Lagoon. If you go to Lagoon frequently you should buy a parking pass. Sometime in the future it's possible they will build a parking structure but Lagoon has so much unused land I don't see that happening anytime soon.
(10-15-2018, 03:19 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: I really think that Lagoon could do well with re-doing their parking system. Make it free, and do what Holiday World does, and just factor it into the cost of park entry. Maybe they could just leave the price of entry to the park at the pricing that they do for Frightmares.
Holiday World is 125 Acres, has 5 Roller Coasters, 51 Rides (Including Water Park Slides), and has focused heavily on their Water Park and an annual attendance of around 1.1 Million.

Lagoon, on the other hand, is 225 Acres, has 10 Roller Coasters, 53 Rides, and an annual attendance of 1.7 Million.

Comparing the two is simply unfair to Holiday World, as Lagoon is America's Largest Family Owned Amusement Park.

You state that you'd like to visit Six Flags Magic Mountain and Cedar Point; Parking Cost: $25

For some comparisons....
Kings Island: $17
Six Flags Great America: $30
Busch Gardens Williamsburg: $18
Disneyland: $20
Knott's Berry Farm: $17

What I would like to see is the option to have Parking included in a Premium Season Passport.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I really, really like that premium season pass idea. Maybe with that they could include a percentage discount on food and merchandise like allot of parks offer with their passes.
What my group has always thought was
Regular: As is
Silver: Parking included, 10% discount on park purchases, one fast pass per visit (these use the handicapped enterence.)
Gold: Parking, one day reserved parking, one buddy pass, 15% off purchases, three fast passes per visit
(10-15-2018, 08:52 PM)1stRainbowRose Wrote: What my group has always thought was
Silver: Parking included, 10% discount on park purchases, one fast pass per visit (these use the handicapped enterence.)
Gold: Parking, one day reserved parking, one buddy pass, 15% off purchases, three fast passes per visit
I like the tiers you've worked out. How would the fast passes work ( wristband, paper ticket, ect.)?
(10-15-2018, 08:52 PM)1stRainbowRose Wrote: What my group has always thought was

Lagoon doesn't do a "Skip the Line" Pass during the regular season because the lines are never long enough to warrant them. Lagoon only do them for Frightmares! because it is Seasonal. Absolutely no park in the world with a Premium Skip the Line Pass System gives it away to anyone. Giving each and every Premium Season Passport Holder a Skip the Line Pass every visit would more than likely double Cannibal's Queue Time. Not to mention, costs for additional staff to handle it, and additional staff in Guest Services and operations to explain to Buck and Wanda from Idaho, with their 17 Children, that they would have to purchase/upgrade to a Season Passport to be able to use it. Thinking about it gives me headaches!

Preferred Parking is very limited and people pay a premium to park close to the front entrance. Giving that away makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

The last time I'm completely positive Lagoon did a Buddy Pass was 2000, because I have a Buddy Pass Coupon.

Bottom line is, Lagoon's Season Pass Sales are only increasing, without giving anything away. Why change that? I wouldn't mind paying another $25-$45 for a Season Parking Pass add on to my Season Passport.

I don't really care about F&B and Merch Discounts, but in order to accurately use and track them, the whole park would require POS Systems at every location. So far, only Carousel Plaza, Zeppe's, Subway, Arby's, Grandma Christy's, Swig, and Bakery Fresh have POS Systems Currently. While it seems Lagoon is working towards that, I still find Lagoon's F&B and Merch Price Points reasonable.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(10-15-2018, 09:51 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Lagoon doesn't do a "Skip the Line" Pass during the regular season because the lines are never long enough to warrant them.

I'd gladly pay $5 or $10 more per ticket to get a Fast Pass for Skycoaster.  The ride is ran so inefficiently now, I just don't have time to wait as long as they are taking to turn over that queue anymore.  Last time I tried, it was over an hour from where I entered the queue to where I'd have been walking out on the flight line; just not worth it.  (And that was in the middle of a not super busy day.)

Apart from that, you're right.  Cannibal is the only other ride I'd even consider it for, and the only reason I'd do that is that 95% of the time I'm on the park, it's with family, and my time to go off & ride grown-up rides is super limited.  Would be nice to sneak in a couple quick coaster hits while the kids are off doing something for a few minutes.
So I am heading to the park on Thursday, and I am kinda wondering about what time I should get there so that I am there before it hits capacity.
(10-16-2018, 03:10 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: So I am heading to the park on Thursday, and I am kinda wondering about what time I should get there so that I am there before it hits capacity.

Most people in Utah go to Disneyland over UEA. So I don't think you have any worries.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
UEA - Utah Enters Anaheim

That being said we will be at the park also on Thursday... hoping that it will not be as busy as last Saturday!