Frightmares GP?
Since it is in season, what are some of the stupid frightmares comments you guys have heard? Here is one I heard.

I was walking by Nightwalk, and a lady was standing with her daughter who was screaming at the top of her lungs, over nothing. This was the mom's comments to an employee. "I thought Lagoon is a family friendly park? Why did the people in Nightwalk not care that my daughter was young?" I was in a rush, so this was all I heard.

Man, people who do not read the rules.
I heard one girl crying because they scared her when she went into funhouse of fear. She kept saying she was afraid of clowns and they should posted there was clowns. Lol. Two clowns outside and one reading the rules wasn’t enough.
Very new at coasters because I have light motion sickness that has been unpredictable. But here it goes 10 roller coasters and counting.
All I can say is what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. It also helps your therapist afford that high dollar car, boat and house. Lol
(09-28-2018, 04:09 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: Since it is in season, what are some of the stupid frightmares comments you guys have heard? Here is one I heard.

I was walking by Nightwalk, and a lady was standing with her daughter who was screaming at the top of her lungs, over nothing. This was the mom's comments to an employee. "I thought Lagoon is a family friendly park? Why did the people in Nightwalk not care that my daughter was young?" I was in a rush, so this was all I heard.

Man, people who do not read the rules.

Yeah, I had to roll my eyes big time over that one (considering Nightwalk has the "5 spider" scariness rating and all).

I have been a seasonal haunted house employee myself, and as I tell people (especially people with young kids), unless a particliar haunted attraction is specifically advertised as being kid-friendly, you absolutely must plan on the assumption that it most certainly is not (yes, even here in Utah!), because far more often than not it's designed with the intent of scaring the bejeebers out of teenagers and adults.
Here is two more I have heard.

2 girls were walking out of Malevolent Mansion saying "Where were the zombies? That was zombie lockdown, but I did not see any zombies." 

I saw parents with a child under 4 arguing he could handle séance to the front desk people. I was standing in the ticket line, and this is what I heard. "He can handle it! He can close his eyes! It is just a recommendation!" The father was saying, while his kid was literally speaking gibberish, that is how young he was. Also, what is the point in buying tickets if they are not even going to look at? Save the tickets for people who really want to see it. Its like people who wait in line for rattlesnake rapids only to wear raincoats. Also, some people were calling the nightmare midway twisted tales, which is about 3 years ago, so they have some catching up to do.
(09-30-2018, 12:26 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: ...Its like people who wait in line for rattlesnake rapids only to wear raincoats...

Like me?  Sorry for the off-topic, but I won't ride it without a poncho, and that's on the rare times my nephews are begging me to go.  For me, the waterfall ruins one of the best rides at Lagoon.  RR is hands-down the best-themed, most enjoyable area of the park for me, and when the ride was first built, I loved going on it:  sure, you'd get the occasional splash here & there and get your shirt a bit wet maybe.  But now, you're guaranteed to be soaked to the bone because of that stupid waterfall.  I don't enjoy spending half the day walking around soaking wet (and neither does most of my family) with my clothes sticking to me, but once in awhile it's still fun to enjoy the spot-on themeing and gorgeous landscaping up at RR, so we go with ponchos.

That's a legitimate reason, and it's not defeating the purpose of the ride.  It's letting people still enjoy the ride that don't like one small aspect of it.

That said, WTF is any parent thinking bringing any kid that young to Seance?  It's not remotely appropriate, and they're not going to be able to handle it at that age.  Plus, it's going to detract from other paying guests' experience, something me wearing a poncho on RR is definitely not going to do.  Completely different beasts; not a fair comparison.
(09-30-2018, 12:46 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Like me?  Sorry for the off-topic, but I won't ride it without a poncho, and that's on the rare times my nephews are begging me to go.  For me, the waterfall ruins one of the best rides at Lagoon.  RR is hands-down the best-themed, most enjoyable area of the park for me, and when the ride was first built, I loved going on it:  sure, you'd get the occasional splash here & there and get your shirt a bit wet maybe.  But now, you're guaranteed to be soaked to the bone because of that stupid waterfall.  I don't enjoy spending half the day walking around soaking wet (and neither does most of my family) with my clothes sticking to me, but once in awhile it's still fun to enjoy the spot-on themeing and gorgeous landscaping up at RR, so we go with ponchos.

That's a legitimate reason, and it's not defeating the purpose of the ride.  It's letting people still enjoy the ride that don't like one small aspect of it.

That said, WTF is any parent thinking bringing any kid that young to Seance?  It's not remotely appropriate, and they're not going to be able to handle it at that age.  Plus, it's going to detract from other paying guests' experience, something me wearing a poncho on RR is definitely not going to do.  Completely different beasts; not a fair comparison.

Can't wait to see how parents rationalize letting their kids into the Biergarten next season. lol
(09-30-2018, 01:54 PM)gregwibert Wrote: Can't wait to see how parents rationalize letting their kids into the Biergarten next season. lol

Amen. People in this state Rolleyes ...
(09-30-2018, 12:46 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Like me?  Sorry for the off-topic, but I won't ride it without a poncho, and that's on the rare times my nephews are begging me to go.  For me, the waterfall ruins one of the best rides at Lagoon.  RR is hands-down the best-themed, most enjoyable area of the park for me, and when the ride was first built, I loved going on it:  sure, you'd get the occasional splash here & there and get your shirt a bit wet maybe.  But now, you're guaranteed to be soaked to the bone because of that stupid waterfall.  I don't enjoy spending half the day walking around soaking wet (and neither does most of my family) with my clothes sticking to me, but once in awhile it's still fun to enjoy the spot-on themeing and gorgeous landscaping up at RR, so we go with ponchos.

I did not mean to offend you are anything, that was just something I thought off, people taking up spots in line for a wet ride to not want to get wet, but your right that is a very good reason, so sorry if I offended you. Also of topic, but that area is to hard for me to hang around in anymore due to the stupid wasp problem. I used to just sit on a bench drinking a swig soda and listen to the water, but now I cant sit down without bees swarming me.
Three people this year have walked out of the mansion thinking it was still zombie lockdown, which is a little anyoing going inside of it with a bunch of obnoxious teens who keep saying, "That is not a zombie." To all the actors.