Round 1 Japanese Arcade in Sandy!?
In one of the discussions about gametime a while back I was talking about the awesome arcades in Japan. Well, it turns out that one of them recently opened at The Shops at South Town (formerly Southtowne Mall)!?

It's called Round 1. I had been to Round 1 in Osaka, Japan and Hiroshima, Japan and stumbling across one in Sandy, UT made me question reality for a while, but it's really there. At first glance it might look like All-Star lanes but it has way more and way better stuff in it. Like Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart, UFO Catchers, Tournament games, PuriKura, Medal Games and all sorts of other inexplicable Japanese stuff. Also, Japanese style bowling, Karaoke rooms, and of course a bar.

It doesn't have everything the Japanese ones have though, I can't smoke in there and there's no medal games (elaborate coin-pushers) as big as a school bus. Those are my favorite parts of the Japanese arcades, but it does have alcohol and PuriKura (interactive photo-booths that make you 'prettier') and that's another one of my favorites when you mix the two.

https://www.amusementrc.com/2017/05/09/s...und-1-fec/

Has anybody else been there? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.
I like dark rides

(09-26-2018, 04:29 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: In one of the discussions about gametime a while back I was talking about the awesome arcades in Japan. Well, it turns out that one of them recently opened at The Shops at South Town (formerly Southtowne Mall)!?

It's called Round 1. I had been to Round 1 in Osaka, Japan and Hiroshima, Japan and stumbling across one in Sandy, UT made me question reality for a while, but it's really there. At first glance it might look like All-Star lanes but it has way more and way better stuff in it. Like Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart, UFO Catchers, Tournament games, PuriKura, Medal Games and all sorts of other inexplicable Japanese stuff. Also, Japanese style bowling, Karaoke rooms, and of course a bar.

It doesn't have everything the Japanese ones have though, I can't smoke in there and there's no medal games (elaborate coin-pushers) as big as a school bus. Those are my favorite parts of the Japanese arcades, but it does have alcohol and PuriKura (interactive photo-booths that make you 'prettier') and that's another one of my favorites when you mix the two.

https://www.amusementrc.com/2017/05/09/s...und-1-fec/

Has anybody else been there? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.
Is it actually open? They haven't completed the Dillard's renovations yet, as they are still taking it back to the skeleton.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(09-26-2018, 08:29 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Is it actually open? They haven't completed the Dillard's renovations yet, as they are still taking it back to the skeleton.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

The building is all torn apart, but it's open.
I like dark rides

Sounds exciting. I'm always looking for stuff to do during Lagoon's off season. I'll probably go check 'er out.
I've wanted to check it out too, Braden probably would too.