SFGAm announces Maxx Force....
(10-24-2018, 11:44 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Could be? Could be the angle? Everytime I ride in the front row of Cannibal, I'm still amazed looking at the huge size of the Bogies and Rails. Still hard to believe at times that Lagoon has something as big and spectacular as Cannibal.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Cannibal is a masterpiece. The first half is almost pure perfection in its combination of a great drop, and the line of elements afterward. The 2nd half is a little lack luster but better than Wicked's 2nd half lol. (I've got a good list now of ideas in a Cannibal: Remixed video)

(10-25-2018, 01:58 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: So is their air launch kind of a horizontal version of rocket?

Basically. It works like Intamin's hydraulic launch in that a catch car is used to accelerate the train up to speed but instead of being hydraulically powered its compressed air. S&S Holds the world record for fastest acceleration for Do-Dodonpa built in 2001. It goes from 0 to 111 mph in 1.6 seconds. That is insanely quick. Especially considering TTD takes 4 seconds to get up to 120 mph.

Its been a while since I've been to SFGAm it was a good park but their last few installations have made it much better in my opinion those additions being X Flight, Goliath and now Maxx Force.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(10-25-2018, 08:34 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Cannibal is a masterpiece. The first half is almost pure perfection in its combination of a great drop, and the line of elements afterward. The 2nd half is a little lack luster but better than Wicked's 2nd half lol. (I've got a good list now of ideas in a Cannibal: Remixed video)

Basically. It works like Intamin's hydraulic launch in that a catch car is used to accelerate the train up to speed but instead of being hydraulically powered its compressed air. S&S Holds the world record for fastest acceleration for Do-Dodonpa built in 2001. It goes from 0 to 111 mph in 1.6 seconds. That is insanely quick. Especially considering TTD takes 4 seconds to get up to 120 mph.

Its been a while since I've been to SFGAm it was a good park but their last few installations have made it much better in my opinion those additions being X Flight, Goliath and now Maxx Force.
Top Thrill Dragster is 3.2 Seconds, but the point stands. lol

With essentially the removal of the Mardi Gras/New Orleans section with the addition of Superman, Dark Knight Coaster, Joker, and installation of a Larson Superloop, I would agree.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island

SFGMa released a full animated POV of Maxx Force. While short I think it will be a fun ride.

(01-24-2019, 03:50 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t9HZy1OV6k

SFGMa released a full animated POV of Maxx Force. While short I think it will be a fun ride.
That little hop after the launch will be especially awesome!
I'm impressed. Six Flags actually looks like they took more than 30 seconds to decide on something.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(01-24-2019, 04:21 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I'm impressed. Six Flags actually looks like they took more than 30 seconds to decide on something.

SFGAm is a goos park and they get some unique rides. I need to make a trip back there one of these years.

(10-25-2018, 01:58 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: So is their air launch kind of a horizontal version of rocket?
Kinda, but not really. Rocket and Maxx Force both use compressed air, but Maxx Force will have the train slide onto a launch sled, similar to what the Intamin Accelerators do.