Disney World
(10-15-2018, 10:05 PM)linearinduction Wrote: WHOA, WHOA, WHOA!!!!! Pump the Brakes!

I, a person whom never cared for Nightmare Before Christmas, absolutely LOVES Holiday Mansion! I NEVER thought I would say I preferred Nightmare Before Christmas Mansion over the Original, but in 2003, I was Changed forever! I can hardly wait to see it again in a couple weeks. Riding regular Mansion in the summer of 2011 just wasn't as amazing as Holiday Mansion. I am a true convert!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
I also fall into your camp. I'll take Haunted Mansion Holiday any day over the regular mansion. Just the exterior is worth the change over.
You gotta remember though, I had never been on it. I wanted as much of the classic experience as I could get.
(10-12-2018, 11:05 PM)Willenator Wrote: Just got back from Disney World. What a trip! I've never been to a place with that much to do before. I thought Cedar Point had a lot going for it, but Disney World was just a whole other level I never expected. I'm sure some of you would like to see some pictures, so I will get them uploaded to OneDrive after going through all of them and then share.

I will say that I got a bit emotional halfway through the trip. The Haunted Mansion is kind of the reason that I run Lagoon Is Fun, and I never thought I would get a chance any time soon to ride it. I realize that may sound weird, but it connects in a series of events. It was when I was much younger, I saw a special on TV about the Haunted Mansion discussing the ride, the history, and the story behind it. I was so fascinated by it all that I wanted to do stuff with theme parks. Since I live in Utah, I didn't have many options as a 16-year-old, so I ended up working at Lagoon. I enjoyed Lagoon so much I went on to make this website when I stopped working at Lagoon. When I found out I was going to Disney World, I knew I had to get on the Haunted Mansion because it was the ride that got me interested in theme and amusement parks. However, I was worried because of my size that I wouldn't be able to ride, but I did fit, and the ride was amazing. I ended up riding multiple times. It was the end of the first ride that I had to take a moment and just be happy that I finally got to ride the one ride outside of Lagoon that I knew so well without ever going on it.

I was actually surprised at how roomy the doombuggies, and I wasn't aware that Disney implemented the omnimover design on multiple rides. I focused on Haunted Mansion growing up and never really got into the other Disney stuff. I was more of a fan of amusement parks than I was theme parks growing up since it was only amusement parks that I ever went to. As I started researching the different ride vehicle designs implemented at Disney World, I realized that I could enjoy much more than just the Haunted Mansion after seeing how the seat worked. That sparked a very long day of running around to all the other omnimover rides.

I never thought I'd step foot in a Disney park anytime soon. This trip was a total surprise and a ton of fun. I would love to do it again, but I think I'd love to give Disneyland a try too someday. As an amusement park fan, I can say that I see the appeal of theme parks now. Happy

I'm glad you got to go on it. Last time I went on it was maybe 28 years ago at Disneyland. It sounds like you pretty much just went on dark rides? I rode a few nice dark rides 2 years ago at Disneysea.
Banana
(10-15-2018, 10:05 PM)linearinduction Wrote: WHOA, WHOA, WHOA!!!!! Pump the Brakes!

I, a person whom never cared for Nightmare Before Christmas, absolutely LOVES Holiday Mansion! I NEVER thought I would say I preferred Nightmare Before Christmas Mansion over the Original, but in 2003, I was Changed forever! I can hardly wait to see it again in a couple weeks. Riding regular Mansion in the summer of 2011 just wasn't as amazing as Holiday Mansion. I am a true convert!

I personally like the regular Mansion. The holiday one is eh.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(10-16-2018, 03:35 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: I'm glad you got to go on it. Last time I went on it was maybe 28 years ago at Disneyland. It sounds like you pretty much just went on dark rides? I rode a few nice dark rides 2 years ago at Disneysea.
Yeah. I stuck to what I could fit on. I only watched the roller coasters operate for a bit. I wanted to ride them too, but I didn't dare try.
(10-16-2018, 12:25 AM)Willenator Wrote: You gotta remember though, I had never been on it. I wanted as much of the classic experience as I could get.
You need to experience Holiday Mansion! Smile

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(10-16-2018, 05:49 PM)linearinduction Wrote: You need to experience Holiday Mansion! Smile

Agreed!
(10-16-2018, 05:49 PM)linearinduction Wrote: You need to experience Holiday Mansion! Smile

That's next on my list. lol. I actually have an increased desire to check out Disneyland now that I've been to Disney World.
(10-16-2018, 11:07 PM)Willenator Wrote: That's next on my list. lol. I actually have an increased desire to check out Disneyland now that I've been to Disney World.

On the topic of Disney's holiday themed rides I have to say Its a Small World Holiday is much better than the regular ride!
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(10-16-2018, 11:18 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: On the topic of Disney's holiday themed rides I have to say Its a Small World Holiday is much better than the regular ride!
A Parking Lot is better than Regular It's a Small World! lol Twenty continuous minutes of that song during a ride breakdown in 1995 was too much for me. I will have to ride it because it will be Emerson's first trip to Disneyland in just over a week from now....not looking forward to it! lol I will, however, get to experience Holiday It's a Small World when we go back down for Christmas.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island