Disney World
Just got back from Disney World. What a trip! I've never been to a place with that much to do before. I thought Cedar Point had a lot going for it, but Disney World was just a whole other level I never expected. I'm sure some of you would like to see some pictures, so I will get them uploaded to OneDrive after going through all of them and then share.

I will say that I got a bit emotional halfway through the trip. The Haunted Mansion is kind of the reason that I run Lagoon Is Fun, and I never thought I would get a chance any time soon to ride it. I realize that may sound weird, but it connects in a series of events. It was when I was much younger, I saw a special on TV about the Haunted Mansion discussing the ride, the history, and the story behind it. I was so fascinated by it all that I wanted to do stuff with theme parks. Since I live in Utah, I didn't have many options as a 16-year-old, so I ended up working at Lagoon. I enjoyed Lagoon so much I went on to make this website when I stopped working at Lagoon. When I found out I was going to Disney World, I knew I had to get on the Haunted Mansion because it was the ride that got me interested in theme and amusement parks. However, I was worried because of my size that I wouldn't be able to ride, but I did fit, and the ride was amazing. I ended up riding multiple times. It was the end of the first ride that I had to take a moment and just be happy that I finally got to ride the one ride outside of Lagoon that I knew so well without ever going on it.

I was actually surprised at how roomy the doombuggies, and I wasn't aware that Disney implemented the omnimover design on multiple rides. I focused on Haunted Mansion growing up and never really got into the other Disney stuff. I was more of a fan of amusement parks than I was theme parks growing up since it was only amusement parks that I ever went to. As I started researching the different ride vehicle designs implemented at Disney World, I realized that I could enjoy much more than just the Haunted Mansion after seeing how the seat worked. That sparked a very long day of running around to all the other omnimover rides.

I never thought I'd step foot in a Disney park anytime soon. This trip was a total surprise and a ton of fun. I would love to do it again, but I think I'd love to give Disneyland a try too someday. As an amusement park fan, I can say that I see the appeal of theme parks now. Happy
Thats awesome Will. I have yet had the chance to go to DisneyWorld, I look forward to your pictures.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
I want to go on haunted Mansion!!!
FYI - Depending on the time of the year they have a different overlay. Right now it's Halloween themed and last time we where there it was Jack Skeleton

We are planning a Trip to Disney World in 2020. I was going to drive, but my boss convinced me to fly, but to make it worth it we will be driving to Las Vegas and then flying from there.
Weird thing is that flight from SLC to FL was like $384 where as a flight from Vegas is only $185
Here are the pics:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AiyNHMH_Y3VBhoQ3QcsvABjqtzWnkA
(10-13-2018, 11:39 AM)Willenator Wrote: Here are the pics:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AiyNHMH_Y3VBhoQ3QcsvABjqtzWnkA

Awesome Pics! I have never made it to Disney World, and have made it to Disney Land, but was seven at the time, and remember almost nothing. I am trying to save up for a big trip outside of lagoon, should I choose Disney World or Cedar Point. Disney seems a lot better themed, but Cedar Point has more thrills. I also might be considering another cedar fair park, KD or KI
Sounds like a great time. Great photos. I was also inspired a lot by those old Disney TV shows when I was a kid.
(10-13-2018, 11:24 AM)DeLorean Wrote: FYI - Depending on the time of the year they have a different overlay. Right now it's Halloween themed and last time we where there it was Jack Skeleton

We are planning a Trip to Disney World in 2020. I was going to drive, but my boss convinced me to fly, but to make it worth it we will be driving to Las Vegas and then flying from there.
Weird thing is that flight from SLC to FL was like $384 where as a flight from Vegas is only $185
Just so you're not disappointed they only do the Nightmare before Christmas overlay at Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland. The Haunted Mansion in Disneyworld does not change.
I was super happy that Disney World doesn't do the holiday makeover for Haunted Mansion.
(10-13-2018, 08:49 PM)Willenator Wrote: I was super happy that Disney World doesn't do the holiday makeover for Haunted Mansion.
WHOA, WHOA, WHOA!!!!! Pump the Brakes!

I, a person whom never cared for Nightmare Before Christmas, absolutely LOVES Holiday Mansion! I NEVER thought I would say I preferred Nightmare Before Christmas Mansion over the Original, but in 2003, I was Changed forever! I can hardly wait to see it again in a couple weeks. Riding regular Mansion in the summer of 2011 just wasn't as amazing as Holiday Mansion. I am a true convert!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island