What is Lagoon getting for 2019?
(08-16-2018, 03:46 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: We got 2 new rides and a re-imagined dark ride in 2017 so I think a new ride and a re-imagined dark ride in 2019 is possible. If it's going to be a flat ride, I'd guess Zamperla would make it, and since one water ride was removed an another water ride sucks they should probably get a new one. The next 5 years are expected to be the hottest in recorded history. Based entirely on that my guess is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOVlIZieRKE
Looks fun...kinda takes up allot of space for a flat though.
(08-16-2018, 03:46 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: We got 2 new rides and a re-imagined dark ride in 2017 so I think a new ride and a re-imagined dark ride in 2019 is possible. If it's going to be a flat ride, I'd guess Zamperla would make it, and since one water ride was removed an another water ride sucks they should probably get a new one. The next 5 years are expected to be the hottest in recorded history. Based entirely on that my guess is this:

That would go great underneath Bat in that Grass section next to BomBora. There might be trees they don't want to remove in the way but its a nice open plot for a new family ride.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
I think it's going to be either another roller coaster or another flat ride
(08-16-2018, 08:03 PM)A00967505 Wrote: I think it's going to be either another roller coaster or another flat ride

I’m definitely hoping for a large scale thrill ride or love to Dracula’s Castle next year. Dracula is a possibility, but I doubt there will be a large thrill ride. They are clearing space in different areas of the park, but none of them seem large enough to hold a roller coaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda redundant with OdySea in the park and nearby. With the Jump Around installed, there is only one Top Selling Family Ride Lagoon doesn't have, and that's the Happy Swing. Since 2009, I've been saying a Happy Swing would have fit PERFECTLY where Lagoon eventually relocated Bulgy to. Bulgy should have gone next to BomBora. An Asian themed Happy Swing would be alright next to Jumping Dragon on the East side though. Maybe even a Magic Bikes....those seem popular.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(08-16-2018, 08:05 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: I’m definitely hoping for a large scale thrill ride or love to Dracula’s Castle next year. Dracula is a possibility, but I doubt there will be a large thrill ride. They are clearing space in different areas of the park, but none of them seem large enough to hold a roller coaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think both the former Music USA location and the former Hydro Ludge location are big enough to at least hold a roller coaster the size of either Wild Mouse or Spider. And I think they should at least put one where Hydro Ludge used to be but I don't think it's going to open until either 2023 or 2025. I think it should be the same width as Hydro Ludge was but I think it should go back as far as the back of the new north restrooms. I think the entrance line and the loading station should be where the exit to Hydro Ludge was. Riders start facing west then after they leave the station it turns north then it starts going up the lift hill which goes all the way to the north side of the ride then it turns east and continues going up the lift hill until it gets to the east side of the ride then it goes downhill. The lift hills should be at least as steep as the lift hill on the Fire Dragon and there should be at least 5 inversions. The exit should go under the first part of the lift hill and come out on the west side near where I think they should move the north Sky Ride station to. I think they could also move Music Express to another location and put one there. If they wanted to expand into the car park again they could put a flying roller coaster to the west of Spider.
(08-16-2018, 02:20 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: That would go great underneath Bat in that Grass section next to BomBora. There might be trees they don't want to remove in the way but its a nice open plot for a new family ride.

I think the area between the Ladybug Bop and Dinosaur Drop and the entrance to the water park would be a better location. I think if they do put a ride at least partialy under the Bat it should be an inverted kiddie coaster
(08-17-2018, 01:04 AM)A00967505 Wrote: I think the area between the Ladybug Bop and Dinosaur Drop and the entrance to the water park would be a better location. I think if they do put a ride at least partialy under the Bat it should be an inverted kiddie coaster

There is no room between LAB entrance and Dino Drop. Dino drops uses what little space there is for a "queue line." An inverted Kiddie coaster under a already inverted Kiddie coaster seems redundant lol. Besides there isn't smaller inverts than Bat. Now replacing Bat with an S&S invert or an S&S Family free fly would be sweet.

Bat usually gives a pretty lame ride as the first "drop" isn't a drop lol but last night it was giving a pretty decent ride. The ride is showing its age as the train was very loud in ways it shouldn't be and there was some pretty bad track joints that made the jr  Vekoma Hang & Bang even more so.

(08-17-2018, 10:01 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: There is no room between LAB entrance and Dino Drop. Dino drops uses what little space there is for a "queue line." An inverted Kiddie coaster under a already inverted Kiddie coaster seems redundant lol. Besides there isn't smaller inverts than Bat. Now replacing Bat with an S&S invert or an S&S Family free fly would be sweet.

Bat usually gives a pretty lame ride as the first "drop" isn't a drop lol but last night it was giving a pretty decent ride. The ride is showing its age as the train was very loud in ways it shouldn't be and there was some pretty bad track joints that made the jr  Vekoma Hang & Bang even more so.
It's not really the track joints as it is the bogies. I keep my fingers crossed all the time that Lagoon will put some ART Engineering Bogies on Bat. I mean, the ART bogies on Spider and Wicked made the ride experiences much better IMO.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(08-17-2018, 02:32 PM)linearinduction Wrote: It's not really the track joints as it is the bogies. I keep my fingers crossed all the time that Lagoon will put some ART Engineering Bogies on Bat. I mean, the ART bogies on Spider and Wicked made the ride experiences much better IMO.

I dunno. I rode Wicked for the first time in a couple years this year and it had not improved from when I rode it a few years ago in fact it even felt worse. Its really too bad as the ride is only 11 years old. If they could achieve the level of smoothness that Colossus has still after 30 years that would be sweet. Its really too bad I liked Wicked (the first half anyway lol)