Frightmares 2018
(08-18-2018, 08:37 PM)linearinduction Wrote: FRIGHTMARES! can be insanely busy on Friday and Saturdays, especially in the afternoons/evenings, and easily as busy as some weekends during the summer. It's been said, that for some parks like Knott's Berry Farm, that they can fund their next year's operations budget during the Haunt season alone. That said, Haunt is so big for Knott's, that from what I learned in 2001, the Haunt Staff had January-March off, with construction for that year's Haunt starting in April, and vertical construction as early as June, and tear down being complete by January. As soon as June came along, the next year's Haunt and Houses were being planned.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Wow! That’s crazy that it’s that big at Knott’s! I’d love to go to Frightmares this year, I just don’t know if it justifies a 4 hour drive for those lines. I am going to FrightFest at Six Flags Magic Mountain next month. If I like that, maybe I’ll try out FRIGHTMARES! () and see how it compares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(08-18-2018, 08:41 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: Wow! That’s crazy that it’s that big at Knott’s! I’d love to go to Frightmares this year, I just don’t know if it justifies a 4 hour drive for those lines. I am going to FrightFest at Six Flags Magic Mountain next month. If I like that, maybe I’ll try out FRIGHTMARES! () and see how it compares.

You will be extremely disappointed with FrightFest, especially compared to FRIGHTMARES! I've yet to hear a single positive thing about FrightFest. Also, if you are going to be there, why wouldn't you go to Knott's for Haunt or Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios. They are infinitely better than anything Six Flags could do.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(08-18-2018, 08:51 PM)linearinduction Wrote: You will be extremely disappointed with FrightFest, especially compared to FRIGHTMARES! I've yet to hear a single positive thing about FrightFest. Also, if you are going to be there, why wouldn't you go to Knott's for Haunt or Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios. They are infinitely better than anything Six Flags could do.

FRIGHTMARES! sounds pretty good then! We will only be in California for 2 days, and we have planned on spending both at SFMM because we are Six Flags season pass holders. We aren’t intentionally going for FrightFest, we are just going because they will be open until 1 AM on Friday. Maybe we will go on the night before when Six Flags closes at 6 and Knotts has Knott’s Scary Farm from 7-1 AM. I don’t really know yet.

You will love Frightmares! IMO opinion it's the funnest time of the year at Lagoon. I did HHN in orlando 2 years ago and I honestly enjoy Frightmares more. If you are worried about the lines Lagoon offers a 'time warp' pass for around $15 that lets you skip the line for the houses. That's what we always do. Worth every penny if it's busy.
(08-18-2018, 12:24 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Are Rocket Man, Captain Collossus, and Puff making a come back?

Rocket Man!! I completely forgot about Captain Colossus. I can't remember who played him originally in Spook-A-Boo, but he was great.
It's probably a little less busy at the beginning of Frightmares in September. The lines are very long for the walk-throughs, but if you stay until the last hour or so they die down a lot. Sometimes we can go through most or all of them in the last hour. Especially when it's colder because a lot of people leave early then.
(08-19-2018, 08:05 AM)Brăden Wrote: It's probably a little less busy at the beginning of Frightmares in September. The lines are very long for the walk-throughs, but if you stay until the last hour or so they die down a lot. Sometimes we can go through most or all of them in the last hour. Especially when it's colder because a lot of people leave early then.

Agreed. Cold Rain also helps clear out the less dedicated whimps.  Happy
Treat Street has me intrigued. It's in Pioneer Village which already has the straw maze, scare zone, and Frightening Frisco. My guess is they are putting it where the newer pavilions are. It seems Pioneer Village is becoming the place to be during Frightmares!

Also, my wife and I pick a day every Frightmares where we will spend the extra money on the Time Warp Pass just to enjoy all the houses without dealing with the lines. That always makes it nice.
(08-19-2018, 04:26 PM)Willenator Wrote: Treat Street has me intrigued. It's in Pioneer Village which already has the straw maze, scare zone, and Frightening Frisco. My guess is they are putting it where the newer pavilions are. It seems Pioneer Village is becoming the place to be during Frightmares!

Also, my wife and I pick a day every Frightmares where we will spend the extra money on the Time Warp Pass just to enjoy all the houses without dealing with the lines. That always makes it nice.

I agree about treat street, but also kind of over underwhelming, considering we already have two more one spider haunted houses, and I wish we had another two spider rated haunted house. Also, nice to meet finally meet you, I am slightly new here. What do you think about the nightmare midway situation I also mentioned  a while back on this thread, the "New" haunted house this season, although, as I said before, it is very confusing. What do you all think about how the nightmare midway might return.
(08-18-2018, 08:51 PM)linearinduction Wrote: You will be extremely disappointed with FrightFest, especially compared to FRIGHTMARES! I've yet to hear a single positive thing about FrightFest. Also, if you are going to be there, why wouldn't you go to Knott's for Haunt or Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios. They are infinitely better than anything Six Flags could do.

I just bought our Knott's Scary Farm tickets for Thursday, September 27th! This will be my first time going to Knott's Berry Farm ever! I'm excited to check out Xcelerator, Silver Bullet, GhostRider, and Hangtime! Should be fun! I will be at Six Flags Magic Mountain during the day on Thusday, Knott's in the evening, and Magic Mountain again all day on Friday for FrightFest. I can't wait to see how they compare!