Frightmares 2018
(08-18-2018, 04:24 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: I'm guessing that there's going to be people dressed as the rides themselves in one way or another. Could be as simple as people dressed up as ladybugs, whales, dragons, bats, etc... or maybe it will be more creative than that and they'll actually resemble the rides. It's actually a great idea IMO. I've had this idea for quite a while that Lagoon should build a sweet suspended dark ride where you go along with Puff as he flies over Lagoon and drops in on some of the park's other inhabitants.

Here's the description of Treat Street:

I don't know much about Frightmares, I've only been a couple of times and gone through a couple of houses so I don't have much else to say about the rest of it. I do think they do some creative stuff for Frightmares and don't understand why that level of creativity doesn't spill over into the rest of the season. Maybe it will start to.
Hmm, that sounds interesting, but also very strange. We will have a bat, a octopus, and the strangest one of all, a cannibal? that would be a dark turn for a childrens walkthrough. Laugh
Are Rocket Man, Captain Collossus, and Puff making a come back?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Who is this Captain Colossus?
(08-18-2018, 04:03 PM)Brăden Wrote: Who is this Captain Colossus?
If there was anyone who would know about Captain Collossus, I figure it would be you! lol

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Asking questions is one way to know things. That's why I asked.
(08-18-2018, 05:22 PM)Brăden Wrote: Asking questions is one way to know things. That's why I asked.
I figured he was infamous enough, but Captain Collossus was a "superhero" from Spook-A-Boo from the early naughts.

I have never gone to Lagoon during Frightmares before. Is it worth going? How crazy are ride lines usually during Frightmares?
It was one of my favorite times to work there. I love goong as a guest now too.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(08-18-2018, 08:32 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: It was one of my favorite times to work there. I love goong as a guest now too.

That’s great! I think it sounds really fun, but are the lines too long that it seems unenjoyable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(08-18-2018, 07:40 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: I have never gone to Lagoon during Frightmares before. Is it worth going? How crazy are ride lines usually during Frightmares?
FRIGHTMARES! can be insanely busy on Friday and Saturdays, especially in the afternoons/evenings, and easily as busy as some weekends during the summer. It's been said, that for some parks like Knott's Berry Farm, that they can fund their next year's operations budget during the Haunt season alone. That said, Haunt is so big for Knott's, that from what I learned in 2001, the Haunt Staff had January-March off, with construction for that year's Haunt starting in April, and vertical construction as early as June, and tear down being complete by January. As soon as June came along, the next year's Haunt and Houses were being planned.