Trip Report: Silverwood 2018...
(07-05-2018, 01:49 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Timber Terror Review:

The stats:

Max Height: 85 Feet
Length: 2,700 Feet
Max Speed: 55 MPH
Manufacture: Custom Coaster International (CCI) (Defunct)
Trains: PTC Trains
Restraints: Seat belts with buzz bars.
Number of Trains: 1
Model: Classic Out and Back

The stats of this coaster make is seem simple and tame but this ride maybe be a simple out and back but its is not tame. The coaster starts out with a small dip out of the station and right onto the lift hill. At the top of the lift the track curves to the left with the whole train coming off the chain before the first drop. This coaster is an airtime machine! The best part of the ride in my opinion is the double up right after the first airtime hill. I got airtime on every hill on this ride it was amazing. The last time I rode this coaster it had a bad bump at the bottom of the first drop which in the last 7 years has been fixed lol. Its a shaky ride and is the roughest of the two woodies at Silverwood.

The coaster starts at the back of the park with one airtime hill following the first drop and then into a double up then a drop and up again into a large swooping turn around and then two more airtime hills and then into a lateral turn with minimal banking which throws ya around a bit, I like later g forces but this turn needed a bit more banking. After this turn it leads into a helix which also I feel is under-banked which then it goes into a straight section and then into a dip with a trim brake and then up into the reduction brakes. From the under-banked turn to reduction is by far the roughest part of the ride. Its a fun ride but if this last section had been done slightly differently it would be even better. 

This coaster is out of the four coasters there at least from my observations of the GP was the 2nd to least favorite at the park, with the least being Corkscrew. Myself personally rank it as the 2nd best coaster at the park, only second to Tremors but that's for a future review. Our first ride on it we waited a good 45 minutes but after that there was never a line but there was always a wait. Which is one thing Silverwood needs to improve on.

Each of their coasters are 1 train operations which means the through out it going to be slower obviously and slower more with bad operations. Silverwoods employees are thorough and safe but they are deathly slow. These crews should be busting butt to get their dispatch times up and they won't even with a long line. I understand from operating rides there are days that you just don't want to be there but its your job and you need to do it. Silverwood needs to consider modifying their two woodies to put on a 2nd train or the cheaper and less drastic option kick their operators in the butt to get them moving. I asked on of the operators if they would like a 2nd train to help with operations and his answer not an exact quote but was basically that he'd have to do more work. This is one area that Lagoon for the most part does better than Silverwood is efficiency.

The coaster is the first thing you see when driving to the park from the south on Highway 95 and has the parks name hanging on its lift hill and I like the look of it. Over all Timber Terror is a great ride and very re-ridable and a great part of silverwood. I was asked by a park employee, because of one of my coaster enthusiast shirts I had one, which coaster was the best between Tremors and Timber Terror and I said while both are wood coasters they are much different from each other and are both great rides, each was designed to provide a different thrill. With that I do recommend riding Timber Terror first before Tremors though this is hard as you will walk by Tremors first.
Wait, Timber Terror was ROUGHER than Tremors? What the heck! I loved the laterals and aggressiveness on this thing back in 2004. Sucks to hear it's rough. The only other woodies I've ridden that were more aggressive than Tremors and Timber Terror (in a fun way) is Ravine Flyer II.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Tremors Review:

The stats:

Max Height: 100 Feet
Drop Height: 103 Feet
Length: 3,000
Max Speed: 60 MPH
Restraints: Lap bars with Seat belts
Model: Twister

Tremors debuted at Silverwood in 1999 making it their 4th coaster. The ride features 3,000 feet of track and 4, count them 4 tunnels! The ride is a twister layout and takes up a large portion of the park but none of that is wasted. Right from the first drop to the brakes this is one relentless ride full of airtime and great swooping turns.

The ride begins with a left turn out of the station directly onto the lift hill. While on the lift you get a good view of the land south of the park and of the Aftershock roller coaster. At the top of the lift the coaster continues with a left hand turn slightly banked and then levels out as it enters the first drop, which steep, not sure the exact number but its very shocking with good airtime in the back seat on this first drop. The drop goes down under the gift shop for Tremors and up through it in a window filled tunnel but you are moving so fast when on it you don't realize that is what just happened. After the first drop there is a bunny hop hill providing great airtime, I personally found it better airtime in the front then back seat here and through the rest of the layout when it has airtime moments. after the bunny hill it flies through another tunnel before rising up into a banked turn where the ride then goes into a large helix with areas of banking and leveling out providing some good low to the ground elements and good speed. The coaster then ascends up a hil to a non banked turn and dives down and back up into an airtime hill followed by a good head chopper element through the coasters structure. Following this used to be the roughest part of the coaster where in my 2011 trip you could feel the train smash into the turn. I remember that so vividly that I braced for it on my first ride on this last trip and there was no crashing or anything it was the smoothest part of the whole ride, I'll explain why in a little bit. Following the headchopper it travels up and then into a tight swooping turn turning 270 degrees with the track traveling over where you had just traveled ( i.e. the head chopper) goes into an airtime hil and then into a non banked turn diving into the 3rd of the 4 rides tunnels and this is where the on ride photo is located, I personally think it should be on the first drop as the gift shop provides a good head chopper and provides some good faces. (Silverwood does a Tremors on ride photo contest every year on FB with the winning photo getting free passes for the next season.) After the third tunnel it goes into a bunny hop hill providing more airtime and then into the fourth tunnel and then it pops up into a banked turn down into a swooping turn barely missing the first drop with a banked low to the ground turn into the reduction brake.

This coaster is the best coaster at Silverwood and I rode this one more than the others, its such a great ride. Now in regards to that rough turn now being butter smooth. That turn a few years ago go the RMC Topper Track treatment and man its amazing! I wish RMC would do Track Topper on that whole ride because it would make Tremors better than it already is! On our first ride I noticed the difference while my wife did not but once I pointed it out to her it was her favorite part of the ride as well. You could tell when you entered the track topper section and left it it was so much of a difference. Hands down Tremors is awesome! Lagoon has nothing that compares to Tremors and I hope that Lagoon at some point gets a new modern woodie! A clone to Tremors would be good and I'm not a fan of clones lol.

Make sure Tremors is on your bucket list because its awesome!

[Image: watch?v=F__i8h2ksC4]
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(07-06-2018, 04:15 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Tremors Review:

The stats:

Max Height: 100 Feet
Drop Height: 103 Feet
Length: 3,000
Max Speed: 60 MPH
Restraints: Lap bars with Seat belts
Model: Twister

Tremors debuted at Silverwood in 1999 making it their 4th coaster. The ride features 3,000 feet of track and 4, count them 4 tunnels! The ride is a twister layout and takes up a large portion of the park but none of that is wasted. Right from the first drop to the brakes this is one relentless ride full of airtime and great swooping turns.

The ride begins with a left turn out of the station directly onto the lift hill. While on the lift you get a good view of the land south of the park and of the Aftershock roller coaster. At the top of the lift the coaster continues with a left hand turn slightly banked and then levels out as it enters the first drop, which steep, not sure the exact number but its very shocking with good airtime in the back seat on this first drop. The drop goes down under the gift shop for Tremors and up through it in a window filled tunnel but you are moving so fast when on it you don't realize that is what just happened. After the first drop there is a bunny hop hill providing great airtime, I personally found it better airtime in the front then back seat here and through the rest of the layout when it has airtime moments. after the bunny hill it flies through another tunnel before rising up into a banked turn where the ride then goes into a large helix with areas of banking and leveling out providing some good low to the ground elements and good speed. The coaster then ascends up a hil to a non banked turn and dives down and back up into an airtime hill followed by a good head chopper element through the coasters structure. Following this used to be the roughest part of the coaster where in my 2011 trip you could feel the train smash into the turn. I remember that so vividly that I braced for it on my first ride on this last trip and there was no crashing or anything it was the smoothest part of the whole ride, I'll explain why in a little bit. Following the headchopper it travels up and then into a tight swooping turn turning 270 degrees with the track traveling over where you had just traveled ( i.e. the head chopper) goes into an airtime hil and then into a non banked turn diving into the 3rd of the 4 rides tunnels and this is where the on ride photo is located, I personally think it should be on the first drop as the gift shop provides a good head chopper and provides some good faces. (Silverwood does a Tremors on ride photo contest every year on FB with the winning photo getting free passes for the next season.) After the third tunnel it goes into a bunny hop hill providing more airtime and then into the fourth tunnel and then it pops up into a banked turn down into a swooping turn barely missing the first drop with a banked low to the ground turn into the reduction brake.

This coaster is the best coaster at Silverwood and I rode this one more than the others, its such a great ride. Now in regards to that rough turn now being butter smooth. That turn a few years ago go the RMC Topper Track treatment and man its amazing! I wish RMC would do Track Topper on that whole ride because it would make Tremors better than it already is! On our first ride I noticed the difference while my wife did not but once I pointed it out to her it was her favorite part of the ride as well. You could tell when you entered the track topper section and left it it was so much of a difference. Hands down Tremors is awesome! Lagoon has nothing that compares to Tremors and I hope that Lagoon at some point gets a new modern woodie! A clone to Tremors would be good and I'm not a fan of clones lol.

Make sure Tremors is on your bucket list because its awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F__i8h2ksC4
[Image: watch?v=F__i8h2ksC4]
One small detail you left out. The hill between tunnel #1 (Under the Gift Shop and first drop) and tunnel #2 is only something like 16ft above grade (over the Midway). The airtime is beyond insane!

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
(07-06-2018, 05:21 PM)linearinduction Wrote: One small detail you left out. The hill between tunnel #1 (Under the Gift Shop and first drop) and tunnel #2 is only something like 16ft above grade (over the Midway). The airtime is beyond insane!

Yup. same as the the hill between Tunnels 3 and 4.

(07-06-2018, 08:42 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Yup. same as the the hill between Tunnels 3 and 4.
There's just nothing like standing underneath that hill. Smile

(07-06-2018, 09:59 PM)linearinduction Wrote: There's just nothing like standing underneath that hill. Smile

That is true. Tremors is amazing!

(07-06-2018, 11:37 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: That is true. Tremors is amazing!
It's why it's my #3 Woodie, behind Ravine Flyer III (Which I have no doubt you'd love Ian), and The Beast.

(07-07-2018, 06:55 PM)linearinduction Wrote: It's why it's my #3 Woodie, behind Ravine Flyer III (Which I have no doubt you'd love Ian), and The Beast.

Ravine Flyer II looks awesome! I wish Lagoon would add another woodie. I was thinking the other day that Primordial would make an awesome name for a wood coaster.