Trip Report: Silverwood 2018...
Corkscrew. The actual Corkscrew element was fun, and it looks cool watching trains go through it from off the ride. Overall...if I had to put my impression of it into one word...uncomfortable, particularly the restraints.
(08-17-2018, 04:44 PM)Brăden Wrote: Corkscrew. The actual Corkscrew element was fun, and it looks cool watching trains go through it from off the ride. Overall...if I had to put my impression of it into one word...uncomfortable, particularly the restraints.

The way the restraints were on the Arrow Corkscrew that I rode made it really difficult to put one of your arms in the train. Is this one the same way?
I like dark rides

Not exactly, but it did restrict my arms quite a bit. I mean, you can't really put your arms up because the restraints are so wide.
Ive heard that Alan S of RMC, used to work for Arrow, has taken Corkscrew as his own project and has done some track work on it. Maybe Silverwood could try for a new train for it with lap bars from RMC. That would be sweet.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(08-18-2018, 02:25 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Ive heard that Alan S of RMC, used to work for Arrow, has taken Corkscrew as his own project and has done some track work on it. Maybe Silverwood could try for a new train for it with lap bars from RMC. That would be sweet.
New Vekoma Trains would be more likely, and probably safer, considering the issues...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(08-18-2018, 03:01 PM)linearinduction Wrote: New Vekoma Trains would be more likely, and probably safer, considering the issues...

It would be expensive but designing a train with lapbars would be a nice retrofit to the ride.

(08-19-2018, 12:42 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: It would be expensive but designing a train with lapbars would be a nice retrofit to the ride.
An inverting arrow with lap bars, without re engineered and all new track just sounds like an accident waiting to happen. From my experience on corkscrew in 2004, it would render many people sterile from lower extremity injuries. lol

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
(08-19-2018, 01:32 PM)linearinduction Wrote: An inverting arrow with lap bars, without  re engineered and all new track just sounds like an accident waiting to happen. From my experience on corkscrew in 2004, it would render many people sterile from lower extremity injuries. lol

Yeah that is true. The Vekoma vest restarints would be much better than the current restraints.

Its too bad RMC couldnt apply a track topper to corkscrew cause the sections done on tremors are so amazingly smooth.

(08-19-2018, 01:55 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Its too bad RMC couldnt apply a track topper to corkscrew cause the sections done on tremors are so amazingly smooth.
Here's my question about the Topper Track though... Why haven't more parks installed it and/or why have those that did have it in the Six Flags chain then have I-box conversions? Was it because of the topper track they went with the I-Box, or has RMC been pushing the I-Box as a permanent fix and Topper just a stop gap?