Evermore Park
(05-10-2018, 03:17 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: I don't know how I feel about Evermore. The owner stated they plan on 'expanding' the concept whatever that means. They also have hinted on their Facebook page that the next addition to the park could be the void. I do know from a story on KUTV Tuesday night that they have a former Disney imagineer heavily involved in the project and a prop production warehouse adjacent to the property.
Obviously there are no heavy hitters from WDI working on Evermore. Probably a lower level guy who was directed on what to do by real imagineers.

Also, a year round renaissance fair is hardly a new concept, nor a profitable one. Let's again not forget about the Young Living Farms theme park proposal that was to rely on a renaissance theme as well.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Evermore is looking for a head gardener. Just incase some here wants a new line of work. Lol
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(05-11-2018, 06:28 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Evermore is looking for a head gardener. Just incase some here wants a new line of work. Lol

Maybe Braden would be interested.
People may think a park about 'dress-up' makes no sense, but I have had the unfortunate but interesting experience of being involved in the planning of a cosplay convention and I understand just how many kids in Utah have pretty much their whole lives revolving around 'dress-up'. It's a lot.

While I don't know anything about who is running this park, I could see it doing extremely well. It wouldn't necessarily pull from Lagoon... unless it builds some rides... but if this park starts building some high quality dark rides it could even start pulling from SoCal parks, who knows?

Where are you seeing they want a head gardener? I'd like to see their jobs page.
I like dark rides and I love tacos

(05-11-2018, 03:44 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: People may think a park about 'dress-up' makes no sense, but I have had the unfortunate but interesting experience of being involved in the planning of a cosplay convention and I understand just how many kids in Utah have pretty much their whole lives revolving around 'dress-up'. It's a lot.

While I don't know anything about who is running this park, I could see it doing extremely well. It wouldn't necessarily pull from Lagoon... unless it builds some rides... but if this park starts building some high quality dark rides it could even start pulling from SoCal parks, who knows?

Where are you seeing they want a head gardener? I'd like to see their jobs page.
It's on their facebook page. Also based on the huge success of comic con in this state I think you're right. People are going to eat this up.
Fan X relies on IPs for success, unlike a permanent renaissance fair, as they keep calling this. Again, I will bring up Young Living Farm's Theme Park Proposal, which actually had rides and attractions, but didn't happen.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
(05-11-2018, 04:54 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Fan X relies on IPs for success, unlike a permanent renaissance fair, as they keep calling this. Again, I will bring up Young Living Farm's Theme Park Proposal, which actually had rides and attractions, but didn't happen.

Young Living is a pyramid scheme that sells essential oil, isn't it? I didn't know they planned a park, but I certainly wouldn't believe anything they say. Why do you bring it up exactly? Is it somehow related to Evermore? I legitimately don't understand what you're trying to say.

(05-15-2018, 05:05 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: Young Living is a pyramid scheme that sells essential oil, isn't it? I didn't know they planned a park, but I certainly wouldn't believe anything they say. Why do you bring it up exactly? Is it somehow related to Evermore? I legitimately don't understand what you're trying to say.
The founder of Young Living had a full feasibility and master plan conducted for a theme park around the turn of the century. He's also obsessed with Renasance Fairs and Jousting. Part of his theme park plan was to have a "year round rennisance festival," just like how the builder of Evermore has described evermore as a "year round rennisance fair." Of course, any idiot could tell you how well a 250 Million Dollar theme park would have done in Mona, UT. The similarities between the Evermore Park announcement and the Young Living Farms theme park plans were very similar in ambition. However, I've yet to see any evidence of a true feasibility study released in regards to Evermore. I think we all know what it would indicate. In fact, I don't think Evermore has even engaged anyone or any group in the theme park or attractions industry. Also, Since we've been all about guessing dates things open....how about a closing date and auction of Evermore? lol Will it survive longer than Wild West World?

(05-18-2018, 05:54 PM)linearinduction Wrote: The founder of Young Living had a full feasibility and master plan conducted for a theme park around the turn of the century. He's also obsessed with Renasance Fairs and Jousting. Part of his theme park plan was to have a "year round rennisance festival," just like how the builder of Evermore has described evermore as a "year round rennisance fair." Of course, any idiot could tell you how well a 250 Million Dollar theme park would have done in Mona, UT. The similarities between the Evermore Park announcement and the Young Living Farms theme park plans were  very similar in ambition. However, I've yet to see any evidence of a true feasibility study released in regards to Evermore. I think we all know what it would indicate. In fact, I don't think Evermore has even engaged anyone or any group in the theme park or attractions industry. Also, Since we've been all about guessing dates things open....how about a closing date and auction of Evermore? lol Will it survive longer than Wild West World?

Thanks, I had no idea about that.

I'm trying to figure out how much land Evermore sits on and if there's room for expansion. Could the area accommodate a real theme park? I'd love it if one of these things happens:

A. The park does well and expands into rides with an aim towards becoming Utah's Disneyland.
B. The park does not do well and Six Flags or Cedar Fair get their grubby mitts on it and turn it into an amusement park.

(05-18-2018, 11:01 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I'm trying to figure out how much land the park sits on and if there's room for expansion. Could the area accommodate a real theme park? I'd love it if one of these things happens:

A. The park does well and expands into rides with an aim towards becoming Utah's Disneyland.
B. The park does not do well and Six Flags or Cedar Fair get their grubby mitts on it and turn it into an amusement park.
Six Flags and Cedar Fair are in no way interested in purchasing any parks. It's more likely that Lagoon would buy Evermore than either of them. Six Flags is only interested in branding of parks in Asia and Dubai, and Cedar Fair only wants to focus on their investments in their current portfolio.