Evermore Park
Well, their website is https://www.evermore.com, and their Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/evermorepark.  So far, going by the information on the FAQ section of the website (found in the dropdown menu under the "About" link at the top of the page), there are no rides planned there.

I also don't think it will take away from Lagoon's business in any noticeable way, any more than places like Thanksgiving Point, Boondocks, or Seven Peaks.
(05-09-2018, 07:34 PM)Gregory Wrote: Well, their website is https://www.evermore.com, and their Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/evermorepark.  So far, going by the information on the FAQ section of the website (found in the dropdown menu under the "About" link at the top of the page), there are no rides planned there.

I also don't think it will take away from Lagoon's business in any noticeable way, any more than places like Thanksgiving Point, Boondocks, or Seven Peaks.
The plans I last saw had some sort of a "transport" ride, which appeared to be a train with engine house and stations.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(05-09-2018, 07:37 PM)linearinduction Wrote: The plans I last saw had some sort of a "transport" ride, which appeared to be a train with engine house and stations.

I suppose it depends on how we're defining "rides" here.  I was going off of the idea of it meaning roller coasters and bumper cars and such.  There is a "Are there rides?" question in the FAQ - I'd post the answer, although I'm not sure if we're allowed to directly copy and paste info from other websites onto here (I will say it's an interesting response, though!).
(05-09-2018, 07:40 PM)Gregory Wrote: I suppose it depends on how we're defining "rides" here.  I was going off of the idea of it meaning roller coasters and bumper cars and such.  There is a "Are there rides?" question in the FAQ - I'd post the answer, although I'm not sure if we're allowed to directly copy and paste info from other websites onto here (I will say it's an interesting response, though!).
It's pretty obvious in the plans it's a train, as it goes around the back perimeter and bisects the center of the park. There are obvious grade crossings and a defined ROW.

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
(05-09-2018, 08:00 PM)linearinduction Wrote: It's pretty obvious in the plans it's a train, as it goes around the back perimeter and bisects the center of the park. There are obvious grade crossings and a defined ROW.

A transportation-style ride I can see, based upon what little I've seen as far as pics of the models, etc., as well as driving past it a lot.  I don't think there will be much room for thrill-style rides (roller coasters, etc.), though - there just isn't going to be the room in the area after they put in the "official" stuff I've seen so far (and the same goes for any other significant expansion - I see odds and ends style additions possibly occurring later on, but I think that what we're seeing in the current plans is going to be the major part of the park).  To me, it looks a lot like a sort of interactive Pioneer Village style setup, but with a fantasy sort of theme.
Did a quick search for images, and here's a link to an artist's rendition of the park done for the Utah Valley 360 magazine.  It's not a big picture, but it doesn't look like there's any rides beyond the train:

https://utahvalley360.com/wp-content/upl...ardens.jpg
It doesn't appear as if the train will be a custom themed product from Severn-Lamb, which leaves the possiblility of the 24" Crown that was at S&S, a Chance C.P. Huntington, or worst case scenario, from Katiland/Western Train Co.

I don't know how I feel about Evermore. The owner stated they plan on 'expanding' the concept whatever that means. They also have hinted on their Facebook page that the next addition to the park could be the void. I do know from a story on KUTV Tuesday night that they have a former Disney imagineer heavily involved in the project and a prop production warehouse adjacent to the property.
(05-10-2018, 03:17 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: I don't know how I feel about Evermore. The owner stated they plan on 'expanding' the concept whatever that means. They also have hinted on their Facebook page that the next addition to the park could be the void. I do know from a story on KUTV Tuesday night that they have a former Disney imagineer heavily involved in the project and a prop production warehouse adjacent to the property.

The Void was first intended to be an attraction at Evermore. Then when Evermore stalled that's when the VOID became its own thing. I hope this park does well but I can't see it doing well with out more rides. Basing a park solely on dressing up is eh lol.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(05-10-2018, 06:52 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: The Void was first intended to be an attraction at Evermore. Then when Evermore stalled that's when the VOID became its own thing. I hope this park does well but I can't see it doing well with out more rides. Basing a park solely on dressing up is eh lol.
Exactly what I was thinking...but maybe they're on to a new concept