Evermore Park
(12-17-2018, 09:19 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: We will see. The front end is what guests will remember.
Well, I would like to hear your experience with the front end when you go. Smile

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(12-17-2018, 10:32 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Well, I would like to hear your experience with the front end when you go. Smile

Evermore was awesome! I'll write more on it later, but both my wife and I enjoyed the park.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
I had an interesting encounter at Evermore this afternoon. A friend and I decided to stop by and look at their prices. We were reading the prices when a Female Evermore Employee walked out of the building and just stood behind us. My friend turned to her and asked if the Train was running, which she replied with a curt "no". He then asked what kind of a train is was. She rudely replied "the kind that goes choo choo." So he was telling me how they make "thatched" roofs out of fiber cables and paint them. She then said "The sidewalk is property of Evermore and you need to leave." He replied that "there was no sign that said we couldn't be there and that there was no gate into the parking lot." She replied with "I'm security." He said "we just wanted to check out the prices. Are you an I-9 or W-2 Employee?" She then replied in a very rude tone, "you can come back during regular business hours." We asked "what are your business hours" She then said "You need to leave."

We were simply standing in front of the entrance/ticket windows looking at their hours and NYE Event Prices. She was in an Evermore Hoodie that no where said "Security" and was definitely under the age of 21. She never once asked if she could help us, which in this industry is the VERY first thing you ask a potential customer or guest. Very poor guest service skills and a truly disappointing interaction with my first Evermore Employee. Not a good first Impression!

WARNING: The Following Post May Contain Sarcasm, Snark, Cynicism, Banter, Derision, Mockery, Irony, Ridicule, Satire, and/or Superciliousness.
Coaster Credits: 96
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
It's all part of the deep interaction. She was one of the ones that make you feel unwelcome and give you bad service. Sounds like she did a great job. Happy Tongue
(01-02-2019, 12:32 AM)Willenator Wrote: It's all part of the deep interaction. She was one of the ones that make you feel unwelcome and give you bad service. Sounds like she did a great job. Happy Tongue

They must be really good:  I start to feel unwelcome anytime I'm heading south past Bluffdale...  that's some projection!  Laugh
(01-02-2019, 12:47 AM)DragonTamer Wrote: They must be really good:  I start to feel unwelcome anytime I'm heading south past Bluffdale...  that's some projection!  Laugh
I get the exact same feeling!
(01-01-2019, 05:05 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I had an interesting encounter at Evermore this afternoon. A friend and I decided to stop by and look at their prices. We were reading the prices when a Female Evermore Employee walked out of the building and just stood behind us. My friend turned to her and asked if the Train was running, which she replied with a curt "no". He then asked what kind of a train is was. She rudely replied "the kind that goes choo choo." So he was telling me how they make "thatched" roofs out of fiber cables and paint them. She then said "The sidewalk is property of Evermore and you need to leave." He replied that "there was no sign that said we couldn't be there and that there was no gate into the parking lot." She replied with "I'm security." He said "we just wanted to check out the prices. Are you an I-9 or W-2 Employee?" She then replied in a very rude tone, "you can come back during regular business hours." We asked "what are your business hours" She then said "You need to leave."

We were simply standing in front of the entrance/ticket windows looking at their hours and NYE Event Prices. She was in an Evermore Hoodie that no where said "Security" and was definitely under the age of 21. She never once asked if she could help us, which in this industry is the VERY first thing you ask a potential customer or guest. Very poor guest service skills and a truly disappointing interaction with my first Evermore Employee. Not a good first Impression!

Definitely an interesting encounter.  While I'm sure she was an Evermore employee, I doubt she was security.  If she was, she'd have been in garb specifically identifying herself as such (I know that when I worked at Haunted Forest our security people wore jackets identifying them as such, and I know other such companies have done so as well, so I find it hard to believe that Evermore wouldn't follow suit), and if you were indeed trespassing (and, for some odd reason, she was the one who had been put into a position to tell you to move on, even if she wasn't security) she'd have immediately said so, instead of simply standing there staring at you.

I don't know if you think it's worth it to pass this along to Evermore.  I'd consider it.
(01-01-2019, 05:05 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I had an interesting encounter at Evermore this afternoon. A friend and I decided to stop by and look at their prices. We were reading the prices when a Female Evermore Employee walked out of the building and just stood behind us. My friend turned to her and asked if the Train was running, which she replied with a curt "no". He then asked what kind of a train is was. She rudely replied "the kind that goes choo choo." So he was telling me how they make "thatched" roofs out of fiber cables and paint them. She then said "The sidewalk is property of Evermore and you need to leave." He replied that "there was no sign that said we couldn't be there and that there was no gate into the parking lot." She replied with "I'm security." He said "we just wanted to check out the prices. Are you an I-9 or W-2 Employee?" She then replied in a very rude tone, "you can come back during regular business hours." We asked "what are your business hours" She then said "You need to leave."

That's too bad ya had that interaction. Everyone I interacted with was awesome. The front gate lady was very much interested in what we liked and didn't like. Its too bad you had a run in with a rude employee, but all parks have them. I'd still give the park a chance when its open.

The line to get in moved fast and was quickly. They have you sign a waiver and have a bag check before entering which was efficient and not a huge stumbling block like those can be. Once to the gate, they scanned my tickets off my phone and we were in.

The main park of the is not finished, the most finished parts are on the north western sides of the park with the eastern side very open still. You can see where most of the trains grade will be. Two large bridges for it are finished and a third the structure in in but the themeing is not done on it. The station in the center of the park is also finished as well.

All the employees in character was awesome. The only employees not in character where the security personnel and they were a bit rude, at least the one I had an interaction with was but nothing I'd be offended by. The detail in all the buildings is great and the attention to detail is amazing. All the "quests" you can participate in were fun and we loved connecting all the clues together to complete them. The dwarfs were by far the best characters in the whole park.

We didn't do the bird and animal show as it had a long line and we were eh about it lol. The ice skating rink is in the center of the park, which I hope the middle plaza fills in more. The Ice Skating rink is not maintained by any smoothing machine. Some of the employees in character are skating there sometimes too.

I probably left some stuff out so if you have a question ask me and I'll see if I know an answer.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
Looks like Evermore is getting ready to do auditions. They posted this to their Instagram account: